Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove newlines
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remove newlines Post 302890772 by Suneelbabu.etl on Friday 28th of February 2014 01:09:32 PM
Old 02-28-2014
Network Remove newline

i checked all commands, but those r not working properly..
requirement is...I have csv file. that have duplicates also like
INPUT
Code:
no,name,band,sal
1,"suneel",,10
1,"ravi
kumar",,20
2,"
bang dulba",,20

OUTPUT
Code:
no,name,band,sal
1,"suneel",,10
2,"ravi kumar",,20
2,"bang dulba",,20

using shell script or commnad, how to solve this, plz help me.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-28-2014 at 03:58 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - need to remove unwanted newlines on match

Context: I need to remove unwanted newlines from a data file listing books and associated data. Here is a sample listing ( line numbers included ): 1 360762| Skip-beat! 14 /| 9781421517544| nb | 2008.| Nakamura, Yoshiki.| NAKAMUR | Kyoko Mogami followed 2 her true love Sho to Tokyo to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose with two newlines as delimiter

Hi Guys, I have data in a file as follows: a 1 2 3 b 4 5 6 a 6 7 8 a 4 7 9 b 6 8 5 c 0 8 7 So the number of rows which have data is variable (2 for the first group, one for the second group and three for the third group), but the delimiters between the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove improperly placed newlines

Hello, there. I have a file that's a horrible, horrible mess. (Basically, it's an export from a firewall config.) The people who generated the file didn't think that putting a newline in the middle of a hostname would ever be a problem. It is. Here's an example of the stuff in the file: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikesimone
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove newlines and spaces

Hi all, i am getting count from oracle 11g by spooling it to a file. Now there are some newline characters and blank spaces i need to remove these. pl provide me a awk/sed solution. the spooled file is attached. i tried this.. but not getting req o/p (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishav
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete newlines after every one space

Hi All, I have a file which looks like this: abc 3456 computer 3214 printer 0.9823 computer 3214 Can anyone please let me know how I can format my text like this? abc 3456 computer 3214 printer 0.9823 computer 3214 I know how to space to newlines using tr but don't know how to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing newlines after a certain word.

Hello! This is my first post here. I have a file with text like: A</title> B C</title> D I need to format it to: AB CD I am trying to use sed: sed 's/<//title>\n/ /g' file > newfile to delete </title> and the newline character, but the file is unchanged because there are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaytonCPS
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with eliminating newlines with Perl

Good morning, I need some help with getting rid of newlines with the output from a MYSQL query and putting the information into the right format that I need. Here is the script as it is today: #!/usr/bin/perl my $uda = system("/opt/incontrol/mysql/bin/mysql -u root -ppassword... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using find with awk to remove newlines

I want to list all html files present in a directory tree, the remove the newline and get one string with a space between files find /home/chrisd/Desktop/seg/geohtml/ -name '*.html' | awk BEGIN{FS=\r} '{print}' ---------- Post updated at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:25 PM... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove newlines and carriage return from a csv file using UNIX

I need to remove new lines and carriage returns from csv file. Is there anything other than sed and gwak by which we could achieve this ? Any suggestions ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A_Gaddale
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file with Newlines

Hi Friends, I have a data file with new lines. How to remove the newlines and should be showed in one line. I tried using the command tr -d '\n' filename sed 's/\n//g' file name Ex: 1 abc hyd is actual record but in our scenario showing it as 1 abc hydthis record should be like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
5 Replies
GAPPLETVIEWER(1)                                                        GNU                                                       GAPPLETVIEWER(1)

NAME
gappletviewer - Load and runs an applet SYNOPSIS
appletviewer [OPTION]... URL... appletviewer [OPTION]... -code CODE appletviewer [OPTION]... -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT DESCRIPTION
The appletviewer tool loads and runs an applet. Use the first form to test applets specified by tag. The URL should resolve to an HTML document from which the appletviewer will extract applet tags. The APPLET, EMBED and OBJECT tags are supported. If a given document contains multiple applet tags, all the applets will be loaded, with each applet appearing in its own window. Likewise, when multiple URLs are specified, each applet tag instance is given its own window. If a given document contains no recognized tags the appletviewer does nothing. appletviewer http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/ Use the second form to test an applet in development. This form allows applet tag attributes to be supplied on the command line. Only one applet may be specified using the -code option. The -code option overrides the URL form -- any URLs specified will be ignored. appletviewer -code Test.class -param datafile,data.txt gcjwebplugin uses the third form to communicate with the appletviewer through named pipes. OPTIONS
URL OPTIONS -debug This option is not yet implemented but is provided for compatibility. -encoding CHARSET Use this option to specify an alternate character encoding for the specified HTML page. APPLET TAG OPTIONS -code CODE Use the -code option to specify the value of the applet tag CODE attribute. -codebase CODEBASE Use the -codebase option to specify the value of the applet tag CODEBASE attribute. -archive ARCHIVE Use the -archive option to specify the value of the applet tag ARCHIVE attribute. -width WIDTH Use the -width option to specify the value of the applet tag WIDTH attribute. -height HEIGHT Use the -height option to specify the value of the applet tag HEIGHT attribute. -param NAME,VALUE Use the -param option to specify values for the NAME and VALUE attributes of an applet PARAM tag. PLUGIN OPTION -plugin INPUT,OUTPUT gcjwebplugin uses the -plugin option to specify the named pipe the appletviewer should use for receiving commands (INPUT) and the one it should use for sending commands to gcjwebplugin (OUTPUT). DEBUGGING OPTION -verbose Use the -verbose option to have the appletviewer print debugging messages. STANDARD OPTIONS -help Use the -help option to have the appletviewer print a usage message, then exit. -version Use the -version option to have the appletviewer print its version, then exit. -JOPTION Use the -J option to pass OPTION to the virtual machine that will run the appletviewer. Unlike other options, there must not be a space between the -J and OPTION. BUGS
SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
0.98 2010-07-05 GAPPLETVIEWER(1)