Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Problem with scientific Linux multiboot Post 302891408 by LMHmedchem on Wednesday 5th of March 2014 02:15:25 PM
Old 03-05-2014
I can use a live CD to access my files, but I'm not sure what the best method is to fix the issue. I could use a tool like rescatux to do restore grub and then update grub, but I have never used that tool before. I could do something similar in live ubuntu, but I don't have ubuntu installed anymore and I don't know if that would cause an issue. I don't know what the similar options would be from inside of suse.

I think it's odd that I can't boot the SL install from super grub2. That usually works.

LMHmedchem

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiboot problem Help plz??

I have installed Win98 OS .......1st then RH7.2 with GRUB bootloader okay i.e in the Grub there is two choices 1-Linux 2-Dos also I install bootloader of linux in MBR -master boot record- when select Linux an error : ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot use mail in scientific LINUX

i'm in computer laboratory and i want to send mail to other computer in this computer lab..but the problem is it doesn't function. the result is : >N 1 Mail Delivery Subsys Mon Sep 3 11:44 71/2580 "Returned mail: see transcript for details" i already install mailx and sendmail but its still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: help me
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Multiboot on a laptop: windows Solaris Linux

Hi Just want to share.... Multiboot: winlinsos; June 2016 Lenovo x230, 4GB - No internal DVD driver I have # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 120.0 GB, 120034123776 bytes, 234441648 sectors Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes I/O... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: van12
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiboot problem with Slackware 14.2, FreeBSD 11 & Solaris 10

I want to install Slackware 14.2, FreeBSD and Solaris 10 on a p4 machine but multiboot is not working as lilo overwrites grub and btx boot loader can't detect others. I had to boot slackware and Solaris with the installation disc for a good number of times. I installed all boot loaders on MBR. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiboot problem with Slackware 14.2, FreeBSD 11 & Solaris 10

I want to install Slackware 14.2, FreeBSD and Solaris 10 on a p4 machine but multiboot is not working as lilo overwrites grub and btx boot loader can't detect others. I had to boot slackware and Solaris with the installation disc for a good number of times. I installed all boot loaders on MBR. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harveyclayton
3 Replies
BOOT.CONFIG(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    BOOT.CONFIG(5)

NAME
boot.config -- Configuration file for the boot blocks DESCRIPTION
The boot.config file contains options for the FreeBSD boot block code. When the FreeBSD boot loader runs, it searches the ``a'' slice of the boot partition for a boot.config file (as a result, slices which are missing an ``a'' partition require user intervention during the boot process). If the boot.config file is found, its contents are used as the default configuration options for the boot block code and are echoed to the system console. A valid format of this file is to put BIOS drive number, a controller type, a unit number, a partition, a kernel file name, and any other valid boot(8) option on a single line, as it is done at the ``boot:'' prompt. The options related to the boot image selection described below and all the other options available for boot.config are documented in detail in the boot(8) manual page. FILES
/boot.config parameters for the boot blocks (optional) EXAMPLES
The command: # echo "-P" > /boot.config will activate the serial console of FreeBSD. The command: # echo "1:ad(1,a)/boot/loader" > /boot.config will instruct the second stage of boot(8) on the first disk to boot with the third boot(8) stage from the second disk. The command: # echo "1:ad(1,a)/boot/loader -P" > /boot.config will do both of the above. SEE ALSO
boot(8), loader(8) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Daniel Gerzo <danger@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
May 13, 2007 BSD