Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python Output Displaying Horizontal Post 302890960 by SriniShoo on Sunday 2nd of March 2014 09:50:30 PM
Old 03-02-2014
use printf instead of print
This User Gave Thanks to SriniShoo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Script command with output

How do you display the script command for a particular output result? Is there an editor that will allow for an echo or sysout of the script that causes an output result? We have hundreds of lines in the script, which we would like to see along with the output, and don't want to have to put in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JeDi
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying output in a table.

Hello, I've just finished my first script (about displaying open ports on the computer and who opened them) and everything is fine with it but I want to style it a little bit just for the sake of learning how to do this. What I want to do is make the display like the one of ps, for example,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanchopansa
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying output from df -k in GB instead of KB

Hello all, Code below: echo "Oracle Filesystems" echo "------------------" echo for j in `df -l -k |grep total|grep ora|grep -v storage|grep -v vg00|awk '{print $1}'` do echo $j is `df -l -k $j |grep total|grep ora|grep -v storage|grep -v vg00|awk -F":" '{print $2}'|awk '{print $1}'` KB... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Output in Columns

I'm writing a script to analyze the logs of an smtp relay machine and I'd like the final output to be displayed in columns showing results from the previous day, week, month, and 45 days. The problem I'm running into is that I can't figure out how to display the columns neatly so there is no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjamd64
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting isql output to horizontal format

Hi I am formatting informix isql output(vertical) to horizontal format. Suppose I have the following content in the flat file from isql output - item_nbr 0 usfn_label Subscriber Class usfn_name SBCLASS usfn_value bl5 item_nbr 1 usfn_label Switch Name usfn_name switchName... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsinha
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Parameter value not displaying

Hi all, Below is my shell script that calls a stored procedure(with output parameter) I have tried executing this script but it doesn't display the output parameter value. Can anyone help me ? :( #!/bin/bash ###############################################################################... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saviochacko
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying a column in horizontal line separated by ', '

cat my.log blah blah blah < 1 djfh jsdfhk jksdfh < 2 dshkfl opeir pqowi < 4 khasd wouipeui say i am perfroming some action similar to below... cat my.log | egrep "<" | awk -F' ' '{print $2}' | grep -v "" it gives output as below 1 2 4 is there anyway to modify above same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output with horizontal formats

// AIX 5.3 & 6.1 This command powermt display dev=all returns the output of Pseudo name=hdiskpower50 Symmetrix ID=000190101757 Logical device ID=05F0 state=alive; policy=SymmOpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0 ==============================================================================... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All, I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form 1). Intercomponents Checking Passed: All Server are passed. ====================================================================== 2). OS version Checking... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! output format from vertical to horizontal

Hi All, please help to achieve the desired output Example: I have a file which contains the below data empname robert empid 787 design consultant empname alex empid 898 design advocate Desired output should be empname empid design robert 787 consultant (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky2013
19 Replies
IDLE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   IDLE(1)

NAME
IDLE - An Integrated DeveLopment Environment for Python SYNTAX
idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] [ file ...] idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] ( -c cmd | -r file ) [ arg ...] idle [ -dins ] [ -t title ] - [ arg ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the idle command. This manual page was written for Debian because the original program does not have a manual page. For more information, refer to IDLE's help menu. IDLE is an Integrated DeveLopment Environment for Python. IDLE is based on Tkinter, Python's bindings to the Tk widget set. Features are 100% pure Python, multi-windows with multiple undo and Python colorizing, a Python shell window subclass, a debugger. IDLE is cross-plat- form, i.e. it works on all platforms where Tk is installed. OPTIONS
-h Print this help message and exit. -n Run IDLE without a subprocess (see Help/IDLE Help for details). The following options will override the IDLE 'settings' configuration: -e Open an edit window. -i Open a shell window. The following options imply -i and will open a shell: -c cmd Run the command in a shell, or -r file Run script from file. -d Enable the debugger. -s Run $IDLESTARTUP or $PYTHONSTARTUP before anything else. -t title Set title of shell window. A default edit window will be bypassed when -c, -r, or - are used. [arg]* and [file]* are passed to the command (-c) or script (-r) in sys.argv[1:]. EXAMPLES
idle Open an edit window or shell depending on IDLE's configuration. idle foo.py foobar.py Edit the files, also open a shell if configured to start with shell. idle -est "Baz" foo.py Run $IDLESTARTUP or $PYTHONSTARTUP, edit foo.py, and open a shell window with the title "Baz". idle -c "import sys; print sys.argv" "foo" Open a shell window and run the command, passing "-c" in sys.argv[0] and "foo" in sys.argv[1]. idle -d -s -r foo.py "Hello World" Open a shell window, run a startup script, enable the debugger, and run foo.py, passing "foo.py" in sys.argv[0] and "Hello World" in sys.argv[1]. echo "import sys; print sys.argv" | idle - "foobar" Open a shell window, run the script piped in, passing '' in sys.argv[0] and "foobar" in sys.argv[1]. SEE ALSO
python(1). AUTHORS
Various. 21 September 2004 IDLE(1)