Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP Alias
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IP Alias Post 302892036 by rbatte1 on Monday 10th of March 2014 12:16:38 PM
Old 03-10-2014
Thanks for the quick and very full reply. It would be easier to read in CODE tags.

The OS will see the other port as a separate IP device. You can confirm this by looking at the output from lscfg -vl ent0 and lscfg -vl ent1 etc. The device address will be very similar in the Location or the Device Specific references.

Anyway,
. . . . . . if a packet was to be transmitted to/from the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx address, what route would you expect it to take? You only have the route via 192.9.200.4, and the address 10.1.26.17 has a mask of 255.255.255.0 so it will be unable to use this. So, you may need to add another route. Do you have a gateway in the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx range? One in the 10.1.26.xxx range would be best as then you would be matching your netmask for your alias.

Does this help?

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias

Hello, I'm a beginner to Unix and I want to create an alias that lists the given directory in long format; the alias should use a pager to display the result. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guelpth
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

using alias...

hi.. i want to make an alias in unix, for using it to change of directory by example: if i am in /dtmp/inp/aux and i want to go to /sybase/bd, i want to make an alias named "bd", to go directally to /sybase/bd (alias bd="cd /sybase/bd") i create it, but when i turn off the conection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

alias help

i want to use short cut alias command but its not happening can any on help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafique
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias help

Hi I have a problem when i try to set any thing as alias it works say alias sasa="cd /home/hghgg" but when i close the terminal it does not work (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafique
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help me regarding alias

Dear All, I have given alias to run a script which will calculate memory and cpu utilization as "utils" in my bash shell. Even i have given this entry in .profile and .bashrc in my home directory. It is working fine. Now my question is that I want to use this alias in... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
17 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias help

Hello again, what does \!* do int his line alias lookup 'grep -i \!* who.is.who' Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris888
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using alias

I need to login to one server and then switch the user and set a number alias. But i cant modify the .profile file. I have one script avi1.sh $ more avi.sh sudo su - bil sh avi1.sh and in home directory of bil i have avi1.sh that says $ more avi1.sh alias l='ls -ltr' alias b='cd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias help

I can get the nth line of a file using sed -n 'np' file however all I want to type is "line n file" so I am trying to use alias alias line='sed -n \'&\'' but its not working, how can I make this work Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjones
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias help

I am creating subversion pre commit hook on linux to run on client side but its not working and throwing an error - alias svnbi="plutil *.plist|grep -v OK; if ; then svn ci -m $1 ; fi" but when I run - (test is $1 here) svnbi test bash: syntax error near unexpected token `test' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacki
1 Replies
NBTSCAN(1)						      General Commands Manual							NBTSCAN(1)

NAME
nbtscan -- program for scanning networks for NetBIOS name information SYNOPSIS
nbtscan [-v] [-d] [-e] [-l] [-t timeout] [-b bandwidth] [-r] [-q] [-s separator] [-h] [-m retransmits] [-f filename | scan_range] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nbtscan command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. nbtscan is a program for scanning IP networks for NetBIOS name information. It sends NetBIOS status query to each address in supplied range and lists received information in human readable form. For each responded host it lists IP address, NetBIOS computer name, logged-in user name and MAC address (such as Ethernet). OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -v Verbose output. Print all names received from each host. -d Dump packets. Print whole packet contents. Cannot be used with -v, -s or -h options. -e Format output in /etc/hosts format. -l Format output in lmhosts format. Cannot be used with -v, -s or -h options. -t timeout Wait timeout seconds for response. Default 1. -b bandwidth Output throttling. Slow down output so that it uses no more that bandwidth bps. Useful on slow links, so that ougoing queries don't get dropped. -r Use local port 137 for scans. Win95 boxes respond to this only. You need to be root to use this option. -q Suppress banners and error messages. -s separator Script-friendly output. Don't print column and record headers, separate fields with separator. -h Print human-readble names for services. Can only be used with -v option. -m retransmits Number of retransmits. Default 0. -f filename Take IP addresses to scan from file "filename" scan_range What to scan. Can either be single IP like 192.168.1.1 or range of addresses in one of two forms: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xx or xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx-xxx. BUGS
Report bugs to alla@sovlink.ru (that's autor of nbtscan). I cannot promise to do anything but I might well want fix it. Remember: no war- ranty. At least it's worth what you payed for it. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ryszard Lach rla@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others) and is based on nbtscan author's README file. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Docu- mentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. NBTSCAN(1)