Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Who are all opening my datasets,? Post 302891983 by subbarao12 on Monday 10th of March 2014 06:59:25 AM
Old 03-10-2014
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
I will highlight it for you...
Any Updates on this?? Thank you....

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening floppy

I have solaris 8 (Intel Version) and I was wondering how I can transfer a bunch of text files (shellscripts) via floppy. I don't have internet connectivity with my Solaris pc so I can't download the files. I have the text files on my windows 2000 pc and copied them to a floppy but when I try to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Please help with opening a port??

Hello all, I need assistance... I need to open a port # 36677 and have it remain open even after a power cycle. I thought all I needed to do was add it to /etc/services. That was not it... Can someone please tell me how to do this. Thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
6 Replies

3. Solaris

SMC not opening

I am working with Solaris 9.In that I am trying to open SMC(Solaris Management Console) but when I am clicking it,nothing is opening. Can any1 tell me why it is not opening??:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Planning on writing a Guide to Working with Large Datasets

In a recent research experiment I was handling, I faced this task of managing huge amounts of data to the order of Terabytes and with the help of many people here, I managed to learn quite a lot of things in the whole process. I am sure that many people will keep facing these situations quite often... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Copy data from zfs datasets

I 've few data sets in my zfs pool which has been exported to the non global zones and i want to copy data on those datasets/file systems to my datasets in new pool mounted on global zone, how can i do that ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

6. AIX

Problem in ftpying the datasets containing comp values to AIX from mainframe

Hi, When i am trying to ftp COBOL generated data sets which contain comp values to AIX in ASCII mode. the comp values are getting corrupted. If i ftp the data set in binary mode it is working properly, but for this i have to change some compiler options in the COBOL. Also if i want to use the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekhar gajjala
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with opening webpage with IP#

Hi, I would like to open a webpage from an IP# from a file. Lets say I findout an IP address from using grep grep John remotecomputers.txt result: 192.168.2.1 Then after that I would like to increment the IP# to 192.168.2.2 from 192.168.2.1 After that I woud like to launch mozilla or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening a browser

Hi, I want to open an browser from unix terminal.For example i want to go to google site from my unix cmd prompt what command should i use.I am using korn shell. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakesh
7 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)