Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Egrep on Solaris
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Egrep on Solaris Post 302892734 by aydj on Friday 14th of March 2014 10:38:32 AM
Old 03-14-2014
yes, but not getting output

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to find egrep version on Solaris 10

Hi, How can I find the egrep version installed on Solaris 10 as I don't see any egrep --version option.Also wanted to know which version would support option of -A (eg. egrep -A NUM PATTERN FILE ) Print NUM lines of trailing context after matching lines. Thanks & Regards, Kiran. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranherekar
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep cheat sheet anywhere? Looking for meaning of egrep -c

Hi I've been searching google and have not found what egrep -c means. Does anyone know where I can get a cheat sheet or what that -c means? thanks, Linda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leelm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep

Hi, I don't understand what is the correct way of writing: egrep -l '{$min,$max} $pattern' $filename I tryed to search on google how to wtrite {$min, $max}, but I don't have success (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep help

Hi there, Im having some issues using egrep, I have a text file containing server logs: the user imputs 2 arguments, which are error checked and made into $searchMonth $searchYear respectivley. I then do the grep command: egrep /$searchMonth/ $file | egrep /$searchYear: | wc -l ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Darklight
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep

what does "egrep """ do ?? Can anyone explain this with an example .. please .. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

egrep

HI, I want to grep the contents of fileb from filea. filbeb 5x4xxx371x31a43 4x40x037103a049 3x4x003710a0659 4x4x0x371a50912 filbea 5x4xxx371x31a43 3266000225 4x4003266000277 3266000277 4x400326x000499 3266000499 4x4003266000676 3266000676 4x4x0x371a50912 3266000777... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krao
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls and egrep together

Hello, Why is this not returning files containing the string in the var $files? files=`ls /dir1/dir_level2/dir_level3 | egrep "catch \["` files=`ls /dir1/dir_level2/dir_level3` this by itself returns a list of files which I thought could be sent through grep or egrep to look for matches. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search ")" with egrep - egrep: syntax error

Hi Guys, we have a shell script which basically query the Database which retrieves huge data and use the data with "egrep" . Now there is some data which contains characters like "abc)" and the same is used like below : "egrep (.+\|GDPRAB16\|GDPR/11702 96 abc)\|$ temp.txt" now while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarjani
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep

Hi, I am wondering if it's possible to link multiple patterns with egrep. Here here is what I am doing : grep -v ";;" | grep -v ARC_TIME | grep -v \* | grep -v STAS0 Can I do all of this by invoking egrep just once ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using egrep.

I have a text file which has the content starting with "....." Not able to filter out lines staring with "....." Is there anything wrong with grep stagement ?? .....processing table 2 of 2 .....migration process started at 2012-10-04 05:00:28 .....estimated # of rows 169,830... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
2 Replies
PCP(9.1)																  PCP(9.1)

NAME
pcp - copy pictures SYNOPSIS
fb/pcp [ -wx0 y0 x1 y1 ] [ -ox y ] [ -ttype ] [ -cchannels ] [ -Cchannels ] [ -mcolormap ] [ -M ] [ input [ output ] ] DESCRIPTION
Pcp copies the input picture (default standard input) to the output file (default standard output). Options control the attributes and content of the output picture. -w x0 y0 x1 y1 causes only the given window of the input picture to be copied. By default the whole picture is copied. -o x y causes the output picture's WINDOW= attribute to be translated by adding (x,y) to the input window coordinates. -t type sets the TYPE= attribute of the output file. The default is to use the input file's type. -c channels causes only the given channels of the input picture to be copied. The default is to copy all channels. If channels not present in the input picture are specified, they are computed in the ``most plausible'' way. For example, a missing alpha channel is set to 255, and an m channel will be synthesized from rgb channels by computing NTSC luminance. A 0 in channels causes a zero channel to be written. -C channels sets the output CHAN= attribute. Channels must be the same length as the selected channels of the input picture. -m colormap attaches the given color map to the output. -M elides the color map from the output. SOURCE
/sys/src/fb/pcp.c SEE ALSO
picfile(9.6), cmap(9.6) PCP(9.1)