Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Putting together substrings if pattern is matched Post 302892653 by verse123 on Friday 14th of March 2014 02:24:27 AM
Old 03-14-2014
Your solution is actually what I was looking for, expect that for single occurring %ID's are as long as the input. So something like this would be the same in the output as in the input.

Quote:
%TESGO
dfkjsdfgogogocatcatdogtwelvetwentygogogo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count of matched pattern occurance

In a file a pattern is occured many times randomly. Even it may appear more then once in the same line too. How i can get the number of times that pattern appeared in the file? let the file name is abc.txt and the pattern is "xyz". I used the following code: grep -ic "xyz" abc.txt but it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palash2k
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a word after a matched pattern

Hello, Actually i want to replace the word after a matched pattern. For Ex: lets say that i am reading a file line by line while read line do echo $line # i need to search whether a pattern exists in the file and replace the word after if the pattern exist. # for example :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print last matched pattern using perl

Hi, If there exist multiple pattern in a file, how can I find the last record matching the pattern through perl. The below script searches for the pattern everywhere in an input file. #! /usr/bin/perl -s -wnl BEGIN { $pattern or warn"Usage: $0 -pattern='RE' \n" and exit 255;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep word between matched pattern

would like to print word between matched patterns using sed for example : create INDEX SCOTT.OR_PK ON table_name(....) would like to print between SCOTT. and ON which is OR_PK Please help me out Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only matched pattern in perl

Hi, I have script like below: #!/usr/local/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; while (<DATA>) { ( my ($s_id) = /^\d+\|(\d+?)\|/ ) ; if ( $s_id == 1 ){ s/^(.*\|)*.*ABC\.pi=(+|+)*.*ABC\.id=(\d+|+).*$/$1$2|$3/s; print "$1$2|$3\n"; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert certain field of matched pattern line above pattern

Hello every, I am stuck in a problem. I have file like this. I want to add the fifth field of the match pattern line above the lines starting with "# @D". The delimiter is "|" eg > # @D0.00016870300|0.05501020000|12876|12934|3||Qp||Pleistocene||"3 Qp Pleistocene"|Q # @P... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu3
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matched a pattern from multiple columns

Hi, I need to extract an info in $1 based on a matched pattern in $2,$3,$4, and $5. The sample input file as follows:- ID Pat1 Pat2 Pro1 use1 add41 M M M add87 M M M M add32 ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To print from the first line until pattern is matched

Hi I want to print the line until pattern is matched. I am using below code: sed -n '1,/pattern / p' file It is working fine for me , but its not working for exact match. sed -n '1,/^LAC$/ p' file Input: LACC FEGHRA 0 LACC FACAF 0 LACC DARA 0 LACC TALAC 0 LAC ILACTC 0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhisrajput
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare two files when pattern matched

I have two files say FILE1 and FILE2. FILE1 contains 80,000 filename in sorted order and another file FILE2 contains 6,000 filenames is also in sorted order. I want to compare the filename for each file and copy them in to a folder when filename is matched. File1.txt contain 80,000... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: imranrasheedamu
8 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)