Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Batch to bash conversion
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Batch to bash conversion Post 302891158 by prasanna2166 on Tuesday 4th of March 2014 07:07:21 AM
Old 03-04-2014
Batch to bash conversion

Hi,

I am just trying to convert the batch script to bash script and i am stuck at one point where I have the below code

Code:
for /f "delims=" %%a in (a.txt) do (

for /f "tokens=1,2,3* delims==" %%i in ("%%a") do (
	  for /f "tokens=1,2,3* delims= " %%x in ("%%i") do (
	     if "%%x"=="Group" (
	       echo %%i

set VAR1=%%i
		  set VAR2=%%j

The above code just look for a word "Group" before "=" sign and if it is present it will assign the LHS to VAR1 and RHS to VAR2.

a.txt looks like below

Code:
Username = #, %, $, ^
Group 1= Group A
Group 2= Group F, Group G, Group H, Group I,Group J
Country = AUS, NEW, RUS, ITA

I am just wondering is there a way to do the same in bash scripting? can anyone help me?

Last edited by prasanna2166; 03-04-2014 at 11:34 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH uppercase conversion

How can I convert a variable to uppercase like ksh, typeset -u $1 in bash? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stringdom
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - batch processing folder of files by name

Hello Everyone!!! I need some help with a shellscript to batch process a folder of files with the imagemagick convert -append/+append command. The folder contains some hundred or thousand of small images in .png format which I would like to join together in order of their filenames. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imtombi
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'batch conversion using lame' shell script

Hi. I am trying to write an sh script that will: 1. take each wav file in ~/Documents 2. convert each into mp3 format using "lame" encoder 3. save the new mp3 in ~/Documents/newmp3s. It has to follow the 3 steps in this order for each wav file before taking the next file. I tried a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingzy
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tftp batch mode within bash script

Hi, I put the necessary tftp commands into a batch file and I can run tftp by $ tftp < tftpbatchscript in bash command line and then successfully exit. Now, I want to put a line which does the same thing above. However, when I put this line into a bash script, the lines below this line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yildiz.a
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to rewrite scritp Bash into a batch

Hello, My Bash script is working but i dont know batch programing, anyone can help me? I dont want use programs to do this task, i will use in many computers... Bash: My work until now... BATCH: Thanks for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rodrocha
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion batch shell script

while converting batch file to shell script ...dis command is ther i dunno how to change...can anyone knws how to change into shell script rm !(D:\temp\XX.txt) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monisha
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to sh conversion

declare -i DEFINT=1 declare -i DEFDELAY=1 declare -i timeout=DEFTOUT declare -i interval=DEFINT declare -i delay=DEFDELAY if (($# == 0 || interval <= 0)); then printUsage exit 1 fi ( ((t = timeout)) while ((t > 0)); do sleep $interval kill -0 $$ ||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch to shell script conversion

Hi All, I have a small tool which is currently configured in batch scripts only. But my need is to run it on Linux platform, so I have been trying to convert a batch script to shell script. below is the batch script: @echo off IF "%1"== "" GOTO ARGERR REM UPDATE THESE PROPERTIES TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using BATCH to call a BASH script on CygWin

I am trying to use a batch file to automatically execute a bash script with no luck this far. The batch script looks like this: C:\Cygwin64\bin\bash test.sh I have also tried this: C:\Cygwin64\bin\bash "C:\Cygwin64\bin\test.sh" Needless to say that the windows box has Cygwin... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Windows Batch to Bash

This line is called in a windows batch file and I need to call the same 3 jars with Parms in a bash script. cd "D:\ACDRIP\JARS" java -cp ".\RIPError.jar;.\RIP31.jar;.\RIP31msg_en_US.jar" ResubmitErrors -Ahost -P185050 pause Any ideas how to do this in Bash? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
3 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)