Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to extract a number from a statement? Post 302891680 by in2nix4life on Friday 7th of March 2014 08:34:26 AM
Old 03-07-2014
If you have GNU sed, then this will work:

Code:
num=$(echo "03/07/14 00:58:41 CRPr::CopyTotable inserted 3501 rows into table" | sed -r 's|.*inserted (.*?) rows.*|\1|')

echo $num

If that still doesn't work, please post your function.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get an if statement to execute based on number of lines in a file?

I need to have an if statement in a script to run if there are certain processes running. Easiest way I can see to do this is to run a ps and grep the results based on what I am looking for: $ ps -ef | grep wtrs --- webtrend 5046 1 0 May 12 ? 0:28 /webtrends/versions/6.1/wtrs_ui... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if statement matching all lines starting w/ a number

Does awk have a syntax for a range of numbers or is this the best way? if ($1 >= 0 && $1 <= 9 ) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arsenalman
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the highest number out

Hi Gurus, I've using HPUX B.11.23 U ia64 with shell = sh. I've been having some problem get the highest number of this script. Actually I wanted to get the highest number from this listing (TEST123 data and based on this highest number, there will be email being sent out. For example,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific case statement entries

I've got a script with one massive case statement consisting of about 130 entries. Each entry essentially passes variables into a compiled executable. Is it possible to extract the code in a specific statement? Each case entry is unique :( My goal is to dynamically create a flat file to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ironhalo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract number that comes after a given string

Hi! I have a file that contains non-regular strings like: SCSGTI:N="$4,0,1,4,34622991111-->RemoteSPC: 1111", NWID=1; SCSGTI:N="$4,0,1,4,34622991211-->RemoteSPC: 1211", NWID=1; SCSGTI:N="$4,0,1,4,*-->RemoteSPC: 2112,Sec:RemoteSPC: 2212", NWID=1; SCSGTI:N="$4,10,1,4,34622999213-->RemoteSPC:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flavius
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Number

I am trying to extract the numbers from the strings. Lakers win 80% of the games 24 numbered Kobe scores 90% from free throw line Chances of Lakers winning championship is 100% I have data like this. and am looking to extract the % 80% 90% 100% (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract port number?

Hi my code is as follow: stringA=`cat /s01/oracle/11.2/network/admin/listener.ora | grep "PORT"` stringB=`cat $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora | grep "PORT"` stringC="PORT" echo ${stringA} echo ${stringB} echo ${stringC} position=`expr index "$stringB" "stringC"` echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement test against number range [0-9]

Is it possible to test against a varible within a ranges in a if statement. ex. if ];then echo "not in range" else echo "number within range" fi (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: leemalloy
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract number from string.

Hi I am on Sun os. I have data in the below format and I need to grab the number out from the string. O/p needed: ---------- Post updated at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:32 PM ---------- I tried this but I am getting . at the front (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract number from column

I have a lot of file with a lot of lines following the same pattern the lines go like this: alpha_9/output- -413.74928476 2.6116 and I want it to be: 9 -413.74928476 2.6116 thanks for the help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: galboski
5 Replies
DBX_FETCH_ROW(3)							 1							  DBX_FETCH_ROW(3)

dbx_fetch_row - Fetches rows from a query-result that had the DBX_RESULT_UNBUFFEREDflag set

SYNOPSIS
mixed dbx_fetch_row (object $result_identifier) DESCRIPTION
dbx_fetch_row(3) fetches rows from a result identifier that had the DBX_RESULT_UNBUFFERED flag set. When the DBX_RESULT_UNBUFFERED is not set in the query, dbx_fetch_row(3) will fail as all rows have already been fetched into the results data property. As a side effect, the rows property of the query-result object is incremented for each successful call to dbx_fetch_row(3). PARAMETERS
o $result_identifier - A result set returned by dbx_query(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns an object on success that contains the same information as any row would have in the dbx_query(3) result data property, including columns accessible by index or fieldname when the flags for dbx_query(3) were set that way. Upon failure, returns 0 (e.g. when no more rows are available). EXAMPLES
Example #1 How to handle the returned value <?php $result = dbx_query($link, 'SELECT id, parentid, description FROM table', DBX_RESULT_UNBUFFERED); echo "<table> "; while ($row = dbx_fetch_row($result)) { echo "<tr> "; foreach ($row as $field) { echo "<td>$field</td>"; } echo "</tr> "; } echo "</table> "; ?> SEE ALSO
dbx_query(3). PHP Documentation Group DBX_FETCH_ROW(3)