Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Solved] sed command help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] sed command help Post 302890513 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 27th of February 2014 07:36:13 AM
Old 02-27-2014
Awk version:
Code:
awk '{print "UM",$1,x,x,x,x,$2,0}' OFS=, file

or
Code:
awk '{print "UM," $1 ",,,,," $2 ",0"}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

can this been solved with awk and sed?

Hi Masters, ___________________________________________________________________________________ Group of orthologs #1. Best score 3010 bits Score difference with first non-orthologous sequence - yeast:3010 human:2754 YHR165C 100.00% PRP8_HUMAN 100.00%... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskcc
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solved: AWK SED HELP

Hi, I need to process a file as below. Could you please help to achieve that using awk/sed commands. Input file: --------------- AB | "abcdef 12345" | 7r5561451.pdf PQRST | "fghfghf hgkjgtjhghb ghhgjhg hghjghg " | 76er6ry.pdf 12345 | "fghfgcv uytdywe bww76 jkh7dscbc 78 : nvchtry hbuyt"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viveksr
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] how to separate using sed !

dears, hope evryone doing good in his work , i have a question about something important : how can i use 'sed' so in a script automatically it will take an enter before the number 1 in this line so 2 commands will be taken insted of one big command ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] My sed command not give me a satisfy result

This is my command echo "Test" | sed -f <(sed -e 's/.*/s,&,gI/' mydic) In mydic file,containing 2 columns delimit by comma (,) a,AlphabetA . . . e,AlphabetE . . s,AlphabetS . t,AlphabetT test,testedd . . zebra,zebraaaa The expect result is testedd (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Runicer
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved]Help with a sed command

So I have a bunch of strings in a file. Example Line ./prcol/trt/conf/conf-app/jobdefinition/trt-pre-extr-trt-step.jdef Intended Result pre-extr-trt-step So far I have parsed it out to the last bit, echo $line | cut -d'/' -f7 | cut -d. -f1Result trt-pre-extr-trt-step So I added a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J-Man
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] sed command

Help request, I have tsted this line of code for hours. The first line works and the second line returns the message " sed: command garbled.....". This is running on solaris. The "${} variables all have good values when echoed. ## /bin/sed -n '1,25p' ${file} >> ${MailFile} ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: millerg225
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] sed -i not available in solaris 5.10

Hi All, i'm writing a script where i have to grep for a pattern and the 3 lines after the pattern and comment them out. Note that i have to do this for multiple files, i am able to grep the pattern and the next 3 lines but since solaris does not recognize the -i option, i was wondering if... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] SED - Bash - Inserting multi Tab character in the command

Hello. I am using : sed -i -e '/§name_script§/a#'"${MY_TAB11}"'# \ #'"${MY_TAB1}"'The Standard way'"${MY_TAB7}"'# \ #'"${MY_TAB1}"'==============='"${MY_TAB7}"'# \ ' "$CUR_FILE" Is there a better way to define "MY_TAB7","MY_TAB11" in other way than : MY_TAB1=$'\t' MY_TAB2=${MY_TAB1}$'\t'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sed error - multiple number options to `s' command

Hi All, I am having two files (file1 & file2) and a filelist.txt file below. file1: $$STRINGVAR1=5 $$STRINGVAR2=10 $$LAST_UPD_DT_TBL1=12/12/2010 12:00:00 $$STRINGVAR3=100 $$LAST_UPD_DT_TBL2=01/01/2010 12:00:00... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chandru_Raj
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] sed

sed -e 's/console/raw/g' this command will replace the letter pradeep with rawat what if i want to replace a word like FRIENDS with a space simultaneously from the same file i m replacing pradeep. im doing this sed -e 's/console/raw/g' && sed 's/FRIENDS//g' but i dono why this is not happening. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: console
2 Replies
quota(2)							System Calls Manual							  quota(2)

Name
       quota - manipulate disk quotas

Syntax
       #include <sys/types.h>
       #include <sys/param.h>
       #include <sys/quota.h>

quota(cmd, uid, arg, addr)
       int cmd, uid, arg;
       caddr_t addr;

Description
       The  call manipulates disk quotas for file systems that have had quotas enabled with The cmd parameter indicates a command in the following
       list that is applied to the user ID uid.  The arg parameter is a command specific argument and addr is the address of an optional,  command
       specific  data  structure,  which  is copied in or out of the system.  The interpretation of arg and addr is given with each command in the
       list that follows:

Q_SETDLIM
	      Set disk quota limits and current usage for the user with ID uid.  The arg parameter is a major-minor device indicating a particular
	      file  system.   The addr parameter is a pointer to a struct dqblk structure, defined in <sys/quota.h>.  Only the superuser can issue
	      this call.

Q_GETDLIM
	      Get disk quota limits and current use for the user with ID uid.  The remaining parameters are identical  to  the	Q_SETDLIM  command
	      parameters.

Q_SETDUSE
	      Set  disk  use limits for the user with ID uid.  The arg parameter is a major-minor device indicating a particular file system.  The
	      addr is a pointer to a struct dqusage structure, defined in <sys/quota.h>.  Only the superuser can issue this call.

Q_SYNC Update the on-disk copy of quota uses.  The uid, arg, and addr parameters are ignored.

Q_SETUID
	      Change the calling process's quota limits to those of the user with ID uid.  The arg and addr  parameters  are  ignored.	 Only  the
	      superuser can issue this call.

Q_SETWARN
	      Alter  the disk usage warning limits for the user with ID uid.  The arg is a major-minor device indicating a particular file system.
	      The addr parameter is a pointer to a struct dqwarn structure, which is defined in <sys/quota.h>.	Only the superuse can  issue  this
	      call.

Q_DOWARN
	      Warn  the user with user ID uid about excessive disk use.  This call causes the system to check its current disk use information and
	      print a message on the terminal of the caller for each file system on which the user is over quota.  If the arg parameter is  speci-
	      fied  as	NODEV,	all  file systems that have disk quotas are checked.  Otherwise, arg indicates a specific major-minor device to be
	      checked.	Only the superuser can issue this call.

Return Values
       A successful call returns 0 and, possibly, more information specific to the command specified in the cmd parameter; when an  error  occurs,
       the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the reason.

Diagnostics
       A quota call fails when one of the following occurs:

[EINVAL]       The kernel has not been compiled with the QUOTA option.

[EINVAL]       The cmd parameter is invalid.

[ESRCH]	      No disk quota is found for the indicated user.

[EPERM]	      Only the superuser can issue the call and the caller is not the superuser.

[ENODEV]       The arg parameter is being interpreted as a major-minor device, and it indicates an unmounted file system.

[EFAULT]       An invalid addr parameter is supplied; the associated structure could not be copied in or out of the kernel.

[EUSERS]       The quota table is full.

See Also
       "Disk Quotas in a UNIX Environment", ULTRIX Supplementary Documents, Volume 3:System Manager

quota(2)