Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert epoch time stamp into human readable format Post 302892422 by linuxpenguin on Wednesday 12th of March 2014 02:54:20 PM
Old 03-12-2014
do you see errors, or the output file is not what you want?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert epoch time to readible format?

Hi, I would like to convert epoch time from the logs to readible fromat. How do I do it within shell? Thanks! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to convert epoch into human-readable

This is what I have to start out with more file 1208217600 1208131200 1193806800 I want to convert the epoch column into a human-readable format. My file has hundreds of these epoch times that I want to loop through and convert. (The epoch time is really the last column of the line) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoman1
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch time format to normal date time format in the same file

I have a file named "suspected" with series of line like these : {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent KRPC', 'server': '219.78.120.166', 'client_port': 52044, 'client': '10.64.68.44', 'server_port': 8291, 'time': 1226506312L, 'serverhostname': ''} {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make user's qutoa in human readable format?

$ quota Disk quotas for user cqlouis (uid 1254): Filesystem blocks quota limit grace files quota limit grace /dev/sdb1 64 300000 320000 8 0 0 $ I want to make the output of command quota in human readable format? How to? As we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert epoch to human readable date & time format

Hello I have log file from solaris system which has date field converted by Java application using System.currentTimeMillis() function, example is 1280943608380 which equivalent to GMT: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 17:40:08 GMT. Now I need a function in shell script which will convert 1280943608380... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yaminib
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get time duration between two human readable time stamp in Unix?

Here is two time I have: Jul 12 16:02:01 Jul 13 01:02:01 and how can I do a simple match to get difference between two time which is 09:00:00 Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ford99
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk or nawk to convert epoch time to date format

Looking for some help and usually when I do a search this site comes up. Hopefully someone can give me a little direction as to how to use one of these two commands to achieve what I'm trying to do. What am I trying to do? I need to take the time value in epoch format returned from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: minigts
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Directories with their sizes in human readable format

Hi, I want to list all the directories present in a particular location and want to display their sizes as well. I know "ls -lh" but it doesn't show the size of the complete directory. So i want something like dir1 266 MB dir2 2 KB dir3 22 MB ... ... file1 10 Kb ..... Thanks Sarbjit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple records need to convert UNIXtime to human readable datatime and all output in one format

Hello Experts, Below is the record i have: sample data attached I want this record of each row to be in single line and there are multiple rowise unixtime mentioned e.g 11996327 , This needs to be converted to Human readdable data and time from multiple rows Can you help me , it will be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishK
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a random epoch time into a readable format

I am trying to create a script that will take epoch (input from command line) and convert it into a readable format in bash/shell ---------- Post updated at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:59 PM ---------- #!bin/bash read -p "Please enter a number to represent epoch time:"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprocket
9 Replies
explain_putchar_or_die(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 explain_putchar_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_putchar_or_die - output of characters and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/putchar.h> void explain_putchar_or_die(int c); DESCRIPTION
The explain_putchar_or_die function is used to call the putchar(3) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from explain_putchar(3), and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). This function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: explain_putchar_or_die(c); c The c, exactly as to be passed to the putchar(3) system call. Returns: This function only returns on success. On failure, prints an explanation and exits. SEE ALSO
putchar(3) output of characters explain_putchar(3) explain putchar(3) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Miller explain_putchar_or_die(3)