Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files Post 302890388 by Amulya on Thursday 27th of February 2014 12:49:27 AM
Old 02-27-2014
Excellent! Thanks a lot. This is what i needed. Thanks Akshay for the neeful help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay Hegde
Try :

Code:
$ cat log
./testing/file.pdf
./sample.jpg
./example.html
./testcondition.css

Code:
$ echo 'gfdg' >example.html

Code:
$ cat example.html
gfdg

Code:
$ cat test
#!/bin/bash

SEARCH_IN_FILES="html htm css js"
declare -A MYMAP=( [abc]=test1 [efg]=test2 [gfdg]=test3 )

while read line;do

if grep -w "${line##*.}" <<<$SEARCH_IN_FILES >/dev/null; then

for i in "${!MYMAP[@]}";do
               sed -i 's/'"$i"'/'"${MYMAP[$i]}"'/g' $line
        done
    fi

done <"log"

Code:
$ bash test

Code:
$ cat example.html
test3

---------- Post updated 2014-02-27 at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous update was 2014-02-26 at 01:47 PM ----------

$ sh testsync.sh
testsync.sh: line 4: declare: -A: invalid option
declare: usage: declare [-afFirtx] [-p] [name[=value] ...]

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

set password using a shell script

Hi All How can I set password in linux.It is OK if it display password in plain text in script. manually i can set: #passwd Changing password for root Enter new password: Bad password: too weak. Re-enter new password: Password changed. # I want this to be done by script.Please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tannu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh script - Design ? - Search file and set variables

Hi - I'm trying to think of a clever way to write a shell script (trying to stay w/ ksh as that's what I know the best...) that will resolve the following problem: Problem - On a daily basis I have to email folks who are on-call to remind them. I was hoping to script this out so I could have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlefrog
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi search/replace using a set

Hi, I'm trying to do a global search/replace in vi using a set - I want to find every occurance of a carriage return followed by a character and replace it with a space. I've tried the following: :%s/\n/ /g It does the search ok, but it replaces the characters with the literal value ""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HudZo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search of common words in set of files

Hi, I have a set of simple, one columned text files (in thousands). file1: a b c d file 2: b c d e and so on. There is a collection of words in another file: b d b c d e I have to find out the set of words (in each row) is present or absent in the given set of files. So, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mala
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Search/Replace Multiple Files Script Needed

I have a rather complicated search and replace I need to do among several dozen files and over a hundred occurrences. My site is written in PHP and throughout the old code, you will find things like die("Operation Aborted due to....."); For my new design skins for the site, I need to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UCCCC
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop through Sub Directories and search for set of files

I have the below directory in unix environment /home/bkup/daily: ls -lrt drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 12 18:21 20110112/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 13 17:06 20110113/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 14 16:44 20110114/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasannarajesh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding compound words from a set of files from another set of files

Hi All, I am completely stuck here. I have a set of files (with names A.txt, B.txt until L.txt) which contain words like these: computer random access memory computer networking mouse terminal windows All the files from A.txt to L.txt have the same format i.e. complete words in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a value and replace other field in the same set

Hello friends, I have huge file with many sets where each "set" has few lines and each set always begins with "Set" in Sq brackets as shown above. # cat file1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)