Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print multiple specific column after a specific word? Post 302892316 by marvinandco on Wednesday 12th of March 2014 08:14:13 AM
Old 03-12-2014
Thanks.... its help to me... ! Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a specific word in specific column?

Hi My orginal file is like (100s of lines) id host ip location remarks 1 host1 ip1 - xxx 2 host2 ip2 - xxx 3 host3 ip3 - xxx -- -- 9 host9 ip9 - xxx I have a ref file like host1 location1 host2 location2 host3 location3 -- --... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ./hari.sh
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about sort specific column and print other column at the same time !

Hi, This is my input file: ali 5 usa abc abu 4 uk bca alan 6 brazil bac pinky 10 utah sdc My desired output: pinky 10 utah sdc alan 6 brazil bac ali 5 usa abc abu 4 uk bca Based on the column two, I want to do the descending order and print out other related column at the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a word specific number of times

Hi All, I wanted to know if there is a shell command to print a word n number of times The Input File is : Cat 4 Bat 3 Zall 1 Kite 2 Output File required is : Cat Cat Cat Cat Bat Bat Bat Zall Kite (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search-word-print-specific-string

Hi, Our input xml looks like: <doc> <str name="account_id">1111</str> <str name="prd_id">DHEP155EK</str> </doc> - <doc> <str name="account_id">6666</str> <str name="prd_id">394531662</str> </doc> - <doc> <str name="account_id">6666</str> <str... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jassz
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print line starts with specific word and contains specific word using sed?

Hi, I have gone through may posts and dint find exact solution for my requirement. I have file which consists below data and same file have lot of other data. <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='YES' NAME='m_TASK_UPDATE' OBJECTVERSION ='1'> <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='NO'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print the specific word in a file.

Hi , My input file is below like that :- $cat abc.txt Service name: test_taf Service is enabled Server pool: test_tac Cardinality: 2 Disconnect: false Service role: PRIMARY Management policy: AUTOMATIC DTP transaction: false AQ HA notifications: true Failover type: SESSION... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sp001
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace column data with specific word

Input file: Populus_trichocarpa 30 0 50 0 0 US Vitis_vinifera 1 18 2 8 6 US Populus_trichocarpa 1 5 100 0 0 US Arabidopsis_lyrata_subsp._lyrata 0 90 0 0 0 US Glycine_max 0 2 3 0 70 UK Desired output file: Populus_trichocarpa YES NO YES NO NO US Vitis_vinifera YES YES YES YES YES US... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwrite specific column in xml file with the specific column from adjacent line

I have an xml file dumped from rrd file, that I want to "patch" so the xml file doesn't contain any blank hole in the resulting graph of the rrd file. Here is the file. <!-- 2015-10-12 14:00:00 WIB / 1444633200 --> <row><v> 4.0419731265e+07 </v><v> 4.5045912770e+06... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
2 Replies
canadian-english-large(5)					   Users' Manual					 canadian-english-large(5)

NAME
canadian-english-large - a list of English words DESCRIPTION
/usr/share/dict/canadian-english-large is an ASCII file which contains an alphabetic list of words, one per line. FILES
There may be any number of word lists in /usr/share/dict/. /etc/dictionaries-common/words is a symbolic link to the currently-chosen /usr/share/dict/<language> file. /usr/share/dict/words is a symbolic link to /etc/dictionaries-common/words, and is the name by which other software should refer to the system word list. See select-default-wordlist(8) for more information, and/or to change the currently- chosen word list. The directory /usr/share/dict can contain word lists for many languages, with name of the language in English, e.g., /usr/share/dict/french and /usr/share/dict/danish contain respectively lists of French and Danish words if they exist. Such lists should be coded using the ISO 8859-1 character set encoding. SEE ALSO
ispell(1), select-default-wordlist(8), and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. HISTORY
The words lists are not specific, and may be generated from any number of sources. The system word list used to be /usr/dict/words. For compatibility, software should check that location if /usr/share/dict/words does not exist. AUTHOR
Word lists are collected and maintained by various authors. The Debian English word lists are built from the SCOWL (Spell- Checker Ori- ented Word Lists) package, whose upstream editor is Kevin Atkinson <kevina@users.sourceforge.net>. Debian 16 June 2003 canadian-english-large(5)