Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Edit locations in a file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Edit locations in a file Post 302891614 by siya@ on Thursday 6th of March 2014 08:25:39 PM
Old 03-06-2014
This is the code I tried!
Sorted the file first and then tried to join the contents!

Code:
sort -o file 
join f4a f4b | whille read f4a f4b
do
 if (( ( $f4a <= $f4a'next)
||(  $f4b <= $f4b'next) ))
 then
  echo $f4a $f4a' $f4b $f4b'

done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Standard Out to Two Locations

Is it possible to redirect standard output to two locations? Unfortunately, I need to redirect it to two different files. Or if there might be any utilities that can do it. I'm suspecting not as it's all pipes and filters, but thought I'd ask. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GaryRudolph
2 Replies

2. Solaris

file locations...

Hi Guys, There was a post that I saw here a while ago regarding file system layout and what to put where, which I am unable to find now.. A user here posted a man page that list what each partition should have in it and what it is used for and were you should install custom packages. ie:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tornado
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Edit the file content and create new file

I have a requirement, which is as follows *. Folder contains list of xmls. Script has to create new xml files by copying the existing one and renaming it by appending "_pre.xml" at the end. *. Each file has multiple <Name>fileName</Name> entry. The script has to find the first occurance of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudesh.ach
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending a file to 24 Server locations parallely

Hi All, I have to send a processed file to 24 different server locations. I feel, if this job can be done parallel in the background - Time will come down. I found the script to FTP the file for a single server location through past Unix posts as below: #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsmeruga
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert Delimiter at fixed locations in a flat file

Hi Can somebody help me with solution for this PLEASE? I have a flat file and need to insert delimiters at fixed positions in all the lines so that I can easily convert into EXCEL with columns defined as per their width. For Example Here is the file { kkjhdhal sdfewss sdtereetyw... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jd_mca
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to insert Delimiters at fixed locations in a file, Can you please Debug it for me??

Can someone please help?I have a file - fixed.txt----------------------------AABBBBCCCCCCDDDEEFFFFGGGGGGHHHIIJJJJKKKKKKLLL----------------------------To insert delimiters at fixed lengths of 2, 4, 6, 3, I created a file text1.txt as-------------------2463----------------------and trying to execute... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jd_mca
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting commas into file at set locations...

Hey everyone. What would be the best method to insert commas (or comma-quotes) into a file at set locations. Every line in the file looks like this: 1234567890123456 123456BIGAUDIODYNAMITE33 123.12 123456 12345678901234MARK E WILLIAMS 123456 The comma's should... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Edit file

Hi All, I have file with 200K Records and each line with 400 character. I need to edit the some part of the file. For example, i need to edit character from 115 to 125, 135to 145 and 344 to 361 Can you please anyone help me to do this? Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balasubramani04
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing to two locations at once

I have a backup script that runs on CRON that I developed about 5 years ago. It has always worked perfectly but a recent firmware update on my QNAP TS 259 has seem to break the large file move/copy capability amongst the ESATA drives. I would like to just change my backhup.sh so that writes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackconsult
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)