Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Read columns from text files
Top Forums Programming Read columns from text files Post 302891950 by emily on Monday 10th of March 2014 04:27:30 AM
Old 03-10-2014
Hi ahamed,
I want to plot two variables for certain condition being true. I will decide it itself in the code for which conditions I would like to plot the variables for.
Please check the modified code and TASK that I have added in the original message.
The file is really huge and it so far not working.

Thank you,
emily,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching text files on specific columns for duplicates

Is it possible to search through a large file full of rows and columns of text and retrieve only the rows that contain duplicates fields, searchiing for duplicates on col4 & col6 Sample below Col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 col6 G405H SURG FERGUSON ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gerry405
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging few columns of two text files to a new file

hi i need to select a few columns of two txt files and write it to a new file. there is one common field for both of these files. plz help me in this thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kolvi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read input from 2 files and print them in alternate columns

Hi Frnz Please help me out. I have two text files. A.txt one two three four B.txt Jan Feb Mar Apr I need the output as (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I use columns from text files in if statements?

Currently I am stuck on my program for my if statement, as I do not no how to get a specific collumn of text to check against my variable. df -k /home/* > fd.txt cat df.txt | tr -s " " | awk '{print $3, $4, $1}' > dfcap.txt echo -n "Enter the size (in kilobytes) you wish to check against... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjafish
18 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining two text files as columns?

I have one space delimited file with multiple columns and one tab delimited file with multiple columns (They have the same number of rows). I want to basically combine these two text files into a new text file by column. How would I go about doing that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging two text files by two columns

Hi, I have two text files that I would like to merge/join. I would like to join them if the first columns of both text files match and the second column of the first text file matches the third column of the second text file. Example input: First file: 1334 10 0 0 1 5.2 1334 12 0 0 1 4.5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read n lines from a text files getting n from within the text file

I dont even have a sample script cause I dont know where to start from. My data lookes like this > sat#16 #data: 15 site:UNZA baseline: 205.9151 0.008 -165.2465 35.8109 40.6685 21.9148 121.1446 26.4629 -18.4976 33.8722 0.017 -165.2243 48.2201 40.6908 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: malandisa
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read text between regexps and write into files based on a field in the text

Hi, I have a huge file that has data something like shown below: huge_file.txt start regexp Name=Name1 Title=Analyst Address=Address1 Department=Finance end regexp some text some text start regexp Name=Name2 Title=Controller Address=Address2 Department=Finance end regexp (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: r3d3
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing columns in 2 text files

Hi i have 2 files file1.txt XX,ZZ,XC,EE,RR,BB XC,CF,FG,RG,GH,GH File2.txt DF,GH,MH,FR,FG,GH,NOTOK XX,ZZ,XC,EE,RR,BB,OK result XX,ZZ,XC,EE,RR,BB OK look for column1 , XX and if it matches in File2.txt , retrieve the 7 th field from File2 and print in 3 rd file , ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shyam_84
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate columns into different text files

Hi I have large text file consisting of five columns. Sample of the file is give below: ed 2-4 12.0 commons that they depended on. मानवों नष्ट किया जिन पर वो आधारित थे। ed 3-1 12.0 Almost E, but would be over. रचना करीब करीब ई तक जाती है, मगर तब तो नाटक ख़त्म हो... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
2 Replies
X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)					       Generic Mapping Tools						 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)

NAME
x2sys_merge - Merge an updated COEs tables SYNOPSIS
x2sys_merge -Amain_COElist.d -Mnew_COElist.d DESCRIPTION
x2sys_merge will read two crossovers data base and output the contents of the main one updated with the COEs in the second one. The second file should only contain updated COEs relatively to the first one. That is, it MUST NOT contain any new two tracks intersections (This point is NOT checked in the code). This program is useful when, for any good reason like file editing NAV correction or whatever, one had to recompute only the COEs between the edited files and the rest of the database. -A Specify the file main_COElist.d with the main crossover error data base. -M Specify the file new_COElist.d with the newly computed crossover error data base. OPTIONS
No space between the option flag and the associated arguments. EXAMPLES To update the main COE_data.txt with the new COEs estimations saved in the smaller COE_fresh.txt, try x2sys_merge -ACOE_data.txt -MCOE_fresh.txt > COE_updated.txt SEE ALSO
x2sys_binlist(1), x2sys_cross(1), x2sys_datalist(1), x2sys_get(1), x2sys_init(1), x2sys_list(1), x2sys_put(1), x2sys_report(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)