Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP Alias
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IP Alias Post 302892036 by rbatte1 on Monday 10th of March 2014 12:16:38 PM
Old 03-10-2014
Thanks for the quick and very full reply. It would be easier to read in CODE tags.

The OS will see the other port as a separate IP device. You can confirm this by looking at the output from lscfg -vl ent0 and lscfg -vl ent1 etc. The device address will be very similar in the Location or the Device Specific references.

Anyway,
. . . . . . if a packet was to be transmitted to/from the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx address, what route would you expect it to take? You only have the route via 192.9.200.4, and the address 10.1.26.17 has a mask of 255.255.255.0 so it will be unable to use this. So, you may need to add another route. Do you have a gateway in the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx range? One in the 10.1.26.xxx range would be best as then you would be matching your netmask for your alias.

Does this help?

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias

Hello, I'm a beginner to Unix and I want to create an alias that lists the given directory in long format; the alias should use a pager to display the result. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guelpth
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

using alias...

hi.. i want to make an alias in unix, for using it to change of directory by example: if i am in /dtmp/inp/aux and i want to go to /sybase/bd, i want to make an alias named "bd", to go directally to /sybase/bd (alias bd="cd /sybase/bd") i create it, but when i turn off the conection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

alias help

i want to use short cut alias command but its not happening can any on help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafique
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias help

Hi I have a problem when i try to set any thing as alias it works say alias sasa="cd /home/hghgg" but when i close the terminal it does not work (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafique
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help me regarding alias

Dear All, I have given alias to run a script which will calculate memory and cpu utilization as "utils" in my bash shell. Even i have given this entry in .profile and .bashrc in my home directory. It is working fine. Now my question is that I want to use this alias in... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
17 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias help

Hello again, what does \!* do int his line alias lookup 'grep -i \!* who.is.who' Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kris888
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using alias

I need to login to one server and then switch the user and set a number alias. But i cant modify the .profile file. I have one script avi1.sh $ more avi.sh sudo su - bil sh avi1.sh and in home directory of bil i have avi1.sh that says $ more avi1.sh alias l='ls -ltr' alias b='cd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alias help

I can get the nth line of a file using sed -n 'np' file however all I want to type is "line n file" so I am trying to use alias alias line='sed -n \'&\'' but its not working, how can I make this work Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjones
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias help

I am creating subversion pre commit hook on linux to run on client side but its not working and throwing an error - alias svnbi="plutil *.plist|grep -v OK; if ; then svn ci -m $1 ; fi" but when I run - (test is $1 here) svnbi test bash: syntax error near unexpected token `test' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacki
1 Replies
DEBUGREISERFS(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  DEBUGREISERFS(8)

NAME
debugreiserfs SYNOPSIS
debugreiserfs [ -dDJmoqpS ] [ -j device ] [ -B blocknumber ] device DESCRIPTION
It helps sometimes to solve problems with reiserfs filesystems. Being called w/o options it prints super block of reiserfs filesystem found on the device. device is the special file corresponding to the device (e.g /dev/hdXX for IDE disk partition or /dev/sdXX for SCSI disk partition). OPTIONS
-j device print contents of journal. Also with the option -p it allows to pack journal into archive with other metadata -J print journal header. -d print formatted nodes of the internal tree of the filesystem -D print formatted nodes of all used blocks of the filesystem -m print contents of bitmap (not very useful) -o print objectid map (not very useful) -1 blocknumber print specified block of the filesystem -p Makes debugreiserfs to find filesystem metadata This option exists to help reiserfsck debugging. If reiserfsck fails - you may extract filesystem metadata with debugreiserfs -p /dev/xxx |gzip -c > xxx.gz. We download that data and make the filesystem similar to your with gunzip -c xxx.gz | unpack /dev/xxx (unpack is included into reiserfsprogs package). This usually allows to reproduce and debug the problem quickly. When data file is not too large. -S When -S is not specified -p deals with blocks marked used in the filesystem bitmap. With this option set they will work with whole device. -q Suppress showing speed of progress when -p is in use AUTHOR
This version of debugreiserfs has been written by Hans Reiser <reiser@idiom.com>. BUGS
There are probably few of them. Please, report bugs to ReiserFS mail-list <reiserfs-list@namesys.com>. SEE ALSO
reiserfsck(8), mkreiserfs(8) Reiserfsprogs 3.6.4 January 2002 DEBUGREISERFS(8)