Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Lookup field values in two fixed format file in UNIX - not working Post 302890232 by Lingaraju on Tuesday 25th of February 2014 10:00:19 PM
Old 02-25-2014
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR && NF>1 { v=substr($0,37,14);#print substr($0,37,14) next}NR==FNR && ( /Company Code/ OR /Invoice Number/ ) { sub(/Company Code/,"",$0); sub(/Invoice Number/,"",$0); a[v]=$0;print $0 next}(substr($0,37,14) in a) { print $0 a[substr($0,99)]}' Input1.txt input2.txt input3.txt

I am trying to format the output to put it here

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing particular field in fixed width file

I have a fixed width file and i need to change 36th field to "G" in for about random 20 records? How can I do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixed Format File

Hi to All, Would you please help me. I have a issue like in fixed format file there are 80 words should be there. but if file contains greater than 80 words then creates problem. so i have to trim file having more than 80 characters line through unix shell scripting. Please let me know how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: div_Neev
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixed width file with newline field separators

I have some huge files that are produced daily from a production system written in basic (really). The files are fixed width records, 512 bytes, with newline field separators, newlines if the field is null, and trailing newlines for null fields. The data in the fields can be any ascii... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtischuk@yahoo.
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup two values per line (from a second file) and write the smaller value to another file

Hello Unix Gurus, Please let me know if this is hard to understand and I apologize for my inability to explain better. I have a file "Foo" with the following structure CHR_A BP_A SNP_A CHR_B BP_B SNP_B R2 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with AWK - Compare a field in a file to lookup file and substitute if only a match

I have the below 2 files: 1) Third field from file1.txt should be compared to the first field of lookup.txt. 2) If match found then third field, file1.txt should be substituted with the second field from lookup.txt. 3)Else just print the line from file1.txt. File1.txt:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venalla_shine
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File field to replace lookup from another file

Hi All, I don't know how to fast do this field replace that need lookup from another file to form the update result:confused: I want to do it by general shell script Can anyone help to solve it ? Thanks for your kindly reply in advance. CK (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwong99
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lookup field in map file

Hi, I have two questions which I would massively appreciate help with. 1. I am trying to insert a field into a file similar to the vlookup function in excel. In column 2 is a gene id for which i would like to insert the full name in the adjacent column. I have a map file (map.file) which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genehersh
1 Replies

8. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command -Filter rows in fixed width file based on column values

Hi All, I am trying to select the rows in a fixed width file based on values in the columns. I want to select only the rows if column position 3-4 has the value AB I am using cut command to get the column values. Is it possible to check if cut -c3-4 = AB is true then select only that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print field from lookup file in output

The below awk uses $3 and $4 in search as the min and max, then takes each $2 value in lookup and compares it. If the value in lookupfalls within the range in searchthen it prints the entire line in lookup/ICODE]. What I can't seem to figure out is how to print the matching $5 from search on that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
SHAR(1net)							  Wang Institute							SHAR(1net)

NAME
shar - create file storage archive for extraction by /bin/sh SYNOPSIS
shar [-abcmsuv] [-p prefix] [-d delim] files > archive DESCRIPTION
shar prints its input files with special command lines around them to be used by the shell, /bin/sh , to extract the files later. The out- put can be filtered through the shell to recreate copies of the original files. shar allows directories to be named, and shar prints the necessary commands (mkdir & cd) to create new directories and fill them. shar will not allow existing files to be over-written; such files must be removed by the user extracting the files. OPTIONS
-a All the options. The options: -v -c -b -p <tab>X are implied. -b Extract files into basenames so that files with absolute path names are put into the current directory. This option has strange effects when directories are archived. -c Check file size on extraction by counting characters. An error message is reported to the person doing the extraction if the sizes don't match. One reason why the sizes may not match is that shar will append a newline to complete incomplete last lines; shar prints a message that mentions added newlines. Another reason why the sizes may not match is that some network mail programs remove non-whitespace control characters. shar prints a message that mentions control characters to the extractor. -d Use this as the ``end of file'' delimiter instead of the default. The only reason to change it is if you suspect a file contains the default delimiter: SHAR_EOF. -m Reset the exact protection modes of files when they are extracted (using the chmod program). By default, the extractor's default file modes are used, and executable files (e.g., shell scripts) are made executable. -p Use this as the prefix to each line of the archived files. This is to make sure that special characters at the start of lines are not eaten up by programs like mailers. If this option is used, the files will be extracted with the stream editor sed rather than cat so it is more efficient and portable to avoid setting the prefix, though perhaps less safe if you don't know what is in the files. -s Silent running. All checking and extra output is inhibited. -u Archive the input files with the uuencode format for later extraction with uudecode. This will allow you to send files with control characters in them, but will slow down the extracting. You must be sure that the receiving party has access to uudecode. -v Print verbose feedback messages about what shar is doing to be printed during extraction. Sizes of plain files are echoed to allow a simple validity check. SEE ALSO
sh(1), tar(1), cpio(1), tp(1), uuencode(1), uudecode(1) fpack(1) is a plain-file packer useful for UNIX and MSDOS AUTHOR
Gary Perlman (based on a shell version by James Gosling, with additions motivated by many people on the UNIX network: Derek Zahn, Michael Thompson, H. Morrow Long, Fred Avolio, Gran Uddeborg, Chuck Wegrzyn, nucleus!randy@TORONTO, & Bill McKeeman) LIMITATIONS
shar does not know anything about links between files. UNIX User's Manual March 4, 1986 SHAR(1net)