Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl syntax for formatting columns and text Post 302892877 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 15th of March 2014 09:30:15 AM
Old 03-15-2014
Are you using spreadheet::? How (what perl library) are you trying to use?
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel - search.cpan.org

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text formatting to 132 columns

I want to take a file that is generated in 132 columns from a unix based report generator and transfer it to a windows environment and preserve the column length. Any ideas how I can do this so that whatever windows based text editor that reads the document will know it should be in 132 columns?... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmossman
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting info into columns

Hi This question has kind of been asked before but I couldn't get any of the solutions to work. I need to format fields being cut from a file into columns so it looks like a table. e.g Full name Address Hiredate Joe Smith London 11.01.01 Bill King ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: straight_edge
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

text file formatting by perl

have a simple text file as input.i have to print that file in paragraph format.whenevr it finds "\n" in the input text it should start printing in next paragraph in output file.also a fixed amount of space should be given before start writing in every paragraph. the input and output file format... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik1983
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formatting in Perl.

Hiho, I've got a variable $sth = `du -sh /home/$whoami`; where $whoami is actually logged user. I want to have only the size of this directory eg. 2,7G. I know its lame, but anyway.. how to do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fenox
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting a line of data into columns

Hi all, I'm a little stuck with a data file I've been collecting data in. The file contains one field of data running continuously down the file and I can't work out how to format the data into three columns. This is a mock up of the file: Each r# is a random number and varies in length, this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nistleloy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting output in columns

I have a file which contains data in below format: nbkv28s MgmtReporting -> TradingDesk 1 nbkv28s RMBS -> Credits 178 nbkv28s RMBS -> PassThrough 96 nbkv28s RMBS -> Prepayment 111 nbkv28s RMBS -> RMBSHome 370 nbkv28s RMBS -> TradingStrategy 98 nbkvnze RMBS -> RMBSHome 85 nbkvugn GSF... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohsin.quazi
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting columns

Hi I have a file that is several gigs in size and basically I want to change the format of it. Obviously I cannot go through it manually. The file looks like this: 897 2 901 2 905 2 909 2 913 2 917 2 921 2 925 2 929 2 933 2 937 2 941 2 945 2 949 0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kylle345
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aligning columns in a text file using Perl

Hi All, I am new to perl and was trying to write a simple program which will generate a text file as output.. now the output which i am getting is something like this.. ================================================================================================== Col1 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting columns in file

I have a script that creates a file with three column output. The columns look like this: Policy Name Name Volume VLS-EDWARDS-ARCHIVED_FILE-WINDOWS 10 12 XLZ-BASE-CYGWIN-ARCHIVED-FILE-LINUX 2 21 ZLX-GOLD-FILES-JAPANFILERS1-LINUX 20 27 ZLX-GOLD-FILES-JAPANFILERS2-LINUX13 29... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash formatting data into columns

Hi guys, I'm trying to create a table of aggregated data using just bash commands. My data is in three columns, for example: 2014-01-01 testA 64 2014-01-01 testB 27 2014-02-01 testA 31 2014-02-02 testB 29 2014-02-02 testC 12 And the result I am looking for is: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mccmjc
4 Replies
funmerge(1)							SAORD Documentation						       funmerge(1)

NAME
funmerge - merge one or more Funtools table files SYNOPSIS
funmerge [-w|-x] -f [colname] <iname1> <iname2> ... <oname> OPTIONS
-f # output a column specifying file from which this event came -w # adjust position values using WCS info -x # adjust position values using WCS info and save old values DESCRIPTION
funmerge merges FITS data from one or more FITS Binary Table files or raw event files. The first argument to the program specifies the first input FITS table or raw event file. If "stdin" is specified, data are read from the standard input. Use Funtools Bracket Notation to specify FITS extensions and row filters. Subsequent arguments specify additional event files and tables to merge. (NB: Stdin cannot not be used for any of these additional input file arguments.) The last argument is the out- put FITS file. The columns in each input table must be identical. If an input file begins with the '@' character, it is processed as an include file, i.e., as a text file containing event file names (as well as blank lines and/or comment lines starting with the '#' sign). If standard input is specified as an include file ('@stdin'), then file names are read from the standard input until EOF (^D). Event files and include files can be mixed on a command line. Rows from each table are written sequentially to the output file. If the switch -f [colname] is specified on the command line, an addi- tional column is added to each row containing the number of the file from which that row was taken (starting from one). In this case, the corresponding file names are stored in the header parameters having the prefix FUNFIL, i.e., FUNFIL01, FUNFIL02, etc. Using the -w switch (or -x switch as described below), funmerge also can adjust the position column values using the WCS information in each file. (By position columns, we mean the columns that the table is binned on, i.e., those columns defined by the bincols= switch, or (X,Y) by default.) To perform WCS alignment, the WCS of the first file is taken as the base WCS. Each position in subsequent files is adjusted by first converting it to the sky coordinate in its own WCS coordinate system, then by converting this sky position to the sky position of the base WCS, and finally converting back to a pixel position in the base system. Note that in order to perform WCS alignment, the appropriate WCS and TLMIN/TLMAX keywords must already exist in each FITS file. When performing WCS alignment, you can save the original positions in the output file by using the -x (for "xtra") switch instead of the -w switch (i.e., using this switch also implies using -w) The old positions are saved in columns having the same name as the original positional columns, with the added prefix "OLD_". Examples: Merge two tables, and preserve the originating file number for each row in the column called "FILE" (along with the corresponding file name in the header): [sh] funmerge -f "FILE" test.ev test2.ev merge.ev Merge two tables with WCS alignment, saving the old position values in 2 additional columns: [sh] funmerge -x test.ev test2.ev merge.ev This program only works on raw event files and binary tables. We have not yet implemented image and array merging. SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 funmerge(1)