Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 7.1 on Power 750 is very slow with no high memory or process consumption Post 302891191 by -=XrAy=- on Tuesday 4th of March 2014 10:13:36 AM
Old 03-04-2014
At which point the SSH login hung? The Debug show no timestamps.

For a test with SSH vs. IPv6 you could enable the line ListenAddress 0.0.0.0 in the /etc/ssh/sshd_config and
restart the SSH-Daemon stopsrc -s sshd && startsrc -s sshd.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

High memory usage in AIX 5.1

Hi, We have AIX 5.1 machine of RAM 8 GB and paging space is 8GB. we are getting high memory usage of almost 99%.Can anybody please help in this ? Partial vmstat o/p kthr memory ----- ----------- r b avm fre 2 1 278727 1143 There is no paging issue.Becoz in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayakumarrt
5 Replies

2. Solaris

real memory consumption of a process

hi pmap, prstat and ps gives the RSS which is shared memory. I need to know the consumption of real memory. how to do that? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Slow printing / CUPS - process "parallel" high cpu

Hello. I have a slackware system running cups with an HP laserJet 2100 connected via parallel port in ECP mode. Print jobs are working. Very slowly. 15K test print out of cups takes about 2 minutes to complete. When the printout is on the way to the printer, the process "parallel" uses... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentrnge
0 Replies

4. AIX

Memory consumption issue in AIX box

Hi, monitor memory usage on AIX machine on any day of the week from 3:00 PM ET to 5:00 PM ET - Povide min and max memory consumption. Determine if all of the available memory is visible to the operating system. If it is not, determine the amount of memory which may be allocated to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rookie_newbie
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX resources consumption group by process pattern

Hi, I have AIX processes something as below, how to know the resources consumption group by process pattern "price" and "devdb"? eg: CPU RAM WIO price 20% 250M 5% devdb 30% 1000M 8% oracle 2990122 1 0 10:33:39 - 0:00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX memory usage always high

hi, I want to ask , my AIX 6.1 is always used about 97% memory. Is this normal ? or any command can free up memory like Linux ? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: virusxx
1 Replies

7. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Find out most memory consumption process in HP UX

Dear All, I want to find out top 15 memory consumption processes in HP UX. Can anyone give me any idea about it? Kauser (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies

9. AIX

High Paging when lots of free memory AIX 5.3

I am new to AIX, I have few AIX 5.3 servers and I could see there are significant difference in paging space utilization on servers even though they are running same applications below server is working fine which shows 2-5 % paging usage throuh out the day cpu_scale_memp = 8... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibish
12 Replies

10. Red Hat

Java process showing high virtual memory

Hi All, I have a java process which is showing high virtual memory utilization in client server. But the same process is showing comparitively lesser virtual memory consumption. I understand that virtual memory shown is not of much importance for the general user in normal condition, my client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mritusmoi
2 Replies
unbound(8)							   unbound 1.5.1							unbound(8)

NAME
unbound - Unbound DNS validating resolver 1.5.1. SYNOPSIS
unbound [-h] [-d] [-v] [-c cfgfile] DESCRIPTION
Unbound is a caching DNS resolver. It uses a built in list of authoritative nameservers for the root zone (.), the so called root hints. On receiving a DNS query it will ask the root nameservers for an answer and will in almost all cases receive a delegation to a top level domain (TLD) authoritative nameserver. It will then ask that nameserver for an answer. It will recursively continue until an answer is found or no answer is available (NXDO- MAIN). For performance and efficiency reasons that answer is cached for a certain time (the answer's time-to-live or TTL). A second query for the same name will then be answered from the cache. Unbound can also do DNSSEC validation. To use a locally running Unbound for resolving put nameserver 127.0.0.1 into resolv.conf(5). If authoritative DNS is needed as well using nsd(8), careful setup is required because authoritative nameservers and resolvers are using the same port number (53). The available options are: -h Show the version and commandline option help. -c cfgfile Set the config file with settings for unbound to read instead of reading the file at the default location, /var/unbound/unbound.conf. The syntax is described in unbound.conf(5). -d Debug flag: do not fork into the background, but stay attached to the console. This flag will also delay writing to the log file until the thread-spawn time, so that most config and setup errors appear on stderr. If given twice or more, logging does not switch to the log file or to syslog, but the log messages are printed to stderr all the time. -v Increase verbosity. If given multiple times, more information is logged. This is in addition to the verbosity (if any) from the config file. SEE ALSO
unbound.conf(5), unbound-checkconf(8), nsd(8). AUTHORS
Unbound developers are mentioned in the CREDITS file in the distribution. NLnet Labs Dec 8, 2014 unbound(8)