Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for linking files with paths in 2 text files Post 302891562 by LeftoverStew on Thursday 6th of March 2014 11:26:48 AM
Old 03-06-2014
Scrutinizer, you are an awesome human being. I am forever grateful, it does exactly what I wanted!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

compiling and linking 2 C files ...??

Hi mates, I am trying to copile and link to C programs with command: cc file1,file2 but i raises the error "file not found" ... am i doing the right way? any suggestion will be appreciated. thanks abdul (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modifying C file and linking back to project files

hi, This is the first time I work in a big C project. All source code files are located in say directory /source/pp and all header files are in /include/pp. I've created a link to both of these directories from my home dir, say /home/ss. So in the /home/ss dir I have the /source/pp and /include/pp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruins2005
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linking Files in UNIX (shortcuts)

Hello, Can anyone tell me how I can make a file link or shortcut in UNIX 4.0, several file links where damaged during an outage examples below. Examples: file -> file libX11.so -> /usr/shlib/libX11.so.pre.O3D All of the file links that were damaged were in /shlib and point to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jays337
3 Replies

4. Programming

C files searching and Linking

Dear friends, First off all , let me apologize for my inexperience. I am just starting use of Linux and gcc . Actually I ve some .c files in the present directory , and now I am giving +vc <my_file1.c> <my.file2.c> <myfile3.c>. All the c files are in present directory.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to display paths of files in a directory

hi guys does anyone know how to display the file paths of the files stored within a directory at the command terminal? e.g. if i have a directory called "home", how do i display the file paths of the files inside the directory? cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Villaman69
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find text containing paths and replace with a string in all the python files

I have 100+ python files in a single directory. I need to replace a specific path occurrence with a variable name. Following are the find and the replace strings: Findstring--"projects\\Debugger\\debugger_dp8051_01\\debugger_dp8051_01.cywrk" Replacestring--self.projpath I tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: noorsam
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a script for existing of IP_add in the files under paticular paths.

Hello , I want to write a script to test the IP_add is hardcoded in the paticular files. the files are available in path . for example. /abs/abn/jkg/frames.sh. like this some files are there in the same path.I manually replaced the IP_ADD with domain name in required files.now i have to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files older than x days and also taking an input for multiple paths

Hi , I am a newbie!!! I want to develop a script for deleting files older than x days from multiple paths. Now I could reach upto this piece of code which deletes files older than x days from a particular path. How do I enhance it to have an input from a .txt file or a .dat file? For eg:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and compare files from two paths

Hi All, I have a 2 path, one with oldfile path in which has several sub folders,each sub folders contains a config file(basically text file), likewise there will be another newfile path which will have sub folders, each sub folders contains a config file. Need to read files from oldfile... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
6 Replies

10. Programming

Linker errors linking to .a files on OS X

Basically my problem is that when I try to compile anything using ./configure && make, it fails because of linker errors. I can reproduce the behavior I'm getting as follows: I have the two following files main.c: #include <stdio.h> extern void func(void); int main(int argc, char... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarshallBanana
5 Replies
XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)

NAME
xclip-copyfile, xclip-cutfile, xclip-pastefile - copy and move files via the X clipboard SYNOPSIS
xclip-copyfile [-p] FILES... xclip-cutfile [-p] FILES... xclip-pastefile DESCRIPTION
xclip-copyfile copies files into the X clipboard, recursing into directories. xclip-cutfile copies the files, but also deletes them afterwards. -p preserve path formation xclip-pastefile pastes the files out of the clipboard EXAMPLES
Copying a file to a remote host [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ echo "A file created on ${HOSTNAME}" > file1 [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ cat file1 A file created on maggie.lkpg.cendio.se Copying an entire tree structure [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-copyfile doc [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile doc/ doc/letter-mom-april.txt doc/file1 doc/letter-dad-march.txt Copying files with preserved path information [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile -p /etc/sysconfig/grub tar: Removing leading `/' from member names [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile etc/sysconfig/grub [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ ls etc/sysconfig/grub etc/sysconfig/grub Moving files [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-cutfile letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt ls: cannot access letter-brother-may.txt: No such file or directory [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ cd doc [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile letter-brother-may.txt AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Maximilian Gass <mxey@cloudconnected.org> for the Debian project. It may be used for everything else, of course. XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)