Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Technical questions on bash,mysql and pHp Post 302892649 by John_Peter on Friday 14th of March 2014 01:14:48 AM
Old 03-14-2014
Wrench Technical questions on bash,mysql and pHp

1. bash
-bash escape rules, esp. ',",
-how to use Ctrl+R reverse cmd search with regex?

2. mysql
-how to use grep in mysql

3. php
-why !0 is not evaluated to true? what's its value
-php getopt: what if there is duplicate in cmdline args

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Posting Technical Questions Here May Result in an Automatic Ban

If you don't follow the rules and post technical questions that are not related to forum account and posting issues, you will be banned. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Questions

Hello I have to do a program in Bash, need help because it does not go out for me and go enough time with this!! Five directories(boards of directors) that more occupy, arranged according to size. To measure the size of every directory(board of directors) there must not be included the size of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danihj
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to post technical questions?

Hi Admin, Please let me know How to post technical questions? Thanks, Sunil.K (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilrk07
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Questions

I am writing a Bash script that needs to get part of the current directory path. Let's say the current directory is /cat/dog/bird/mouse/ant. I know that the part that I want is between "bird/" and "/ant". In this case, I would want to set a variable to "mouse". If the current directory were... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickS
4 Replies
GETOPT(3)								 1								 GETOPT(3)

getopt - Gets options from the command line argument list

SYNOPSIS
array getopt (string $options, [array $longopts]) DESCRIPTION
Parses options passed to the script. PARAMETERS
o $options - Each character in this string will be used as option characters and matched against options passed to the script starting with a single hyphen ( -). For example, an option string "x" recognizes an option -x. Only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 are allowed. o $longopts - An array of options. Each element in this array will be used as option strings and matched against options passed to the script starting with two hyphens ( --). For example, an longopts element "opt" recognizes an option --opt. The $options parameter may contain the following elements: oIndividual characters (do not accept values) oCharacters followed by a colon (parameter requires value) oCharacters followed by two colons (optional value) Option values are the first argument after the string. If a value is required, it does not matter whether the value has leading white space or not. See note. Note Optional values do not accept " " (space) as a separator. Note The format for the $options and $longopts is almost the same, the only difference is that $longopts takes an array of options (where each element is the option) whereas $options takes a string (where each character is the option). RETURN VALUES
This function will return an array of option / argument pairs or FALSE on failure. Note The parsing of options will end at the first non-option found, anything that follows is discarded. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Added support for "=" as argument/value separa- | | | tor. | | | | | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Added support for optional values (specified | | | with "::"). | | | | | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Parameter $longopts is available on all systems. | | | | | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is no longer system dependent, and | | | now works on Windows, too. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 getopt(3) example: The basics <?php // Script example.php $options = getopt("f:hp:"); var_dump($options); ?> shell> php example.php -fvalue -h The above example will output: array(2) { ["f"]=> string(5) "value" ["h"]=> bool(false) } Example #2 getopt(3) example: Introducing long options <?php // Script example.php $shortopts = ""; $shortopts .= "f:"; // Required value $shortopts .= "v::"; // Optional value $shortopts .= "abc"; // These options do not accept values $longopts = array( "required:", // Required value "optional::", // Optional value "option", // No value "opt", // No value ); $options = getopt($shortopts, $longopts); var_dump($options); ?> shell> php example.php -f "value for f" -v -a --required value --optional="optional value" --option The above example will output: array(6) { ["f"]=> string(11) "value for f" ["v"]=> bool(false) ["a"]=> bool(false) ["required"]=> string(5) "value" ["optional"]=> string(14) "optional value" ["option"]=> bool(false) } Example #3 getopt(3) example: Passing multiple options as one <?php // Script example.php $options = getopt("abc"); var_dump($options); ?> shell> php example.php -aaac The above example will output: array(2) { ["a"]=> array(3) { [0]=> bool(false) [1]=> bool(false) [2]=> bool(false) } ["c"]=> bool(false) } SEE ALSO
$argv. PHP Documentation Group GETOPT(3)