Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX What in the world is openssh\.msg\.en_US? Post 302892194 by in2nix4life on Tuesday 11th of March 2014 11:28:47 AM
Old 03-11-2014
I did some digging on one of our AIX boxes and some Googling:

Using the -f switch on that fileset shows that it installs the following file:

Code:
lslpp -f openssh.msg.en_US
  Fileset               File
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Path: /usr/lib/objrepos
  openssh.msg.en_US 5.0.0.5300
                        /usr/lib/nls/msg/en_US/openssh.cat

Looking through the file it seems to contain various messages (errors, usage, etc.) relating to SSH.

Some Googling turned up this information:

Code:
In the October 2002 release, the message catalog file openssh.cat has been 
translated into 35 languages. The message catalog files are packaged in installp 
format with a name like openssh.msg.

So it seems to be used by the NLS (National Language Support) feature of SSH.

Hope this helps.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

en_us.utf-8

please someone provide me the link for downloading en_us.utf-8 .....i have an issue with locale for which i need this :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhendu.pyne
1 Replies

2. Solaris

en_US.ISO8859-1 Table

Hy together, I doesn't find a table of en_US.IS08859-1. Have someone a link or same else? Thanks Urs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MuellerUrs
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing en_US.UTF-8 on Solaris 10. Newbie.

Hi, I am looking to install en_US.UTF-8 on to a solaris 10 Sparc server. Is it possible to install this character set from the iso image? I have an iso image only (sol_10_u.iso) on CD. I have used the command below but with no success. Any pointers to get this installed would be greatly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Ajouter la langue en_US sur Solaris 10

Bonjour, J'ai une station Sun en Solaris 10 installe par defaut en Francais. Je n'ai pas les Cds de cette installation d'OS. J'ai un logiciel qui doit utiliser la langue en_US. A la baniere de connection la langue choisi est C (pas de en_USxxxx disponible) J'ouvre une console $LANG vaut C,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XRay
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Add language en_US Solaris 10

Hello, I have a Sun Solaris 10 installs by default in French. I do not have CDs of the OS installation. I have a program use the language en_US. At connection language chosen is C (en_USxxxx not available) I open a console $ LANG C if LANG = en_US I get "could not set correctly local" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XRay
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

xmlstarlet parse non en_US characters

I'm parsing around 600K xml files, with roughly 1500 lines of text in each, some of the lines include Chinese, Russian, whatever language, with a bash script that uses cat $i | xmlstarlet sel -t -m "//section1/section2/section3/section4/section5" -v "@VALUE" -n > somefile which works, but I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
15 Replies

7. Solaris

setting locale en_US.UTF-8

hi, I am using SOLARIS sparc 64 bit, during installation of Oracle i receive an error required OS locale en_US.UTF-8 does not exist on the installation computer. To avoid this issue, please ensure that the locale en_US.UTF-8 exists on the installation computer prior to installing Oracle. when... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
4 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
strextract(1)						      General Commands Manual						     strextract(1)

NAME
strextract - batch string extraction SYNOPSIS
strextract [-p patternfile] [-i ignorefile] [-d] [source-program...] OPTIONS
Ignore text strings specified in ignorefile. By default, the strextract command searches for ignorefile in the current working directory, your home directory, and /usr/lib/nls. If you omit the -i option, strextract recognizes all strings specified in the patterns file. Use patternfile to match strings in the input source program. By default, the command searches for the pattern file in the current working directory, your home direc- tory, and finally /usr/lib/nls. If you omit the -p option, the strextract command uses a default patterns file that is stored in /usr/lib/nls/patterns. Disables warnings of duplicate strings. If you omit the -d option, strextract prints warnings of duplicate strings in your source program. DESCRIPTION
The strextract command extracts text strings from source programs. This command also writes the string it extracts to a message text file. The message text file contains the text for each message extracted from your input source program. The strextract command names the file by appending to the name of the input source program. In the source-program argument, you name one or more source programs from which you want messages extracted. The strextract command does not extract messages from source programs included using the #include directive. Therefore, you might want a source program and all the source programs it includes on a single strextract command line. You can create a patterns file (as specified by patternfile ) to control how the strextract command extracts text. The patterns file is divided into several sections, each of which is identified by a keyword. The keyword must start at the beginning of a new line, and its first character must be a dollar sign ($). Following the identifier, you specify a number of patterns. Each pattern begins on a new line and follows the regular expression syntax you use in the regexp(3) routine. For more information on the patterns file, see the patterns(4) reference page. In addition to the patterns file, you can create a file that indicates strings that extract ignores. Each line in this ignore file con- tains a single string to be ignored that follows the syntax of the regexp(3) routine. When you invoke the strextract command, it reads the patterns file and the file that contains strings it ignores. You can specify a pat- terns file and an ignore file on the strextract command line. Otherwise, the strextract command matches all strings and uses the default patterns file. If strextract finds strings which match the ERROR directive in the pattern file, it reports the strings to standard error (stderr.) but does not write the string to the message file. After running strextract, you can edit the message text file to remove text strings which do not need translating before running strmerge. It is recommended that you use extract command as a visual front end to the strextract command rather than running strextract directly. RESTRICTIONS
Given the default pattern file, you cannot cause strextract to ignore strings in comments that are longer than one line. You can specify only one rewrite string for all classes of pattern matches. The strextract command does not extract strings from files include with #include directive. You must run the strextract commands on these files separately. % strextract -p c_patterns prog.c prog2.c % vi prog.str % strmerge -p c_patterns prog.c prog2.c % gencat prog.cat prog.msg prog2.msg % vi nl_prog.c % vi nl_prog2.c % cc nl_prog.c nl_prog2.c In this example, the strextract command uses the c_patterns file to determine which strings to match. The input source programs are named prog.c and prog2.c. If you need to remove any of the messages or extract one of the created strings, edit the resulting message file, prog.str. Under no condi- tions should you add to this file. Doing so could result in unpredictable behavior. You issue the strmerge command to replace the extracted strings with calls to the message catalog. In response to this command, strmerge, creates the source message catalogs, prog.msg and prog2.msg, and the output source programs, nl_prog.c and nl_prog2.c. You must edit nl_prog.c and nl_prog2.c to include the appropriate catopen and catclose function calls. The gencat command creates a message catalog and the cc command creates an executable program. SEE ALSO
gencat(1), extract(1), strmerge(1), regexp(3), catopen(3), patterns(4) Writing Software for the International Market strextract(1)