Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk Script Output in Outlook Formatting Issue Post 302890414 by Corona688 on Wednesday 26th of February 2014 03:04:48 PM
Old 02-26-2014
Microsoft Word (often used inside Outlook) may be autocorrecting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Script Output

Hello all, Can somebody please offer some advice. I'm working on a small script to list all packages on the local and remote systems and need it in the following format. Machine Name, Package, Version Here is what i have so far but i can't seem to get the output of the hostname to loop to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about formatting output using AWK

Hi everyone. I've got this fille... 0 5000001 5000002 5000003 5000006 5000007 5000219 11000156 11003130 11003132and this script... #!/bin/ksh FILE_ALERT_CONTACT_LIST=users.txt userID=`awk -F"=" '{printf $1 ", "}' $FILE_ALERT_CONTACT_LIST` (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fatbob
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output of a script

Dear readers, I have a script that counts the number of files in particular directories in my home location and displays the output. Now I have 13 directories in my home location. I am getting the output as : Avishek_dir 13 Kunal_dir 17 Shantanu_dir 18 Arup_dir 12 Pranabesh_dir 19 . .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: avishek007
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

output formatting with awk.

# echo $PATH /usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin How would i write a script to display permission on each folders in $PATH variable below format. drwxr-xr-x 2 0 root 4096 Nov 24 14:51 /usr/kerberos/sbin drwxr-xr-x 2 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Code tag like formatting in Outlook?

Hi, Not a shell scripting question ,but searched a lot over google ..but no success. How do put codes in outlook 2007 mail messages in good manner like the code tags option while posting in this forum :). Apologies if the question is very irrelevant or the solution is very simple. Regds,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting of output from awk

Hi; i m running an command like; getfacl $(find /home/fstl/testShell/ -type f -ls | awk '{print $11}') and i m getting outpiut for all files in "testShell" folder as; # file: home/fstl/testShell/.script1.sh.swp # owner: root # group: root user:fstl:rw- user:ajay:rw- group:root:r--... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting output of script

I'm looking for a way to neaten up the out put of an ldapquery. I might get one, none, or several returns for each query; and each query consists of multiple lines. And while each return will contain the same types of info, it might be in a different order, like: uniq: 1 ip: 192.168.2.3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting grep and awk output

Hi there. I have a very large file and I am trying to format it so that I can pull out certain pieces of data/info and report it in spreadsheet format/style. The file has ###### which will separate each line that will be listed in the spreadsheet. Whenever I find "No" at the end of a line I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting output using awk in ksh

:oi was trying to write a script to format output of a command in ksh which has output as below: so i used : to get which i require at all times. But problem occurs when status part changes. above output i get when status is SU (success).If the status is IN (inactive), output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pr5439
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in formatting output in sed / awk

I have a file like this : ! 1 ! 542255 ! 50,140.00 ! ! 2 ! 551717 ! 5,805.00 ! ! 3 ! 551763 ! 8,130.00 ! ! 4 ! 551779 ! 750.00 ! ! 5 ! 551810 ! 56,580.00 ! ! 6 ! 551816 ! 1,350.00 ! ! 7 ! 551876 ! 360.00 ! ! 8 ! 551898 ! ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: adam1969in
10 Replies
OSACOMPILE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					     OSACOMPILE(1)

NAME
osacompile -- compile AppleScripts and other OSA language scripts SYNOPSIS
osacompile [-l language] [-e command] [-o name] [-d] [-r type:id] [-t type] [-c creator] [-x] [-s] [-u] [-a arch] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
osacompile compiles the given files, or standard input if none are listed, into a single output script. Files may be plain text or other compiled scripts. The options are as follows: -l language Override the language for any plain text files. Normally, plain text files are compiled as AppleScript. -e command Enter one line of a script. Script commands given via -e are prepended to the normal source, if any. Multiple -e options may be given to build up a multi-line script. Because most scripts use characters that are special to many shell programs (e.g., AppleScript uses single and double quote marks, ``('', ``)'', and ``*''), the command will have to be correctly quoted and escaped to get it past the shell intact. -o name Place the output in the file name. If -o is not specified, the resulting script is placed in the file ``a.scpt''. The value of -o partly determines the output file format; see below. -x Save the resulting script as execute-only. The following options are only relevant when creating a new bundled applet or droplet: -s Stay-open applet. -u Use startup screen. -a arch Create the applet or droplet for the specified target architecture arch. The allowable values are ``ppc'', ``i386'', and ``x86_64''. The default is to create a universal binary. The following options control the packaging of the output file. You should only need them for compatibility with classic Mac OS or for cus- tom file formats. -d Place the resulting script in the data fork of the output file. This is the default. -r type:id Place the resulting script in the resource fork of the output file, in the specified resource. -t type Set the output file type to type, where type is a four-character code. If this option is not specified, the creator code will not be set. -c creator Set the output file creator to creator, where creator is a four-character code. If this option is not specified, the creator code will not be set. If no options are specified, osacompile produces a Mac OS X format script file: data fork only, with no type or creator code. If the -o option is specified and the file does not already exist, osacompile uses the filename extension to determine what type of file to create. If the filename ends with ``.app'', it creates a bundled applet or droplet. If the filename ends with ``.scptd'', it creates a bun- dled compiled script. Otherwise, it creates a flat file with the script data placed according to the values of the -d and -r options. EXAMPLES
To produce a script compatible with classic Mac OS: osacompile -r scpt:128 -t osas -c ToyS example.applescript SEE ALSO
osascript(1), osalang(1) Mac OS X November 12, 2008 Mac OS X