Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find Commands Run on Specific Date Post 302892076 by mrm5102 on Monday 10th of March 2014 06:03:44 PM
Old 03-10-2014
Find Commands Run on Specific Date

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find out what commands were run on a specific date.

I'm looking to see if I can find certain commands that were run on 3/4, today is 3/10...?

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

---------- Post updated at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:02 PM ----------

Sorry!!!

Sorry guys, I'm just realizing the history command has dates with the commands in there... Duhhhh!!!

-Matt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

find files with specific date and time

Hi, I wanna to find files with specific date and time. I know this command: ls -ltr /system1/*.505 | grep 'Jan 18 09:00'. I want the 'Jan 18 09:00' not hard coded, I want it coming from the system date and time. And I want the time varies from 09:00-09:05. Is this possible without heavy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find pid of process run in specific location

Hello, I have a process a.out that runs from /a and /b How can I get the pid of the one running from /a ps -C /a/a.out does not work Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk statement to find events from a specific date

I have a script which archives log file events which are 90-days old. Script works fine but I wanted some input on one aspect of this script. My nawk statement, bolded below, that removes events 90-days prior from today, I need it to find anything 90-days or older. The log file date pattern looks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script that will run for a specific date

Hi, I have these changes needed to modify a shell script that will run on a specific date of a month, below pseudocode, appreciate any answers..thanks.. if date of the month is 26th then ..event 1 fi if date of the month is 26th and month are MAR,JUN,SEP,DEC then ..event2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonja
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple piped commands in a find -exec statement?

I can't get this to work. Running a single command works fine: find . -name "*.dat" -exec wc -l '{}' \; gives me the file name and number of lines in each .dat file in the directory. But what if I want to pipe commands, e.g. to grep something and get the number of lines with that pattern... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and print specific date with awk

hi all I would like to help me find the problem with this script to find and print to the screen a specific date of a log file that I have on my server, the date it is received as the first argument in the script $ 1 Here I show you a few lines that made ​​the idea of ​​my log file: ****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilmore666
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files with specific date

Dear all, kindly i have some files with different dates i need to grep word from these files but i need to search in files with date 2012-12-02 not all files in this directory do u have any command (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands at a specific time.

Hello All, I have written a script which which is working fine to a certain logic of it. But i want a part of the script to run two commands at 00:10 hrs every day. These two command are 1. rm -rf /path/to/folder 2. mail the content of a file. How do i achieve this. Thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files for a specific date

Hi, I am looking to find files of a specific date. I am on Sun Solaris so newermt doesnot work.. I thought of using mtime but not getting how to use it. Please help me with this.. Regards Abhinav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to get list of Linux commands used on specific date through HISTORY command

I want to get list of linux commands used on Jan 01 2014 with the help of HISTORY command or some other linux commands,. Kindly help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick nath
3 Replies
ROOTTAIL(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ROOTTAIL(1)

NAME
root-tail - print text directly to X11 root window SYNOPSIS
root-tail [-g|--geometry GEOMETRY] [-fn|--font FONTSPEC] [--color color] [--reload SEC COMMAND] [--shade] [--outline] [--minspace] [--noflicker] [-f|--fork] [--reverse] [--whole] [--partial] [--update] [--cont STRING] [--wordwrap] [--justify] [--noinitial] [--frame] [-id ID] [-i|--interval SECONDS] [-V] file1[,color[,desc]] [file2[,color[,desc]]] DESCRIPTION
Displays a given file anywhere on your X11 root window, i.e. it is kind of tail -f for multiple files using your desktop background as out- put window. All non-option arguments on the command line are files to be logged. A null desc (example: "/var/log/messages,red,") will prevent the printing of a description and the []'s. General Options --color COLOR Use COLOR as default. --font | -fn FONTSPEC Use font FONTSPEC. This can be either a fixed width font like -fn fixed or any font using -fn '-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*' with the appropriate fields filled out (see xfontsel). Specifying a different FONTSPEC before each filename will cause each file to be displayed in a different font. -f | --fork Forks to the background. --reverse Display the files in reverse order, with the newest lines at the top. --whole Only display whole lines. If the last line of a file doesn't yet end with a newline character then wait until it does before dis- playing it. This is the default if more than one file is being displayed. --partial This is the opposite of the --whole option (see above). It displays lines even if they don't yet have a newline at the end. This is the default if only one file is being displayed. --update Update partial lines 'in place' if they are still on the screen when they are updated in their files. Using --update automatically turns on --partial. --cont STRING When partial lines are broken into two lines in the display, prefix the 2nd line with STRING. Defaults to "|| ". Specify the "--whole" argument to ensure partial lines are never displayed, or specify "--update" to attempt to "repair" broken lines in-place. --cont-color COLOR Use COLOR when displaying the continuation string (as optionally specified with the --cont option above). --wordwrap The default behaviour is to fit as much as possible onto each line of output, even if this means splitting a word between one line and the next. The --wordwrap argument splits lines at spaces if possible. --justify After wrapping long lines, attempt to justify the text to produce a smooth right-hand margin. Implies --wordwrap. --reload SEC COMMAND Re-display the file(s) and run COMMAND every SEC seconds. The default is to never re-display the file(s). --shade Add black shading to the font. --outline Add a black outline to the font (making redraws quite a bit slower). --minspace Use minimum linespace even when using shading or outlining. This might result in leftover pixels (dependign on font and logfile con- tent). --noflicker Use slower but flicker-free update. --noinitial Don't display the end of the file(s) initially. -id ID Use the given window ID for output instead of the root window. -i | --interval SECONDS Use the specified sleeping interval between checks instead of the default 2.4 seconds. Fractional values are OK. -V Print version information. --frame Draw a frame around the selected area. This is useful when trying to find the perfect geometry. EXAMPLE
root-tail -g 800x250+100+50 -font 10x20 /var/log/messages,green -font 12x24 /var/log/secure,red,'ALERT' BUGS
Some desktop environments open a virtual root window and make it difficult to share it. If you cannot see anything after starting root- tail, try to find a setting "allow programs on desktop" or similar, or manually specify a window id. Should you happen to find any bugs please fix them and send me a diff. NOTE: This program was modified by Marc Lehmann <pcg@goof.com>, who couldn't reach the original author. Please direct bug-reports etc. to pcg@goof.com. http://root-tail.plan9.de/ 4.2 Berkeley Distribution 2004-03-27 ROOTTAIL(1)