Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing the pattern of the file names in 2 different directories Post 302890495 by Subbeh on Thursday 27th of February 2014 05:45:47 AM
Old 02-27-2014
Hi shadow_fawkes,

1. Why does it have to be done in Perl?
2. Have you tried anything already? We can help you, but we can't build the whole script
3. As your previous post suggested it was urgent, you might be better of hiring a consultant on sites like oDesk to do the job quickly

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare File Names in Different Directories...

I do not know much about shell scripting and need to create a script and I am at a loss. If someone can help me, that would be great!! I have two directories: /dir1 /dir2 I need to get the sequence number which is part of the filename in /dir1 and delete all files in /dir2 that are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stky13
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing file names to text document

Hi All, I'm really new to Unix scripts and commands but i think i'm eventually getting the hang of some of it. I have a task which is to create some kind of script which compares the file names in a directory, with the associated file name in a .txt file. We send out some data and Unix has a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gman
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove repeating pattern from beginning of file names.

I want a shell script that will traverse a file system starting at specific path. And look at all file names for repeating sequences of and remove them from the file name. The portion of the name that gets removed has to be a repeating sequence of the same characters. So the script would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z399y
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find pattern in file names?

I have some files, those are abbreviated (ed,ea, and bi) company_ed_20100719.txt company_ea_20100719.txt company_bi_20100719.txt I would like to rename these files by replacing ed with EmployeeDetails ea with EmployeeAddress bi with BankInfomration as company_... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing File Names

Hi All , I am new to UNIX. I have a requirement where user transfers 10-15 files into a directory "/upload". File name will be like T1234_H and T1234_D or R1234_H and R1234_D . The _H and _D files are associated to each other.They must always be together in the server. Once the files are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raviteja_B
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Comparing directories and file from a text file

Hello all, I need to write a script which has following requirement: Need to read the filenames from text file and then search for the above read files in the required directory and if match found backup them in a backup folder. And also need to compare and verify whether the files in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

**URGENT ** : Comparing the pattern of the file names in 2 different directories

Hi, I have got a requirement for which i need your help. The following problem is required to get solved in PERL SCRIPT. Here is the requirement. There are 4 folders say SRC_DIR1, SRC_DIR2 and TGT_DIR_1,TGT_DIR_2 (Note: both path of SRC_DIR1 & SRC_DIR2 are different but both path of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadow_fawkes
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Consternation of multiple file names based on naming pattern

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing file names with different extensions

Hello, I need some help. I have files in one and the same directory, but with different extensions, like this: file1.IN file2.IN file3.IN file1.OUT file2.OUT Apparently some files with OUT extension can be missing. So I want to compare *.IN and *.OUT, ignoring the extension and get result... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLINIT(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)

NAME
dh_installinit - install upstart jobs or init scripts into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installinit [debhelperoptions] [--name=name] [-n] [-R] [-r] [-d] [-O] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installinit is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing upstart job files or init scripts with associated defaults files into package build directories, and in the former case providing compatibility handling for non-upstart systems. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm and prerm commands needed to set up the symlinks in /etc/rc*.d/ and to start and stop the init scripts. FILES
debian/package.upstart If this exists, it is installed into etc/init/package.conf in the package build directory. debian/package.init Otherwise, if this exists, it is installed into etc/init.d/package in the package build directory. debian/package.default If this exists, it is installed into etc/default/package in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts. -o, --onlyscripts Only modify postinst/postrm/prerm scripts, do not actually install any init script, default files, or upstart job. May be useful if the init script or upstart job is shipped and/or installed by upstream in a way that doesn't make it easy to let dh_installinit find it. If no upstart job file is installed in the target directory when dh_installinit --onlyscripts is called, this program will assume that an init script is being installed and not provide the compatibility symlinks or upstart dependencies. -R, --restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the init script until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is different than the default behavior, which stops the script in the prerm, and starts it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. -r, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop init script on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the init script on install or upgrade, or stop it on removal. Only call update-rc.d. Useful for rcS scripts. -d, --remove-d Remove trailing d from the name of the package, and use the result for the filename the upstart job file is installed as in etc/init/ , or for the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d and the default file is installed as in etc/default/ . This may be useful for daemons with names ending in d. (Note: this takes precedence over the --init-script parameter described below.) -uparams --update-rcd-params=params -- params Pass params to update-rc.d(8). If not specified, defaults will be passed to update-rc.d(8). --name=name Install the upstart job file or the init script (and default file) using the filename name instead of the default filename, which is the package name. When this parameter is used, dh_installinit looks for and installs files named debian/package.name.upstart, debian/package.name.init and debian/package.name.default, instead of the usual debian/package.upstart, debian/package.init and debian/package.default. --init-script=scriptname Use scriptname as the filename the init script is installed as in etc/init.d/ (and also use it as the filename for the defaults file, if it is installed). If you use this parameter, dh_installinit will look to see if a file in the debian/ directory exists that looks like package.scriptname and if so will install it as the init script in preference to the files it normally installs. This parameter is deprecated, use the --name parameter instead. This parameter will be ignored completely for upstart jobs. --upstart-only Only install an upstart job file, and do not include maintainer script code to replace an init script with that upstart job. This parameter is intended for use when the "package.upstart" file is new and only to be used on Upstart-based systems. --error-handler=function Call the named shell function if running the init script fails. The function should be provided in the prerm and postinst scripts, before the #DEBHELPER# token. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHORS
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@canonical.com> Scott James Remnant <scott@canonical.com> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLINIT(1)