Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing Bulk Data
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing Bulk Data Post 302891884 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 9th of March 2014 03:26:11 AM
Old 03-09-2014
Can you post the find command that you are using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the data in a file

Hi, I have file (FILE.tmp) having contents, FILE.tmp ======== filename=menudata records=0000000000037 ldbname=pinsys timestamp=2005/05/14-18:32:33 I want to parse it bring a new file which will look like, filename records ldbname timestamp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the data

Hi I need to parse the following data using shell script Table ----- stage4n_abc 48 stage4o_abcd 4 adashpg_abc_HeartBeat 1 stage4l_asc 168 Can anyone gimme the solution. I want each value to get stored in an array or variable and want the value to be greped from another file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Archana.Dheepan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing data

Hi all , I have a file with billing CDR records in it. I need to parse that information (row format) . The purpose is to compare full content. The example I have given below is a single line record but it has two portions, (1) the line start with “!” and end with “1.2.1.8” and (2) second part... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Header & Trailer for bulk volume data file

Hi all, I have a requirement to create a Header &Trailer for a file which is having 20 millions of records. If I use the following method, i think it will take more time. cat "Header"> file1.txt cat Data_File>>file1.txt cat "Trailer">>file1.txt since second CAT command has to read all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the data

Hi friends, I need to parse the following data in the given format and get the desired output. I need a function, which takes the input as a parameter and the desired output will be returned from the function. INPUT(single parameter as complete string) A;BCF;DFG;FD ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.1988
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in Parsing data

I have below string Transaction_ID:SDP-DM-151204679 , Transaction_DateTime:2011-02-11 00:00:15 GMT+05:30 , Transaction_Mode:WAP , Circle_ID:4 , Circle_Name:BJ ,Zone: , CustomerID:B_31563486 , MSISDN:7870904329 , IMSI:405876122068099 , IMEI: , Sub_Profile:Pre-Paid , CPID:Nazara , CPNAME:Nazara ,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data parsing

Hi, I do have a data file which is divided into compartments by ---------. I would like to extract (parse) some of the data and numbers either using awk or sed The file has the format: CATGC Best GO enrichment: Genes/ORF that have the motifs (genes are sorted by max(pa+pd+po)): ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing data with awk , eliminating unwanted data

Experts , Below is the data: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Status available Allocatable yes VGDA 2 Cur LV 8 PE Size (Mbytes) 8 Total PE 4350 Free PE 2036 Allocated PE 2314 Stale PE 0 IO Timeout (Seconds) default --- Physical volumes ---... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file data

Hey Guys, I'm a novice at shell scripts and i need some help parsing file data. Basically, I want to write a script that retrieves URLs. Here is what I have so far. #!/bin/bash echo "Please enter start date (format: yyyy-mm-dd):\c" read STARTDATE echo "Please enter end date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: silverdust
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML (and insert data) then output data (bash / Solaris)

Hi folks I have a script I wrote that basically parses a bunch of config and xml files works out were to add in the new content then spits out the data into a new file. It all works - apart from the xml and config file format in the new file with XML files the original XML (that ends up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinch
2 Replies
post(3FORM)															       post(3FORM)

NAME
post - write or erase forms from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int post_form(FORM *form); int unpost_form(FORM *form); DESCRIPTION
The function post_form displays a form to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). The function unpost_form erases form from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NOT_POSTED The form has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the form. E_NO_ROOM Form is too large for its window. E_POSTED The form has already been posted. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), form(3FORM). NOTES
The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3FORM)