Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with write a master script to automatic 1000 process Post 302891257 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 4th of March 2014 03:28:43 PM
Old 03-04-2014
Unless we are missing something here your for .. do .. done loop will be like this:

Code:
for folder in [0-9]*
do
   if [ -d "$folder" ]
   then
      cd "$folder"
      sh run.sh > run_log
      cd ..
   fi
done

Why copy run.sh to each folder?
You should be able to load the script from any path e.g. sh ../run.sh > run_log or sh ~/bin/run.sh > run_log.
Is each slightly different in some way?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help to write script to check the process health and automatically restart it

I am working on a project, which need to constantly watch the process, and check its status, if it was dead, it should be restart automatically. Please kindly refer me to URL which teach how to write this kind of script, or service. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dragondad
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to process file in 1000 record increments

I have a file that varies in the # of records. I want to read 1000 records, do something, read the next 1000 records, do something, going in 1000 increment chunks, and then finish up with whatever is left over at end of file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tsamp
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[REQ] Automatic script kill process

HI, I'm using CentOS 5.1 x86_64, CPanel .. a lot of my users used too much resource, i want to write a script to kill all of them. Eg: LFD always notify me: Time: Sun Apr 27 07:40:08 2008 Account: xxxx (my user) Resource: Virtual Memory Size Exceeded: 110 > 100 (MB)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onisoc
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write an expect script to check if a process is running?

I'm new to expecting and i want to create a script to ssh to a device,check is a process is running and display that the process is running or not.This is what i have so far After executing this script i get an error. #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout -1 set ip "machine ip goes here" set... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: icchi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to write a script or program to automatic execute and link input file data

Output file template format <input_file_name>a</input_file_name> <total_length_size>b</total_length_size> <log_10_length_size>c</log_10_length_size> Input_file_1 (eg. sample.txt) SDFSDGDGSFGRTREREYWW Parameter: a is equal to the input file name b is equal to the total length of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

System not responding and Automatic process kill

Hi All, One of our servers stopped responding , unable to take any logins into it, the response is almost nil...later it resumed Also during this time one of our application processes which was costly on memory got killed..is it an OOM kill? Would like to know to know how to avoid such... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
4 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write Config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies
rmf(1mh)																  rmf(1mh)

Name
       rmf - remove folder

Syntax
       rmf [ +folder ] [ -help ] [ -[no]interactive ]

Description
       The  command  removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself.  If there are any files within the
       folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed.

You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument.  If you do not specify a folder, and cannot find  the
       current folder, asks you whether you want to delete instead.

If the current folder is removed, it makes current.

Note that the command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution.

If  the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and tells you that this has happened.  This
       provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list  and  returning  to  the  current
       folder from which the list was extracted.

Using to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder
       itself.	If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-interactive
       -nointeractive
		 Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder.  By default, deletes a folder and its messages without asking	for  confirmation.
		 If  you  specify  the	-interactive option, asks if you are sure before deleting the folder.  You are advised to use this option,
		 since when deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably.

Examples
       This example shows how asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used:
       % rmf -interactive +test
       Remove folder "test"? y

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine the user's Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       rmm(1mh)

rmf(1mh)