Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extract data from a file and store it in a variable Post 302891025 by scott_cog on Monday 3rd of March 2014 10:31:07 AM
Old 03-03-2014
thanks alot Corona688 for your response.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store Data in a File

I want to read a data from a read command and store it in a file...... Plz send me how I can do that Ex: read val and I want to store this val in a file called temp. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_sicsr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

store the first line of a file in a variable

i have to store the files in a folder and assign a variable to the the files. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using GREP/AWK to extract a number and store it as a variable

Hello, I have a question regarding the awk command. Here is the line I need to grep: 1 F= -.13250138E+03 E0= -.13249556E+03 d E =-.174650E-01 mag= 35.2157 Instead of displaying the number in red I would like to store it as a variable such as X. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: modey3
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

store the table data in excel file

Hello - I have a below table and i want to extract the data into excel sheet and send to different location. Here is the table structure... SQL> desc t_i1_exportdocs Name Null? Type ----------------------------------------- --------... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
11 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Retrieving data from a database and store to a file

Hi I'm using and Oracle 10g Database. I want to write a script to retrieve data from the database and store it toa file. I'm using simple sql statements such as Select * from celltable I don't know how to specify the database name etc. I have this but it doesn't work ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

6. Programming

How to extract data from CVS log files and store it in database ?

Am currently working on CVS projects .. I have generated the cvs log file which is in the RCS file format . .I want to extract file path ,total revision ,date ,author and message from that file . .I want a program in java which would extract the data from cvs log file. .Pls help me out.. My... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EVERSOFT
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store Large data in Variable in csh

Hi All, This is my first post!! :) How to store huge data in a single variable in csh. Right now i can store upto ~700kb of data. I still want to store more data and i dont want to use perl. Is there any method to store like that...Please let me know.. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a string from a file and store it in variable

Hi, I've a file ImageSizeDetails.txt with the following contents: Image Name: swncd 01.10.00.04 Created: Wed Jan 9 14:05:48 2013 Image Type: ARM Linux Multi-File Image (gzip compressed) Data Size: 7351011 Bytes = 7178.72 kB = 7.01 MB Load Address: 00008000 Entry Point: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parameswaran
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the data from tag below asssigned the variable

Sample data file. UID=12_C_S_12_PrecisionMktg^12_C_S_12_PrecisionMktg_LinkList NameField=LINK_NAME ExternalTrackingField=EXTERNAL_TRACKING CategoryField=LINK_CATEGORY URLField=LINK_URL UID=12_PrecisionMktg^FILTER_12_C_S_12_PrecisionMktg comma=,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store file name in a variable?

Hi All, Daily I am generating a file dfm_daily_file_ ex: dfm_daily_file_05072015 date will be changed daily. Once the file is FTP it is deleted. I have tried the below code to get the file name with any date and store it in a variable its not working. #!/bin/ksh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
4 Replies
mms_rsp_type(3MMS)				     Media Management System Library Functions					mms_rsp_type(3MMS)

NAME
mms_rsp_type, mms_get_tree, mms_get_str, mms_get_attribute, mms_handle_err_rsp - MMS client functions for handling responses SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag...] file... -lmms [ library...] #include <mms_api.h> int mms_rsp_type(void *response); mms_par_node_t *mms_get_tree(void *response); char *mms_get_str(void *response); char *mms_get_attribute(void *response, char *name, void **prev); int mms_handle_err_response(void *response, int * class, int * code, char **message); DESCRIPTION
For these functions, response is the MMS response to an MMP command sent by the client. The mms_rsp_type() macro returns the type of the response. The following is a list of responses: MMS_API_RSP_UNACC unacceptable response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL success response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_INTR intermediate response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_ERR error response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_CANC cancelled response The mms_get_tree() macro returns the parse tree of the response. The mms_get_str() macro returns the response string. The mms_get_attribute() function takes a response with name values looking for name, and returning the value associated with it. A client can call this function multiple times if the response contains multiple instances of name. When all occurrences of name have been found, NULL is returned. The mms_handle_err_rsp() function processes an error response on behalf of the client. It returns the error class, error code, and the internationalized error message if one was included. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, mms_handle_err_rsp() returns MMS_API_OK. If it encounters a processing error, it returns an error code indicat- ing the type of error. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: MMS_API_ERROR Unable to obtain error class or code. MMS_API_NOT_ERR_RSP Response is not an error response. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libmms(3LIB), mms_init(3MMS), mms_send_cmd(3MMS), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Oct 2008 mms_rsp_type(3MMS)