Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Audio cropping in Linux
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Audio cropping in Linux Post 302891979 by postcd on Monday 10th of March 2014 06:27:04 AM
Old 03-10-2014
Audio cropping in Linux

Hello,

i have Debian 6.x and Gnome desktop.

Looking for some lightweight app to trim and crop mp3, wma or similar files. I already have ffmpeg installed.

I tried to load 29Mb file to Audacitty and it was frozing whole day untill i turned off PC.

Some simple tool, even command line, would be good to be able to trim also inside of file, not only start, end.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio HELP Please!

I know about next to nothing, and I am trying to play an audio file on HP-UX 10.2 (743i) every time I try to use the ‘/opt/audio/bin/AudioCP &' command I get an error message that says “Unable to access audio hardware.” I checked the man page on audio, and both Aserver and rpcd are running. Am I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing audio

Hi all, I play audio through the web browser and it plays ok on windows. When i try the same thing on unix i get the error message "sh: /usr/local/bin/sox: not found. I've tried 'locate sox' and can't seem to find it. Is there some way I can change the browser settings so they play the audio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molli_81
3 Replies

3. Solaris

realteak HD Audio Chipset

I am wondering if there is a way to get opensolaris to accept my realteck hd audio chip set. dmesg Thu Oct 23 22:47:38 EDT 2008 Oct 23 22:34:49 opensolaris Use is subject to license terms. Oct 23 22:34:49 opensolaris unix: features:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio Problem

Hi I recently installed BT 5 Gnome on my Asus laptop running on Intel HD graphics. I've been having problems with audio, at first I experienced the basic problem that was solved by adding pulse audio to the starting programs. This allowed me to open Sound preferences but I still have no sound.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edreeso
0 Replies

5. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies
LXTERMINAL(1)							  http://LXDE.org						     LXTERMINAL(1)

NAME
lxterminal - a lightweight terminal emulator based on GTK+ for the LXDE desktop. SYNOPSIS
lxterminal [options...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the lxterminal command. lxterminal is a program that provides a terminal emulator for the desktop, usually for LXDE. It is a lightweight GTK+ 2.x based desktop panel. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -e STRING --command=STRING Execute the argument to this option inside the terminal. -t STRING --title=STRING Set the terminal's title. --working-directory=DIRECTORY Set the terminal's working directory. --geometry=CHARACTERSxLINES Set the terminal's size in characters and lines. -l --loginshell Executes login shell. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by paulliu grandpaul@gmail.com for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Ying-Chun Liu Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 paulliu http://LXDE.org Jun 28, 2008 LXTERMINAL(1)