Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to trim the file names?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to trim the file names? Post 302890767 by Ariean on Friday 28th of February 2014 12:02:23 PM
Old 02-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
Code:
file="FCBTexas_2013_12_31_16_V2.5_Masked.xml.filepart"

echo "${file%.*}"

how do i just get the extention only the "filepart", i am also trying to get it on my side, please help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

trim file name extension????

Dear Chaps, What will I do if, I am not sure about the length of the file name, but only one thing that I want to remove only the last extension. e.g. abcdXXXXXX.pqrXXXXX.asc (X is any character) I want to trim only .asc (or,watever) so that resultant file name would be like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishal_ranjan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trim file

Hi, I have a 6G log , which is unusual to read and I want to minimize it by removing some part on the upper portion( around 4GB). what should i do? can you please help me? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

trim spaces in a file

Hi, I'm new to shell programming. Need some help in the following requirement: I have a file origFile.txt with values: origFile.txt .00~ 145416.02~ xyz~ ram kishor .35~ 765.76~ anh reid~ kishna kerry Now each row in the file has value for 4 columns with "~" as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrimohanty
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trim pathname of the file

I am capturing the files in a directory to an array. I have 2 arrays with list of files in two different directories. Both the directories are supposed to have the same number of files and filenames. I want to check that the same file exists in both the directories. After I capture the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sangtha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

right trim at end of file

Hi, I'have a file as below I need to replace the comma at the end of the file into ) as below Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

right trim at end of file

Hi, I'have a file as below I need to replace the comma at the end of the file into ) as below Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dvah
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trim file using filename

I want to remove first xx letters from filename_xx . How is that possible using linux. I have many files where xx could be same in many but filename is always unique. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keysoon
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trim a file columnwise

Hi All, I want to trim each columns leading & trailing (like sql trim function) of a ',' separated file.. I've a file like this.. manab , c gi lucky , home babu , maa I want the output as manab,c gi lucky,home babu,maa A one liner would be a great help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manab86
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)