Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash to sh conversion
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash to sh conversion Post 302891348 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 5th of March 2014 08:50:21 AM
Old 03-05-2014
Maybe I am missing something but exactly what shell is your /bin/sh and what OS are you running?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of bash parsing script to perl?

I need help with a perl parsing script. I have some error logs on a windows machine that I need to parse from a text file, but I know nothing about perl. I usually run this bash script on my linux box and it does just what I need. How would I do the same thing with perl and port it to my windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

conversion

Dear friends, i am writing sh shell script I have a file containing binary data. like this. 010101010101010101101010101010100001010101010101001. i want to read some particular bits and convert it into decimal valuse. example. 1.first i want to read 5 bits and convert it into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another bash shell to perl conversion

Hello everyone. I am new to linux and need help again. I need help converting this bash shell to linux: for i in `ls -l *.txt` do `./cnvidtf.pl $i` `curl -u login:pswd --disable-espv -T loadfile.seq ftp://11.1.11.1` `mysql -u login -h 11.1.11.1 -ppswd < lddocs.sql` done Thanks! Any help... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: freak
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH uppercase conversion

How can I convert a variable to uppercase like ksh, typeset -u $1 in bash? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stringdom
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset conversion problem from ksh to bash

Hi, typeset -l sgf # all lowercase letters typeset -u SGF # all uppercase letters sgf=$1 SGF=$sgf these lines used in my scripts . It ran fine in ksh but when we convert this to bash it erroring out. I like to know what the use of typeset ?? Thanks & Regards kanagaraj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanagaraj
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.so to .sl conversion ?

Hi all, I have one libxxx.so file ( which I got from a third party ). We use shared library libxxx.sl . Is there any way to convert the .so file to .sl file ? Thanks in advance - M (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_kanu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with Audio Conversion Bash Script

Good evening, I'm currently working on a BASH script to convert audio between file formats and I've come across a snag. At the beginning of the script, I'm having the system check to see if any files with the .m4a extension exist in the directory, and if so, it runs the script. If there are no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KBurkholder
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different epoch conversion result for bash and csh users

Hi there I'm using this script to convert command line history with Epoch time stamp to human readable. While it works fine with users with /bin/csh shell, it fails to convert for users with /bin/bash shell. Why is this happening? I even changed and added * and after the # but it still didnt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch to bash conversion

Hi, I am just trying to convert the batch script to bash script and i am stuck at one point where I have the below code for /f "delims=" %%a in (a.txt) do ( for /f "tokens=1,2,3* delims==" %%i in ("%%a") do ( for /f "tokens=1,2,3* delims= " %%x in ("%%i") do ( if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanna2166
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scripting with date format conversion

I have a script below and wanted to change the output into three different file format (3 separate script) #!bin/bash #input file format postwrf_d01_20131206_0600_f08400.grb2 #postwrf_d01_YYYYMMDD_ZZZZ_f0HHHH.grb2 #zzzz= 0000,0600,1200,1800 (in UTC) #HHHH=00000,00600,01200,01800 ..ect (in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cumulus_255
1 Replies
DH_CONSOLEDATA(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 DH_CONSOLEDATA(1)

NAME
dh_consoledata - declare console data files SYNOPSIS
dh_consoledata [debhelper options] [-n] DESCRIPTION
This program is meant to assist in building a package that provides data files for the console. It is still in the early stages of developement, and many features are still missing or partly implemented. Please look at /usr/share/doc/console-common/TODO for more details. For now this program takes a debian/package.keymaps file, installs in in the package build directory, and creates the debian/package.config and debian/package.templates files. It also makes the ${console:depends} variable available for the control file. This variable should be referenced in the Depends field, as should ${perl:depends} if you use dh_perl (which you should call anyway, since your package will include a perl debconf script). It should ultimately allow to declare fonts and SFM fallbacks. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. -d Install the debconf templates and config script (and add the postinst fragment, unless -n is also specified), even if there is no debian/package.keymaps file. This is normally intended for internal use, be careful that the name of the option and its semantics will probably change in the near future, to accomodate for new needs. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1) This program is an extention to debhelper. AUTHOR
Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org> perl v5.14.2 2011-12-05 DH_CONSOLEDATA(1)