Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete duplicated fields in a line Post 302893022 by Gr4wk on Monday 17th of March 2014 01:27:03 AM
Old 03-17-2014
Good job SriniShoo.. your code working too.. can you explain please?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete spaces in between fields

I am new to unix and need some assistance. I have a file in the format below with about 15 fields per each record. I have 2 records displayed below. "1234","Andy ","Rich ","0001","123 Main Street ","Dallas " "2345","Andrew ","Richter ","0002","234 First Ave ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and delete 2nd duplicated of txt... -part2

Hi, I find out one problem is...the main point is we must delete 2nd duplicated of word in txt file. For example apple orange pink green orange yellow orange red output should be: apple orange pink green yellow orange (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple fields in file1 to file2 and print line and next line

Hello, I have two files that I need to compare and print out the line from file2 that has the first 6 fields matching the first 6 fields in file1. Complicating this are the following restrictions 1. file1 is only a few thousand lines at most and file2 is greater than 2 million 2. I need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesc_mac
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete duplicated characters in each line

I'm a biologist trying to analyse some data and I'll appreciate some help with the following problem. I have a column of characters which I'll like to delete the duplicated characters in each line and report only the unique one.No sorting should be done. E.g. The original data: GTG CTC CTC... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivpz
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove rows with first 4 fields duplicated in awk

Hi, I am trying to use awk to remove all rows where the first 4 fields are duplicates. e.g. in the following data lines 6-9 would be removed, leaving one copy of the duplicated row (row 5) Borgarhraun FH9822 ol24 FH9822_ol24_m20 ol Deformed c Borgarhraun FH9822 ol24 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomahawk
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed delete a line from csv file based on specific data in two separate fields

Hello, :wall: I have a 12 column csv file. I wish to delete the entire line if column 7 = hello and column 12 = goodbye. I have tried everything that I can find in all of my ref books. I know this does not work /^*,*,*,*,*,*,"hello",*,*,*,*,"goodbye"/d Any ideas? Thanks Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris Eagleson
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete last 2 fields from every record in a file

Sample file record : "20130617003","2013-06-18T07:00:03","OUTWARD","01001011","TEST PLC","","HFX834346364364","20130617","10","DUM87534758","","1.28","826","020201","65879278","","","","","","010101","56789","DUMMY... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigbuk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of fields then increment a counter reading line by line in a file

Hi, i have a scenario were i should compare a few fields from each line then increment a variable based on that. Example file 989878|8999|Y|0|Y|N|V 989878|8999|Y|0|N|N|V 989878|8999|Y|2344|Y|N|V i have 3 conditions to check and increment a variable on every line condition 1 if ( $3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete 'duplicated' column values and make a delimited file too?

Hi, I have the following output from an Oracle SQL statement and I want to remove duplicated column values. I know it is possible using Oracle analytical/statistical functions but unfortunately I don't know how to use any of those. So now, I've gone to PLAN B using awk/sed maybe or any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicated records and update last line record counts

Hi Gurus, I need to remove duplicate line in file and update TRAILER (last line) record count. the file is comma delimited, field 2 is key to identify duplicated record. I can use below command to remove duplicated. but don't know how to replace last line 2nd field to new count. awk -F","... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
11 Replies
GEARMAN_JOB_STATUS(3)							 1						     GEARMAN_JOB_STATUS(3)

GearmanClient::jobStatus - Get the status of a background job

Object oriented style (method):

SYNOPSIS
public array GearmanClient::jobStatus (string $job_handle) DESCRIPTION
Gets the status for a background job given a job handle. The status information will specify whether the job is known, whether the job is currently running, and the percentage completion. PARAMETERS
o $job_handle - The job handle assigned by the Gearman server RETURN VALUES
An array containing status information for the job corresponding to the supplied job handle. The first array element is a boolean indicat- ing whether the job is even known, the second is a boolean indicating whether the job is still running, and the third and fourth elements correspond to the numerator and denominator of the fractional completion percentage, respectively. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Monitor the status of a long running background job <?php /* create our object */ $gmclient= new GearmanClient(); /* add the default server */ $gmclient->addServer(); /* run reverse client */ $job_handle = $gmclient->doBackground("reverse", "this is a test"); if ($gmclient->returnCode() != GEARMAN_SUCCESS) { echo "bad return code "; exit; } $done = false; do { sleep(3); $stat = $gmclient->jobStatus($job_handle); if (!$stat[0]) // the job is known so it is not done $done = true; echo "Running: " . ($stat[1] ? "true" : "false") . ", numerator: " . $stat[2] . ", denomintor: " . $stat[3] . " "; } while(!$done); echo "done! "; ?> The above example will output something similar to: Running: true, numerator: 3, denomintor: 14 Running: true, numerator: 6, denomintor: 14 Running: true, numerator: 9, denomintor: 14 Running: true, numerator: 12, denomintor: 14 Running: false, numerator: 0, denomintor: 0 done! SEE ALSO
GearmanClient::doStatus. PHP Documentation Group GEARMAN_JOB_STATUS(3)