Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Search and add the column in the file Post 302892182 by bakunin on Tuesday 11th of March 2014 10:34:34 AM
Old 03-11-2014
What have you tried so far and what was the problem?

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search max value in a column in a file instead of sort

Hi Everyone, 1.txt 00:00:00 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:01 0 0 0 2 1 33 2 00:00:02 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:03 0 4 0 0 0 0 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search name and display column from a file

Hi I have search everywhere for this but I haven't got any result. so here is my question? I am trying to ask user to enter a name and then searching that name from a file and from a specific column. If user enter something, it should only displaying that name from that specific column and If the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sillyha
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search Pattern and add column

Hi, I have two files. file1 contents: aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg ddd www eee ggg dde qqq zzz hhh ddd file2 contents: mmm mmm mmm mmm Now I want to add file2 contents to end of lines in file1 where a line contains pattern "ddd" and it should look like this: file3 contents: aaa... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harjitsingh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a file column wise and delete it

i have a file which has a column that is unique i am intending to serach it and if it is there to remove the row. the file looks like ROLLNO,NAME ,SUB1,SUB2,SUB3,TOTAL,PERCENTAGE,RESULT 15 ,rig ,34 ,56 ,87 ,177 ,59 % ,PASS 23 ,wel ,45 ,76 ,56 ,177 ,59 % ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a file column wise and delete it

Scottn, m really sorry but i have not got my answer yet. my concern is how to delete the row !!! i have a file which has a column that is unique i am intending to serach it and if it is there to remove the row. the file looks like ROLLNO,NAME ,SUB1,SUB2,SUB3,TOTAL,PERCENTAGE,RESULT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for a word in a particular column of a file

How to search for a word like "computer" in a column (eg: 4th field) of a '***' delimited file and add a column at the end of the record which denotes 'Y' if present and 'N' if not. After this, we need to again check for words like 'Dell' but not 'DellXPS' in 5th field and again add another column... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jassz
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File 1 Column 1 value search in File 2 records, then loop?

Summary: I planned on using Awk to grab a value from File 1 and search all records/fields in file 2. If there is a match in File 2, print the first column value of the record of the match of File2. Continue this search until the end of file 2. Once at the end of file 2, grab the next value in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Incog
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search substring in a column of file

Hi all, I have 2 files, the first one containing a list of ids and the second one is a master file. I want to search each id from the first file from the 5th col in the second file. The 5th column in master file has values separated by ';', if not a single value is present. Each id must occur... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and replace string from nth column from a file?

I wanted to search for a string and replace it with other string from nth column of a file which is comma seperated which I am able to do with below # For Comma seperated file without quotes awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS=","}$"'"$ColumnNo"'"=="'"$PPK"'"{$"'"$ColumnNo"'"="'"$NPK"'"}{print}' ${FileName} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Joshi
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search spaces in 5th column in large file

i have a file having 5 columns with more than million records. And i want to search using UNIX command to find if there are any spaces in 5th column. any please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.p
1 Replies
DFG2TPTP(1)							       SPASS							       DFG2TPTP(1)

NAME
dfg2tptp - transforms DFG files into TPTP files SYNOPSIS
dfg2tptp <input-file> <output-file> DESCRIPTION
dfg2tptp is a program which converts a problem input file in DFG format into a problem input file in TPTP format. The TPTP problem format is used by the TPTP library of test problems for automated theorem proving, available at http://www.math.miami.edu/~tptp/. Various tools exist to convert problems in TPTP format into input files for other theorem provers. SEE ALSO
checkstat(1), filestat(1), pcs(1), pgen(1), rescmp(1), tpform(1), tpget(1), deprose(1), dfg2otter(1), SPASS(1) AUTHORS
Thomas Hillenbrand, Dalibor Topic and Christoph Weidenbach Contact : spass@mpi-inf.mpg.de perl v5.10.0 2010-02-23 DFG2TPTP(1)