Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX [Solved] Find command hangs my terminal session Post 302891647 by Don Cragun on Friday 7th of March 2014 01:25:35 AM
Old 03-07-2014
Searching every directory on every file system on a server running AIX may take a while.

Do you really expect to find a file named ftp.? (The argument to the find -name primary is a filename matching pattern; not a regular expression.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

terminal 8/ new Xwindows session

hi everyone... simple question,,, if I open a new Xwindows session on terminal 8 would it be possible to hook my laptop to a desktop computer platformed with linux and run an alternate session from the desktop on my laptop (on terminal 8 ) ......? is this impossible, impractical or too far... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script without a terminal session

I'm trying to figure out how I can run a script "myScript.sh" in such a way that if my remote network connection gets disconnected, the script doesn't stop functioning. Right now I log in, run "./myScript.sh" and watch my output get pumped to a log file for about 10 hours. Only problem is that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Assistance with find command please

Trying to locate files less than xx days old, throughout all directories/subdirectories, but excluding certain types of directories and files. The directories I want to search all contain the same characteristic (dbdef, pldef, ghdef, etc), and there are subdirectories within that I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Condmach
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Capture a Unix Terminal Session?

Hi All, I want to capture all the operations performed in the terminal. So to achieve this I used “script” command. This works as I expected. But this command captures all the standard output which is redirected to terminal. For example if i “tail” a file, even the tail output is getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] weird in find -exec command

i feel weird with this 2 command find /tmp/*test* -user `whoami` -mtime +1 -type f -exec rm -f {}\; find /tmp/*test* -user `whoami` -mtime +1 -type f -exec ls -lrt {}\; the first one return correct which only delete those filename that consist *test* where second command it listed all the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
12 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] find command match pattern

Hello, I would like to ask you, how to match directory names. I need to find only directories, which are created only from numbers and doesn't include any letters. I used command find $AC_WORKDIR/work_archive/test/$dirs_years -maxdepth 1 -name \\* -print If I have dirs like 12... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satin1321
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] The SCRIPT command - Can we see the log file of a running session?

Hello. This is my situation. script .anything ls -l . ---How can I see the content of .anything using (i.e) cat .anything? If not possible can someone suggest a sequence to simulate a console-recorder to "observ" from a RUNNING script session? Thanks Paolo Please use code tags... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paolfili
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Grep within find command

Platform: AIX 6.1/ksh Question1. I want to grep for the string "CUSTOM_PKMS" in all the files in server except those files with extensions .dbf , .ctl and .dmp I started running the following command but it is taking too long because there are lots of .dbf , .ctl and .dmp files in this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
6 Replies

9. AIX

HMC login - Command line and terminal session

Hi Admins, Just a small question - Can we have multiple session for single user on HMC. e.g. Can I have a terminal session (via IE ) and command line (ssh) at same time ?? I am not sure whether it will impact HMC system or not. So want to make sure. let me know folks. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find command is not working

Hello Friends, I have a problem about a little script, when i run the following two lines one by one on CLI then they work well: /usr/bin/mkdir `perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); print strftime "%Y-%m-%d",localtime(time() - 30*24*60*60);'` find . -type f -name "fuseesb.log.*" -mtime 30... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
5 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Extending - the mini-guide to extending File::Find::Rule SYNOPSIS
package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } 1; DESCRIPTION
File::Find::Rule went down so well with the buying public that everyone wanted to add extra features. With the 0.07 release this became a possibility, using the following conventions. Declare your package package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; Inherit methods from File::Find::Rule # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; Force your madness into the main package # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } Yes, we're being very cavalier here and defining things into the main File::Find::Rule namespace. This is due to lack of imaginiation on my part - I simply can't find a way for the functional and oo interface to work without doing this or some kind of inheritance, and inheritance stops you using two File::Find::Rule::Foo modules together. For this reason try and pick distinct names for your extensions. If this becomes a problem then I may institute a semi-official registry of taken names. Taking no arguments. Note the null prototype on random. This is a cheat for the procedural interface to know that your sub takes no arguments, and so allows this to happen: find( random => in => '.' ); If you hadn't declared "random" with a null prototype it would have consumed "in" as a parameter to it, then got all confused as it doesn't know about a '.' rule. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule File::Find::Rule::MMagic was the first extension module, so maybe check that out. perl v5.18.2 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)