Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to provide auto inputs for a sub-script within a script? Post 302891480 by rbatte1 on Thursday 6th of March 2014 04:51:37 AM
Old 03-06-2014
Then I think that my first suggestion has a chance of succeeding. What do you get from:-
Code:
su - sybase -c "echo \"13\n0\" | /var/tmp/db_tools" >> logfile

Are there any errors? Do you get the output you need in logfile?

Regards,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script to Auto Run PHP Script

Hello All! I am looking to build a monitoring script. The script should always run as a system service of some type and should always check that a PHP script is running. Maybe there is a way to assign a PHP script to a certain PID so that the monitor script that check for the PID in top... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elDeuce
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

provide a user password from a script

Hi all, passwd <username> < /var/adm/passwd.txt cat /var/adm/passwd.txt abcd1234 abcd1234 when I run this from the script, it comes with: New password: It is not able to pick from the location /var/adm/passwd.txt. thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need inputs on how i can change my script to reduce amount of time the script takes

HI , I have a list1 which consists of data that i have to search and a list2 which has the files that need to be searched .So basically i am using list1 on list2 to see if list1 data is present if found replace it .I have written the code using foreach loop for each list .This is taking the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhul2002
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Provide input in sqlplus script

Hi guys. I m creating scripts which input multiple value , inside sqlplus script when it prompt/accept do anybody know how to provide multiple value inside sqlplus script when it prompt. like, enter value for first: enter value for second: enter value "save file as " : I m try... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please provide me with a KSH script.

Hi frnds Im new to unix. I have an xml like the following: <?xml version="1.0"?> <serviceFeeDetail> <Data> <totalAmount>40</totalAmount> </Data> <serviceFee> <invoiceBillGrpNbr>1</invoiceBillGrpNbr> <serviceFeeLineItem> <billLineNbr>1</billLineNbr> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balesh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script for taking inputs from one script and storing them into a document.

Hi. I wanted to create a Perl script which can take the outputs of a Perl script as it's input and temporarily store them in a document. Need help. Thanks.:) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtatic
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to provide stdin from one script to another script?

Dear all I have a scripts call "script.sh", that I need to provide 3 params from stdin i.e. # script.sh Please input first name : Hello Please input last name : Kitty Please input sex : F Without changing script.sh, I want to write another script call "script_slient.sh", that will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: on9west
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to provide percentages?

so i'm have been stifled here inn my attempts at this. i need to calculate an unusual figure. what is the percentage difference between 400 and 3? usually, to get the percentage, you just divide the smaller number by the bigger number. then multiply the answer by 100. in this case... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Provide 2 inputs when prompts

Hi All, I am a novice to UNIX, i need to know is there a way to provide 2 inputs when the shell prompts and i need to assign those 2 values to 2 separate variables. I dont want to give those values as a arguments (while running the script). Thanks in advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasanna2166
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can any one provide shell script for this ...

• With this script, users will be able to o Enter into the recycle bin mode. During this mode, all files deleted will be sent to the recycle bin. The recycle bin will be common to all users. o View contents of the recycle bin (his/her file(s) only). o Retrieve a particular file from the recycle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavana busetty
3 Replies
LOGSAVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							LOGSAVE(8)

NAME
logsave - save the output of a command in a logfile SYNOPSIS
logsave [ -asv ] logfile cmd_prog [ ... ] DESCRIPTION
The logsave program will execute cmd_prog with the specified argument(s), and save a copy of its output to logfile. If the containing directory for logfile does not exist, logsave will accumulate the output in memory until it can be written out. A copy of the output will also be written to standard output. If cmd_prog is a single hyphen ('-'), then instead of executing a program, logsave will take its input from standard input and save it in logfile logsave is useful for saving the output of initial boot scripts until the /var partition is mounted, so the output can be written to /var/log. OPTIONS
-a This option will cause the output to be appended to logfile, instead of replacing its current contents. -s This option will cause logsave to skip writing to the log file text which is bracketed with a control-A (ASCII 001 or Start of Header) and control-B (ASCII 002 or Start of Text). This allows progress bar information to be visible to the user on the console, while not being written to the log file. -v This option will make logsave to be more verbose in its output to the user. AUTHOR
Theodore Ts'o (tytso@mit.edu) SEE ALSO
fsck(8) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 LOGSAVE(8)