Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System Activity Report
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring System Activity Report Post 302891370 by Perderabo on Wednesday 5th of March 2014 10:24:38 AM
Old 03-05-2014
Ummm, 1,000,000,000 is a lot of seconds.

60 * 60 * 24 = 86,400 seconds per day.
86,400 * 365 = 31,536,000 seconds per year
so it's
315,536,000 seconds per decade

1,000,000,000 seconds is over 31 years. You should reboot your systems at least once a decade anyway.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mksysb and system activity

Hello, With AIX 5.3 is it possible to run a mksysb with users logged into the system? The users are accessing a database app that runs on a separate physical disk than the system files. Does this even matter? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samsa1mi
1 Replies

2. AIX

System activity

Hi, I want to find program's file read,write for a particular time.For example i am executing an application called test1, this will get input from some parameter files(file1,file2,file3) and it will write to some files(file4,file5), so i want to execute one program which will capture these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanadurai_it
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor system activity while executing tests

I need to monitor system activity (RAM, CPU usage, execution time) while running some tests on solaris, linux and aix and save the output. Please advise whether there's a utility available for these systems? How can time the execution of the command? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smovla
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange system activity no matter what I try

When I choose to encrypt my drive during a Linux install, it encryps it, but I receive errors in dmesg and in ~/.xsessions-errors during use. The first error is in dmesg where it sometimes shows errors writing to the encypted device. The second error is in ~/.xsessions-errors with an error about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: justgoogleit
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

system activity and information data

Hi all, i need to collect all system activities data(processes running, disk details, memory, etc), system logs and things related. i heard of cfg2html but its not available for my CentOS distro(i may need to install separately but thats not what i wana do). i can use sar for syatem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHEL Linux process activity monitoring tool from windows 7 system

I have 2 RHEL 5.9 system where customized applications are running. These 2 servers are with in a network (LAN) with each other.One application in say Server 1 can talk to another application in server 2 and vice versa. The applications are exchanging data among each other. Recently I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
0 Replies
set(1m) 																   set(1m)

NAME
set - Modifies characteristics for the DTS entity. SYNOPSIS
dtscp set characteristic ARGUMENTS
The name and value of one or more characteristics to be modified. Valid values for characteristic are described in the following list. These values are described in more detail in the description section. check interval [relative-time] courier role [role] error tolerance [relative-time] global set timeout [relative-time] local set timeout [relative-time] maximum inaccuracy [relative-time] query attempts [integer] server entry name [name] server group name [name] server principal name [name] servers required [integer] synchronization hold down [relative-time] DESCRIPTION
The set command modifies the charactistics you specify for the DTS entity. The modifiable characteristics and their values are described in the following list. Specifies the amount of time between checks for faulty servers. Applicable only for servers that have external time providers. Default: 0-01:30:00.000 Value: 0-00:00:30.000 - 10675199-02:48:05.000 Specifies a server's interaction with the set of global servers. Default: backup courier The following values are valid: The local server becomes a courier if none are available on the LAN. The local server synchronizes with the global set of servers. The local server does not synchronize with the global set of servers. Specifies the maximum separation allowed between the local clock and the computed time before synchronizations become abrupt rather than gradual (monotonic). Default: 0-00:10:00.000 Value: 0-00:00:00.500 - 10675199-02:48:05.000 Specifies the amount of time the node waits for a response to a global synchronization request before sending another request or declaring a global server to be unavailable. The number of attempts made to reach the server is controlled by the query attemps characteristic. Default: 0-00:00:15.000 Value: 0-00:00:00.000 - 0-00:10:00.000 Specifies the amount of time the node waits for a response to a local synchronization request before sending another request or declaring a server to be unavailable. The number of attempts made to reach the server is controlled by the query attemps characteristic. Note that the local set timeout value controls only the initial contact with a time provider. During this initial contact, the time provider itself determines the timeout value for actually reporting back times. This allows a time provider attached to a slow source like a modem to request that dtsd wait for a longer interval. Default: 0-00:00:05.000 Value: 0-00:00:00.000 - 0-00:01:00.000 Specifies the inaccuracy limit for the node. When the node exceeds the maximum inaccuracy setting, it attempts to synchronize. Default: 0-00:00:00.100 Value: 0-00:00:00.000 - 10675199-02:48:05.000 Specifies the number of attempts that a node makes to contact a server before the node considers the server unavailable. Default: 3 Value: 1-10 Specifies a server's CDS entry name; hostname represents the name of the system or node that is the server's client. The default setting is the recommended value. Default: /.:/hosts/hostname/dts-entity Specifies the name of the security group that DTS uses for authentication checks. DTS clerks and servers do not accept time values from DTS servers that are not included in this group. Specifies a server's principal name for authentication purposes; hostname represents the name of the system or node that is the server's client. The default setting is the recommended value. Default: /.:/hosts/hostname/self Specifies the minimum number of servers required for a synchronization. Settings of 1 or 2 may cause unreliable computed times. Default: 1 (clerks) 3 (servers) Value: 1-10 Specifies the interval a node must wait to synchronize. Also specifies synchronization frequency when a node reaches the value specified by the maximum inaccuracy characteristic. Clerks: Default: 0-00:10:00.000 Value: 0-00:00:30.000 - 01-00:00:00.000 Servers: Default: 0-00:02:00.000 Value: 0-00:00:30.000 - 01-00:00:00.000 Privilege Required You must have write permission on the ACL associated with the DTS entity in order to execute the command. NOTES
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. The following two commands are obsolete. Use the replacements shown. This command is the same as set local set timeout. This command is the same as set global set timeout. EXAMPLES
The following example command sets the check interval characteristic to 30 seconds: dtscp> set check interval 00-00:00:30.000 The following example shows how to set the number of servers required before the entity can syn- chronize: dtscp> set servers required 4 The following example shows how to set the courier role for a server: dtscp> set courier role backup courier The following example command sets the error tolerance characteristic to seven minutes: dtscp> set error tolerance 0-00:07:00.000 The following example command the global set timeout characteristic to 45 seconds: dtscp> set global set timeout 0-00:00:45.000 The following example command the local set timeout characteristic to five seconds: dtscp> set local set timeout 0-00:00:05.000 The following example command sets the maximum inaccuracy characteristic to three milliseconds: dtscp> set maximum inaccuracy 0-00:00:00.300 The following example command sets the server entry name characteristic to /.:/hosts/orion/dts-entity: dtscp> set server entry name /.:/hosts/orion/dts-entity The following example command sets the server principal name characteristic to /.:/hosts/vega/dts-entity: dtscp> set server principal name /.:/hosts/vega/dts-entity The following example command sets the synchronization hold down characteristic to 15 minutes: dtscp> set synchronization hold down 0-00:15:00.000 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: show(1m) set(1m)