Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System Activity Report
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring System Activity Report Post 302891457 by tarun_nix on Thursday 6th of March 2014 12:35:37 AM
Old 03-06-2014
Thank you Perderabo, seams this is the only option, I was thinking on other methods of collecting data.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mksysb and system activity

Hello, With AIX 5.3 is it possible to run a mksysb with users logged into the system? The users are accessing a database app that runs on a separate physical disk than the system files. Does this even matter? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samsa1mi
1 Replies

2. AIX

System activity

Hi, I want to find program's file read,write for a particular time.For example i am executing an application called test1, this will get input from some parameter files(file1,file2,file3) and it will write to some files(file4,file5), so i want to execute one program which will capture these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanadurai_it
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor system activity while executing tests

I need to monitor system activity (RAM, CPU usage, execution time) while running some tests on solaris, linux and aix and save the output. Please advise whether there's a utility available for these systems? How can time the execution of the command? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smovla
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange system activity no matter what I try

When I choose to encrypt my drive during a Linux install, it encryps it, but I receive errors in dmesg and in ~/.xsessions-errors during use. The first error is in dmesg where it sometimes shows errors writing to the encypted device. The second error is in ~/.xsessions-errors with an error about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: justgoogleit
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

system activity and information data

Hi all, i need to collect all system activities data(processes running, disk details, memory, etc), system logs and things related. i heard of cfg2html but its not available for my CentOS distro(i may need to install separately but thats not what i wana do). i can use sar for syatem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHEL Linux process activity monitoring tool from windows 7 system

I have 2 RHEL 5.9 system where customized applications are running. These 2 servers are with in a network (LAN) with each other.One application in say Server 1 can talk to another application in server 2 and vice versa. The applications are exchanging data among each other. Recently I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
0 Replies
EVLOOP(3)								 1								 EVLOOP(3)

The EvLoop class

INTRODUCTION
Represents an event loop that is always distinct from the default loop . Unlike the default loop , it cannot handle EvChild watchers. Having threads we have to create a loop per thread, and use the the default loop in the parent thread. The default event loop is initialized automatically by Ev . It is accessable via methods of the Ev class, or via EvLoop::defaultLoop method. CLASS SYNOPSIS
EvLoop final EvLoop Properties o public$data o public$backend o public$is_default_loop o public$iteration o public$pending o public$io_interval o public$timeout_interval o public$depth Methods o public int EvLoop::backend (void ) o finalpublic EvCheck EvLoop::check (string $callback, [string $data], [string $priority]) o finalpublic EvChild EvLoop::child (string $pid, string $trace, string $callback, [string $data], [string $priority]) o public EvLoop::__construct ([int $flags], [mixed $data = NULL], [double $io_interval = 0.0], [double $timeout_interval = 0.0]) o publicstatic EvLoop EvLoop::defaultLoop ([int $flags = Ev::FLAG_AUTO], [mixed $data = NULL], [double $io_interval = 0.], [double $timeout_interval = 0.]) o finalpublic EvEmbed EvLoop::embed (string $other, [string $callback], [string $data], [string $priority]) o finalpublic EvFork EvLoop::fork NULL (callable $callback, [mixed $data], [int $priority]) o finalpublic EvIdle EvLoop::idle NULL (callable $callback, [mixed $data], [int $priority]) o public void EvLoop::invokePending (void ) o finalpublic EvIo EvLoop::io NULL (mixed $fd, int $events, callable $callback, [mixed $data], [int $priority]) o public void EvLoop::loopFork (void ) o public double EvLoop::now (void ) o public void EvLoop::nowUpdate (void ) o finalpublic EvPeriodic EvLoop::periodic NULL (double $offset, double $interval, callable $callback, [mixed $data], [int $priority]) o finalpublic EvPrepare EvLoop::prepare NULL (callable $callback, [mixed $data], [int $priority]) o public void EvLoop::resume (void ) o public void EvLoop::run ([int $flags]) o finalpublic EvSignal EvLoop::signal NULL (int $signum, callable $callback, [mixed $data], [int $priority]) o finalpublic EvStat EvLoop::stat NULL (string $path, double $interval, callable $callback, [mixed $data], [int $priority]) o public void EvLoop::stop ([int $how]) o public void EvLoop::suspend (void ) o finalpublic EvTimer EvLoop::timer NULL (double $after, double $repeat, callable $callback, [mixed $data], [int $priority]) o public void EvLoop::verify (void ) PROPERTIES
o $data - Custom data attached to loop o $backend - Readonly . The backend flags indicating the event backend in use. o $is_default_loop - Readonly . TRUE if it is the default event loop. o $iteration - The current iteration count of the loop. See Ev::iteration o $pending - The number of pending watchers. 0 indicates that there are no watchers pending. o $io_interval - Higher $io_interval allows libev to spend more time collecting EvIo events, so more events can be handled per iteration, at the cost of increasing latency. Timeouts (both EvPeriodic and EvTimer ) will not be affected. Setting this to a non-zero value will introduce an additional sleep() call into most loop iterations. The sleep time ensures that libev will not poll for EvIo events more often than once per this interval, on average. Many programs can usually benefit by setting the $io_interval to a value near 0.1 , which is often enough for interactive servers(not for games). It usually doesn't make much sense to set it to a lower value than 0.01 , as this approaches the timing granularity of most systems. See also FUNCTIONS CONTROLLING EVENT LOOPS . o $timeout_interval - Higher $timeout_interval allows libev to spend more time collecting timeouts, at the expense of increased latency/jitter/inex- actness(the watcher callback will be called later). EvIo watchers will not be affected. Setting this to a non-null value will not introduce any overhead in libev . See also FUNCTIONS CONTROLLING EVENT LOOPS . o $depth - The recursion depth. See Ev::depth . PHP Documentation Group EVLOOP(3)