Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Batch to bash conversion
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Batch to bash conversion Post 302891328 by Klashxx on Wednesday 5th of March 2014 07:36:49 AM
Old 03-05-2014
A slight modification over @CarloM solution:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
count=0
while  IFS== read id content
do 
   [ $(echo "${id:0:5}") != "Group" ] && continue
   VAR1[${count}]="${id}"
   VAR2[${count}]="${content}"
   (( count += 1))
done<a.txt

count2=0
while (( count2 < count ))
do
   echo "VAR1[${count2}]=${VAR1[${count2}]}"
   echo "VAR2[${count2}]=${VAR2[${count2}]}"
   (( count2 += 1))
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH uppercase conversion

How can I convert a variable to uppercase like ksh, typeset -u $1 in bash? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stringdom
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - batch processing folder of files by name

Hello Everyone!!! I need some help with a shellscript to batch process a folder of files with the imagemagick convert -append/+append command. The folder contains some hundred or thousand of small images in .png format which I would like to join together in order of their filenames. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imtombi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'batch conversion using lame' shell script

Hi. I am trying to write an sh script that will: 1. take each wav file in ~/Documents 2. convert each into mp3 format using "lame" encoder 3. save the new mp3 in ~/Documents/newmp3s. It has to follow the 3 steps in this order for each wav file before taking the next file. I tried a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingzy
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tftp batch mode within bash script

Hi, I put the necessary tftp commands into a batch file and I can run tftp by $ tftp < tftpbatchscript in bash command line and then successfully exit. Now, I want to put a line which does the same thing above. However, when I put this line into a bash script, the lines below this line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yildiz.a
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to rewrite scritp Bash into a batch

Hello, My Bash script is working but i dont know batch programing, anyone can help me? I dont want use programs to do this task, i will use in many computers... Bash: My work until now... BATCH: Thanks for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rodrocha
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion batch shell script

while converting batch file to shell script ...dis command is ther i dunno how to change...can anyone knws how to change into shell script rm !(D:\temp\XX.txt) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monisha
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to sh conversion

declare -i DEFINT=1 declare -i DEFDELAY=1 declare -i timeout=DEFTOUT declare -i interval=DEFINT declare -i delay=DEFDELAY if (($# == 0 || interval <= 0)); then printUsage exit 1 fi ( ((t = timeout)) while ((t > 0)); do sleep $interval kill -0 $$ ||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch to shell script conversion

Hi All, I have a small tool which is currently configured in batch scripts only. But my need is to run it on Linux platform, so I have been trying to convert a batch script to shell script. below is the batch script: @echo off IF "%1"== "" GOTO ARGERR REM UPDATE THESE PROPERTIES TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using BATCH to call a BASH script on CygWin

I am trying to use a batch file to automatically execute a bash script with no luck this far. The batch script looks like this: C:\Cygwin64\bin\bash test.sh I have also tried this: C:\Cygwin64\bin\bash "C:\Cygwin64\bin\test.sh" Needless to say that the windows box has Cygwin... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Windows Batch to Bash

This line is called in a windows batch file and I need to call the same 3 jars with Parms in a bash script. cd "D:\ACDRIP\JARS" java -cp ".\RIPError.jar;.\RIP31.jar;.\RIP31msg_en_US.jar" ResubmitErrors -Ahost -P185050 pause Any ideas how to do this in Bash? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
3 Replies
SYSPROFILE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     SYSPROFILE(8)

NAME
sysprofile - modular centralized shell configuration DESCRIPTION
sysprofile is a generic approach to configure shell settings in a modular and centralized way mostly aimed at avoiding work for lazy sysad- mins. It has only been tested to work with the bash shell. It basically consists of the small /etc/sysprofile shell script which invokes other small shell scripts having a .bash suffix which are contained in the /etc/sysprofile.d/ directory. The system administrator can drop in any script he wants without any naming convention other than that the scripts need to have a .bash suffix to enable automagic sourcing by /etc/sysprofile. This mechanism is set up by inserting a small shell routine into /etc/profile for login shells and optionally into /etc/bashrc and/or /etc/bash.bashrc for non-login shells from where the actual /etc/sysprofile script is invoked: if [ -f /etc/sysprofile ]; then . /etc/sysprofile fi For using "sysprofile" under X11, one can source it in a similar way from /etc/X11/Xsession or your X display manager's Xsession file to provide the same shell environment as under the console in X11. See the example files in /usr/share/doc/sysprofile/ for illustration. For usage of terminal emulators with a non-login bash shell under X11, take care to enable sysprofile via /etc/bash.bashrc. If not set this way, your terminal emulators won't come up with the environment defined by the scripts in /etc/sysprofile.d/. Users not wanting /etc/sysprofile to be sourced for their environment can easily disable it's automatic mechanism. It can be disabled by simply creating an empty file called $HOME/.nosysprofile in the user's home directory using e.g. the touch(1) command. Any single configuration file in /etc/sysprofile.d/ can be overridden by any user by creating a private $HOME/.sysprofile.d/ directory which may contain a user's own version of any configuration file to be sourced instead of the system default. It's names have just to match exactly the system's default /etc/sysprofile.d/ configuration files. Empty versions of these files contained in the $HOME/.syspro- file.d/ directory automatically disable sourcing of the system wide version. Naturally, users can add and include their own private script inventions to be automagically executed by /etc/sysprofile at login time. OPTIONS
There are no options other than those dictated by shell conventions. Anything is defined within the configuration scripts themselves. SEE ALSO
The README files and configuration examples contained in /etc/sysprofile.d/ and the manual pages bash(1), xdm(1x), xdm.options(5), and wdm(1x). Recommended further reading is everything related with shell programming. If you need a similar mechanism for executing code at logout time check out the related package syslogout(8) which is a very close compan- ion to sysprofile. BUGS
sysprofile in its current form is mainly restricted to bash(1) syntax. In fact it is actually a rather embarrassing quick and dirty hack than anything else - but it works. It serves the practical need to enable a centralized bash configuration until something better becomes available. Your constructive criticism in making this into something better" is very welcome. Before i forget to mention it: we take patches... ;-) AUTHOR
sysprofile was developed by Paul Seelig <pseelig@debian.org> specifically for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Feel free to port it to and use it anywhere else under the conditions of either the GNU public license or the BSD license or both. Better yet, please help to make it into something more worthwhile than it currently is. SYSPROFILE(8)