Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert awk line into perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert awk line into perl Post 302892964 by numele on Sunday 16th of March 2014 11:24:59 AM
Old 03-16-2014
Thank you for replying, but I was looking for a code that did not include awk. I am new to perl and know it is very rich, so I believe this can be done strictly in perl.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete the last line in a file using AWK or PERL

Is it possible to delete the last line in a file usin awk or perl? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to perl convert

Dear Collegue Do anybody help me to convert this AWK script to Perl script { for (i = 2; i <= length ($0); i++) { x = substr($0, i , 1) if (c > 0) { b = b x if (x == "(") c++ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk convert from line to column

i have an output like this : 012008 25760883 022008 12273095 032007 10103 032008 10115642 042007 20952798 but i would like to have it like this 012008,25760883 022008,12273095 032007,10103 032008,10115642 042007,20952798 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarmouda
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: how to convert perl script to awk in windows2003 server environment

For the following perl script, can anyone help to convert it to awk statement in windows2003 server environment ? Code: foreach $k (sort {$a <=> $b} keys %psnum) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tojzz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete more than one line awk or perl

Hi all! How can a file be rid of three lines in sequence like the sample below: ... </s> <s> <w></w> </s> <s> ...to get: ... </s> <s> ... Note that the digits between square brackets may be more than one, comprising a comma, or a full-stop; and that the string between brackets... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjomba
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert awk command to Perl

Hi all; I have a Perl script that uses this awk command wrapped in a "system" call; it works exactly as I want it; however I want to keep this a Perl script and have very few if any "system" command...so the question; can someone help me code this in Perl please ... i have tried an now I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with convert awk script into perl

Input file (a list of input file name with *.txt extension): campus.com_icmp_ping_alive.txt data_local_cd_httpd.txt data_local_cd.txt new_local_cd_mysql.txt new_local_cd_nagios_content.txt Desired output file: data local_cd_httpd data local_cd new local_cd_mysql new ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed - Convert 2 lines to 1 line

Hi, Just trying to get to grips with sed and awk for some reporting for work and I need some assistance: I have a file that lists policy names on the first line and then on the second line whether the policy is active or not. Policy Name: Policy1 Active: yes Policy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: guinch
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows into columns using awk or perl

hi friends, i am able to parse cvs diff file using bit of cut and grep commands to produce following output in text file '''cvs-diff.txt''' Package-Name = dev-freetype. Old-Version = 2.4.8 New-Version = 2.4.10 Patches-removed = freetype-2.4.8-cross-compile.patch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexzander18
2 Replies
SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool						SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-path - GNU shtool command dealing with shell path variables SYNOPSIS
shtool path [-s|--suppress] [-r|--reverse] [-d|--dirname] [-b|--basename] [-m|--magic] [-p|--path path] str [str ...] DESCRIPTION
This command deals with shell $PATH variables. It can find a program through one or more filenames given by one or more str arguments. It prints the absolute filesystem path to the program displayed on "stdout" plus an exit code of 0 if it was really found. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -s, --suppress Supress output. Useful to only test whether a program exists with the help of the return code. -r, --reverse Transform a forward path to a subdirectory into a reverse path. -d, --dirname Output the directory name of str. -b, --basename Output the base name of str. -m, --magic Enable advanced magic search for ""perl"" and ""cpp"". -p, --path path Search in path. Default is to search in $PATH. EXAMPLE
# shell script awk=`shtool path -p "${PATH}:." gawk nawk awk` perl=`shtool path -m perl` cpp=`shtool path -m cpp` revpath=`shtool path -r path/to/subdir` HISTORY
The GNU shtool path command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1998 for Apache. It was later taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), which(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)