Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Restore directory and contents from tape Post 302892923 by m_raheelahmed on Sunday 16th of March 2014 02:07:54 AM
Old 03-16-2014
[Solved] Restore directory and contents from tape

Resolved by using command

restore -xqf /dev/rmt0 rman-before-08032014/*

Smilie
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tape Restore Problems!!!

Hi. I have been having problems with restoring from a tape backup. I use the following cpio command: find / -print | cpio -ouvB > /dev/rStp0 After running this cpio command, the screen will display all files, but when I try to read or restore the tape I get the following error: Tape input... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Restore to disk from tape

I have been restoring from tape some old data. I have done quite a few tapes and have had no problems until now. The command I am running is "dd if=/dev/rmt/1hbn bs=1024 | tar -pBxF - ". This is the second tape have have come up with the error "Not enough space". This tape has a couple of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mtoombs
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Backup Tape Restore?

I am trying to do a restore on a backup tape (DDS2) and am having a little trouble. For one, I dont know how the tape was made, whether is was tar, cpio, dump..etc. Anyone know how to restore a tape without knowing the format of the backup? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bake255
5 Replies

4. AIX

Restore a tape

Hello everyone I have a tape with some information that I got to restore, the tape was made with the fbackup command in a hp box. My question is that I have to restore in a Ibm box, how can I do this ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

5. SCO

Restore from HP Tape Drive

Here is the scenario. We have an billing system that ran on SCO 5.0.6. The HP Netserver went dwon, along with SCSI disks. They are unretrievable. I installed an IDE HDD, and reinstalled SCO. I am not too familiar w/ SCO or UNIX, and need to know how to install Tape drive, and how to restore from... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlewis808
11 Replies

6. SCO

SCO UNIX tape restore

I am a mewbie to UNIX. I am using SCO Open Server 5 to run a legacy medical billing program "MDX" I have backup tapes made on HP DataStore8 which have the application and data files. Recently unable to login as individual user but can log into root. Previous commands that had restored the system... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: canbe842
5 Replies

7. Solaris

FLAR Tape Backup/Restore

I have a T2000 server that is JumpStarted with Solaris 10 from the JumpStart server. Host name and IP address is changed after that. Then we backup the server using FLAR to tape: root.damas# date; flarcreate -c -t -n "Sol10_cairo_image" -a "engineering@starsolutions.com" -R / /dev/rmt/0n ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 2.6 restore from tape

Hope someone can help me here... I've got to restore an E450 with 300MHz cpus which was running Solaris 2.6 from tape. Regrettably the boot drive has failed. I've access to the first release of Solaris 2.6 CD's and to a set of Solaris 9 CD's. I remember that different E450 CPUs needed different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pamplemousse
1 Replies

9. AIX

Tape backup/restore Date/time

good morning everyone how can i find the tape backup/restore Date/time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Portabello
2 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Can't restore my deleted etc from tape

Hi I recently deleted my /etc but I had a backup on tape. I was able to boot the server with a cd-rom and mounted the /c1t0d0s0 which is where the root directory resides. However when I tried to restore the backup with tar xvf /dev/rmt/0n I wasn't successful even though I was able to use the tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
2 Replies
XQF(6)								   Games Manual 							    XQF(6)

NAME
xqf - 3D action game server browser SYNOPSIS
xqf [options] DESCRIPTION
XQF is a 3D action game (such as Quake, sequels and derivatives) server browser. It uses X and is written using the GIMP Tool Kit, and uses QStat in the backend to retrieve server info. With XQF you can search for Quake, Quake World, Quake2, Quake3, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Hexen 2, Hexen World, Sin, Half-Life, King- pin, Soldier of Fortun 1/2, Tribes 2, Heretic 2, Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2003, Rune, Descent 3 and many others. You can look at lots of information about the servers. XQF can spawn your client into a selected server with customized options. You can also apply filters while searching for servers, trimming full or empty servers, for example. OPTIONS
XQF accepts several command line parameters: --launch [SERVERTYPE] IP adds the server specified with IP (e.g. 10.10.0.1:27666) to the favorites, queries it and launches the game. XQF tries to automati- cally determine the correct game based on the port. If the autodetections fails XQF will ask you for the game. Alternatively you may directly specify the game type on the command line (e.g. Q3S). --add [SERVERTYPE] IP adds the specified server to the favories and queries it. Basically the same as --launch except that the game is not launched ;-) --debug level set the specified debug level. Use this if you experience problems with XQF. Level 3 is usually sufficient for debugging most prob- lems. Higher levels product lots of output. --version prints the version of XQF. SEE ALSO
qstat(1). /usr/share/doc/xqf HOMEPAGE
http://linuxgames.com/xqf/ http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/xqf/ AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). XQF was written by Roman Pozlevich <roma@botik.ru>, and is now maintained by Bill Adams <bill@evilbill.org>, Alex Burger <alex_b@users.sourceforge.net> and Ludwig Nussel <l_n@users.sourceforge.net> December 19, 2004 XQF(6)