Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking [SOLVED] AFWall+ iptables help Post 302890549 by Corona688 on Thursday 27th of February 2014 11:28:58 AM
Old 02-27-2014
Well, the same principle ought to work on the client side, but if you're doing this in Android, you have a whole lot less control. It seems doubtful your manufacturer would have bothered including firewall functionality in the kernel.

You could ask your neighbor to change their password Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem Solved

Generally, most people, I guess, go from 5.3 ML4 Directly to TL 7. So they may never run into this issue. For the rest of us, here is the resolution of my problem in going from ML6 to TL7. Apparently with the change from ML to TL IBM added a "BuildDate Verification" routine into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[SOLVED] No INPUT chain on nat table in iptables

Hello, I'm having problem with an iptables rule. It seems that on one of two systems on the nat table, the INPUT chain doesn't exist for some strange reason. I get the error below: # iptables -t nat -A INPUT -j ACCEPT iptables: No chain/target/match by that name. Here is my kernel on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to use delimiter

Hi, I am using below script to get the below given output. But i am wondering how to pick the names from below output. Script: echo "dis ql(*) cluster(CT.CL.RIBRSBT3)"| runmqsc CT.QM.701t8|egrep QUEUE|sed -e 's/QUEUE(/ /'|sed -e 's/)/ /' Output: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Permutation

Hi, I am trying to permutate each column (Except for IDS). file.txt FID IID TOAST1 TOAST2 TOAST3 ID3 ID3 1 -9 2 ID4 ID4 2 1 1 ID1 ID1 -9 -9 1 ID8 ID8 1 1 -9 ID12 ID12 1 2 2 for toast1 column, there are two 1's, two 2's and one -9. Having the same number of denominations,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Not able to do a chroot.

Hi all, I have two doms on my machine. I boot my machine from an rfs in one dom1 and mount the other rfs in the other dom2 at /media. Now I wanted to restrict access of users on dom2 to only their home directories. I do not want them to access any other directories on dom1 or dom2. So I mounted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai2krishna
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] For loop help

Hello, This is really breaking my head. I request you help to solve this problem. I have a list of files at the source directory (/tmp) as below, NewTransfer_20131202_APAC.dat NewTransferFile_20131202_APAC.dat NewTransfer_20131203_APAC.dat NewTransferFile_20131203_APAC.dat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravicha
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Tru64 vm

Hi, One of our old Digital Alpha Server has died (CPU Failure). I want to recover a file from that server. Backups were done via Networker, however, cross platform recovery is not supported and I don't have any other TRU64 server available. Is there a VM or Emulator available which can get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
1 Replies
pam_pwcheck(8)							 Reference Manual						    pam_pwcheck(8)

NAME
pam_pwcheck - PAM module for password strength checking DESCRIPTION
The pam_pwcheck is a PAM module for password strength checking. It makes additional checks upon password changes, but does not perform the change itself. It only provides functionality for one PAM management group: password changing. This module works in the following manner: if enabled, it first calls the Cracklib routine to check the strength of the password; if crack likes the password, the module does an additional set of strength checks. These checks are: Palindrome Is the new password a palindrome of the old one? Case Change Only Is the new password the old one with only a change of case? Similar Is the new password too similar to old one? Simple Is the new password too short? Rotated Is the new password a rotated version of the old password? Already used Was the password used in the past? Previously used passwords are to be found in /etc/security/opasswd. OPTIONS
The following options may be passed to the module: cracklib=<path to dictionaries> Use cracklib library for password checks. This parameter also contains the path to the cracklib dictionaries. The default is /usr/lib/cracklib_dict. debug A lot of debug information is printed with syslog(3). maxlen=number Number of significant characters in the password for crypt(3). A value of zero suppresses this check. The default is 0. minlen=number The minimum number of characters in an acceptable password. A new password with fewer characters will be rejected. A value of zero suppresses this check. The default is 5. no_obscure_checks No additional checks will be performed before a new password is accepted. Since the checks performed are fairly simple, their usage is recommended. not_set_pass If this option is given, pam_pwcheck will not make the new password available for other modules. nullok Normally the account is disabled if no password is set or if the length of the password is zero. With this option you can allow the user to change his password for such accounts. This option does not overwrite a hardcoded default by the calling process. tries=number Maximum number of attempts to change a password if the new ones are rejected because they are too easy. use_authtok Set the new password to the one provided by the previously stacked password module. If this option is not set, pam_pwcheck will ask the user for the new password. use_first_pass By default pam_pwcheck tries to get the authentication token from a previous module. If no token is available, the user is asked for the old password. With this option, pam_pwcheck aborts with an error if no authentication token from a previous module is available. remember=XX Remember the last XX passwords and do not allow the user to reuse any of these for the next XX password changes. XX is a number between 1 and 400. enforce_for_root If this option is set, most of the password check rules are enforced for root, too. Never use this option if you don't know what you are doing, since it could be as result that root is no longer allowed to login at all. FILES
/etc/security/opasswd SEE ALSO
passwd(1), pam.conf(8), pam.d(8), pam(8), rpasswd(1), rpasswdd(8), rpc.yppasswdd(8), yppasswd(1) pam_pwcheck September 2008 pam_pwcheck(8)