Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: World writable home dirs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting World writable home dirs Post 302892578 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 13th of March 2014 01:41:56 PM
Old 03-13-2014
I usually set PATH at the top of the script, then forget about it.
This, and a while loop, increases readability IMHO.
Also, you can handle the egrep -v within the awk (that uses ERE like egrep).
Code:
#!/bin/bash
export PATH; PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
< /etc/passwd awk -F: '
($0!~/(root|halt|sync|shutdown)/ && $8 == "PS" && $7 != "/dev/null") { print $6 }
' |
while read dir
do
  dirperm=`ls -ld "$dir" | cut -f1 -d" "`
  if [ `echo $dirperm | cut -c6 ` != "-" ]; then
    echo "Group Write permission set on directory $dir"
  fi
  if [ `echo $dirperm | cut -c8 ` != "-" ]; then
    echo "Other Read permission set on directory $dir"
  fi
  if [ `echo $dirperm | cut -c9 ` != "-" ]; then
    echo "Other Write permission set on directory $dir"
  fi
  if [ `echo $dirperm | cut -c10 ` != "-" ]; then
    echo "Other Execute permission set on directory $dir"
  fi
done

awk has the further advantage that you can limit the search to a certain field, e.g.
Code:
$1!~/(root|halt|sync|shutdown)/

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to find world writable files? (AIX)

Hi Group, Could someone tell me how to find world writable files on my server? I can use find command in conjuction with -perm option and I will get an output. But what I need is an output which looks similar to ls -l output. Meaning, it should give me the full path of the file along with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matifr
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

writable protected file

Greetings I am trying to create a solution that will log information into a file. That is the easy part. What I am trying to do is have a front end script that ill ask a user what their reasoning is for logging in and log that reason into a file. The hard part I am finding is that I need that... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smoker
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to verify all user home directories are writable only by their owner

Hi, I'm currently working on my school assignment on how to verify that all user home directories are writable only by their owner on Solaris with VMware. But I'm not sure why my codes take a very long time to display the results. My friend says it's the `su - $i -c "ls -ld" 2> /dev/null | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NuuBe
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to verify all user home directories are writable only by their owner

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Need to verify that all user home directories are writable only by their owner on Solaris. The script posted below is workable but it is taking a long time to display the results, and I don't seem to be able to fix it or find any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NuuBe
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find root owned world writable files?

Being a system administrator i came across a statement as " Excluding temporary directories /tmp and /var/tmp, no root owned files should be in world writable directories" While the above statement may look straight forward but how would i check if there are any such directories in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
7 Replies

6. Solaris

/dev/null not writable

Hi, after a server (solaris 10) got rebooted, Im faced with the problem that in one of my zones (whole zone) /dev/null is only writeable for root crw-r--r-- 1 root sys 13, 2 Jul 8 10:16 /dev/null Unfortunatly chmod didnt help at this point and since its a productive system I dont... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bin-doph
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

**HELP** how to do a listing of dirs and all sub dirs only

I am trying to get a listing of ALL directories only under /export (as an example). I can get all the dirs directly under /export but I need any sub dirs under those dirs. I've looked (here and google) but can not find anything that works (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbraml
4 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
Gtk2::SourceView2::PrintCompositor(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   Gtk2::SourceView2::PrintCompositor(3pm)

NAME
Gtk2::SourceView2::PrintCompositor HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gtk2::SourceView2::PrintCompositor METHODS
printcompositor = Gtk2::SourceView2::PrintCompositor->new ($buffer) o $buffer (Gtk2::SourceView2::Buffer) printcompositor = Gtk2::SourceView2::PrintCompositor->new_from_view ($view) o $view (Gtk2::SourceView2::View) string = $compositor->get_body_font_name $compositor->set_body_font_name ($font_name) o $font_name (string) double = $compositor->get_bottom_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $compositor->set_bottom_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) buffer = $compositor->get_buffer $compositor->draw_page ($context, $page_nr) o $context (Gtk2::PrintContext) o $page_nr (integer) string = $compositor->get_footer_font_name $compositor->set_footer_font_name ($font_name) o $font_name (string or undef) $compositor->set_footer_format ($separator, $left, $center, $right) o $separator (boolean) o $left (string or undef) o $center (string or undef) o $right (string or undef) string = $compositor->get_header_font_name $compositor->set_header_font_name ($font_name) o $font_name (string or undef) $compositor->set_header_format ($separator, $left, $center, $right) o $separator (boolean) o $left (string or undef) o $center (string or undef) o $right (string or undef) boolean = $compositor->get_highlight_syntax $compositor->set_highlight_syntax ($highlight) o $highlight (boolean) double = $compositor->get_left_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $compositor->set_left_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) string = $compositor->get_line_numbers_font_name $compositor->set_line_numbers_font_name ($font_name) o $font_name (string or undef) integer = $compositor->get_n_pages boolean = $compositor->paginate ($context) o $context (Gtk2::PrintContext) double = $compositor->get_pagination_progress boolean = $compositor->get_print_footer $compositor->set_print_footer ($print) o $print (boolean) boolean = $compositor->get_print_header $compositor->set_print_header ($print) o $print (boolean) integer = $compositor->get_print_line_numbers $compositor->set_print_line_numbers ($interval) o $interval (integer) double = $compositor->get_right_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $compositor->set_right_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) integer = $compositor->get_tab_width $compositor->set_tab_width ($width) o $width (integer) double = $compositor->get_top_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $compositor->set_top_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) wrapmode = $compositor->get_wrap_mode $compositor->set_wrap_mode ($wrap_mode) o $wrap_mode (Gtk2::WrapMode) PROPERTIES
'body-font-name' (string : default undef : readable / writable) Name of the font to use for the text body (e.g. "Monospace 10") 'buffer' (Gtk2::SourceView2::Buffer : default undef : readable / writable / construct-only) The GtkSourceBuffer object to print 'footer-font-name' (string : default undef : readable / writable) Name of the font to use for the page footer (e.g. "Monospace 10") 'header-font-name' (string : default undef : readable / writable) Name of the font to use for the page header (e.g. "Monospace 10") 'highlight-syntax' (boolean : default true : readable / writable) Whether to print the document with highlighted syntax 'line-numbers-font-name' (string : default undef : readable / writable) Name of the font to use for the line numbers (e.g. "Monospace 10") 'n-pages' (integer : default -1 : readable) The number of pages in the document (-1 means the document has not been completely paginated). 'print-footer' (boolean : default false : readable / writable) Whether to print a footer in each page 'print-header' (boolean : default false : readable / writable) Whether to print a header in each page 'print-line-numbers' (Glib::UInt : default 1 : readable / writable) Interval of printed line numbers (0 means no numbers) 'tab-width' (Glib::UInt : default 8 : readable / writable) Width of a tab character expressed in spaces 'wrap-mode' (Gtk2::WrapMode : default "none" : readable / writable) Whether to wrap lines never, at word boundaries, or at character boundaries. ENUMS AND FLAGS
enum Gtk2::Unit o 'pixel' / 'GTK_UNIT_PIXEL' o 'points' / 'GTK_UNIT_POINTS' o 'inch' / 'GTK_UNIT_INCH' o 'mm' / 'GTK_UNIT_MM' enum Gtk2::WrapMode o 'none' / 'GTK_WRAP_NONE' o 'char' / 'GTK_WRAP_CHAR' o 'word' / 'GTK_WRAP_WORD' o 'word-char' / 'GTK_WRAP_WORD_CHAR' SEE ALSO
Gtk2::SourceView2, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 by Emmanuel Rodriguez perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 Gtk2::SourceView2::PrintCompositor(3pm)