Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk Script Output in Outlook Formatting Issue Post 302890384 by Ariean on Wednesday 26th of February 2014 01:22:25 PM
Old 02-26-2014
awk Script Output in Outlook Formatting Issue

When i execute the below shell script with 2 different Input files, for one of the data files (datafile1) my email message body in the outlook messes up and every thing comes up in one line. May i please know what i am doing wrong here or how to fix this? The only difference in data files is one is having an extra "s" (Farm Credit Services & Farm Credit Service). I didn't understand why that is messing up.

Shell Script:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
awk -F\| -v loc="$2" -v file="$1" '
        BEGIN {
                print "Informatica Was Able To Successfully Load the XML Data File:" loc"/"file
        }
        {
                print "             "
                print " Provider: "$1
                print " Provider Desc: "$2
                print " UNINUM: "$3
                print " UNINUM Desc: "$4
                print " Extract Date: "$5
                print " Version Number: "$6
                print " Loading Status: "$7
                print " Validation Status: "$8
        }
' OFS="|" "dwh_StageLoadEmail.lst" | /usr/bin/mutt -s "INFO:XML Data File Loaded Successfully" "xyz@zyx.com"

Data File1 (dwh_StageLoadEmail.lst):
5|xxxBank|022222|Farm Credit Services, ACA |31-DEC-13|1|COMPLETED|COMPLETED

Output In Outlook:
Code:
Informatica Was Able To Successfully Load the XML Data File:/var/tmp/InfaLogs/dwh_FeedValidationLogStageTbl.lst

Provider: 5
 Provider Desc: xxxxBank
 UNINUM: 022222
 UNINUM Desc: Farm Credit Services, ACA  Extract Date: 31-DEC-13  Version Number: 1  Loading Status: COMPLETED  Validation Status: COMPLETED

Data File2 (dwh_StageLoadEmail.lst):
5|xxxBank|022222|Farm Credit Service, ACA |31-DEC-13|1|COMPLETED|COMPLETED

Output In Outlook:
Code:
Informatica Was Able To Successfully Load the XML Data File:/var/tmp/InfaLogs/dwh_FeedValidationLogStageTbl.lst

Provider: 5
 Provider Desc: xxxxBank
 UNINUM: 022222
 UNINUM Desc: Farm Credit Service, ACA 
 Extract Date: 31-DEC-13
 Version Number: 1
 Loading Status: COMPLETED
 Validation Status: COMPLETED

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Script Output

Hello all, Can somebody please offer some advice. I'm working on a small script to list all packages on the local and remote systems and need it in the following format. Machine Name, Package, Version Here is what i have so far but i can't seem to get the output of the hostname to loop to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about formatting output using AWK

Hi everyone. I've got this fille... 0 5000001 5000002 5000003 5000006 5000007 5000219 11000156 11003130 11003132and this script... #!/bin/ksh FILE_ALERT_CONTACT_LIST=users.txt userID=`awk -F"=" '{printf $1 ", "}' $FILE_ALERT_CONTACT_LIST` (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fatbob
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output of a script

Dear readers, I have a script that counts the number of files in particular directories in my home location and displays the output. Now I have 13 directories in my home location. I am getting the output as : Avishek_dir 13 Kunal_dir 17 Shantanu_dir 18 Arup_dir 12 Pranabesh_dir 19 . .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: avishek007
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

output formatting with awk.

# echo $PATH /usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin How would i write a script to display permission on each folders in $PATH variable below format. drwxr-xr-x 2 0 root 4096 Nov 24 14:51 /usr/kerberos/sbin drwxr-xr-x 2 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Code tag like formatting in Outlook?

Hi, Not a shell scripting question ,but searched a lot over google ..but no success. How do put codes in outlook 2007 mail messages in good manner like the code tags option while posting in this forum :). Apologies if the question is very irrelevant or the solution is very simple. Regds,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting of output from awk

Hi; i m running an command like; getfacl $(find /home/fstl/testShell/ -type f -ls | awk '{print $11}') and i m getting outpiut for all files in "testShell" folder as; # file: home/fstl/testShell/.script1.sh.swp # owner: root # group: root user:fstl:rw- user:ajay:rw- group:root:r--... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting output of script

I'm looking for a way to neaten up the out put of an ldapquery. I might get one, none, or several returns for each query; and each query consists of multiple lines. And while each return will contain the same types of info, it might be in a different order, like: uniq: 1 ip: 192.168.2.3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting grep and awk output

Hi there. I have a very large file and I am trying to format it so that I can pull out certain pieces of data/info and report it in spreadsheet format/style. The file has ###### which will separate each line that will be listed in the spreadsheet. Whenever I find "No" at the end of a line I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting output using awk in ksh

:oi was trying to write a script to format output of a command in ksh which has output as below: so i used : to get which i require at all times. But problem occurs when status part changes. above output i get when status is SU (success).If the status is IN (inactive), output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pr5439
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in formatting output in sed / awk

I have a file like this : ! 1 ! 542255 ! 50,140.00 ! ! 2 ! 551717 ! 5,805.00 ! ! 3 ! 551763 ! 8,130.00 ! ! 4 ! 551779 ! 750.00 ! ! 5 ! 551810 ! 56,580.00 ! ! 6 ! 551816 ! 1,350.00 ! ! 7 ! 551876 ! 360.00 ! ! 8 ! 551898 ! ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: adam1969in
10 Replies
dat_provider_init(3DAT) 			     Direct Access Transport Library Functions				   dat_provider_init(3DAT)

NAME
dat_provider_init - locate the Provider in the Static Registry SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldat [ library... ] #include <dat/udat.h> void dat_provider_init ( IN const DAT_PROVIDER_INFO *provider_info, IN const char * instance_data ) PARAMETERS
provider_info The information that was provided by the Consumer to locate the Provider in the Static Registry. instance_data The instance data string obtained from the entry found in the Static Registry for the Provider. DESCRIPTION
A constructor the Registry calls on a Provider before the first call to dat_ia_open(3DAT) for a given IA name when the Provider is auto- loaded. An application that explicitly loads a Provider on its own can choose to use dat_provider_init() just as the Registry would have done for an auto-loaded Provider. The Provider's implementation of this method must call dat_registry_add_provider(3DAT), using the IA name in the provider_info.ia_name field, to register itself with the Dynamic Registry. The implementation must not register other IA names at this time. Otherwise, the Provider is free to perform any initialization it finds useful within this method. This method is called before the first call to dat_ia_open() for a given IA name after one of the following has occurred: o The Provider library was loaded into memory. o The Registry called dat_provider_fini(3DAT) for that IA name. o The Provider called dat_registry_remove_provider(3DAT) for that IA name (but it is still the Provider indicated in the Static Registry). If this method fails, it should ensure that it does not leave its entry in the Dynamic Registry. RETURN VALUES
No values are returned. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: uDAPL, 1.1, 1.2 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level | | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dat_ia_open(3DAT), dat_provider_fini(3DAT), dat_registry_add_provider(3DAT), dat_registry_remove_provider(3DAT), libdat(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 16 Jul 2004 dat_provider_init(3DAT)