Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to create an rpm from installed files? Post 302890211 by Ironchunk on Tuesday 25th of February 2014 05:24:13 PM
Old 02-25-2014
You need a Tarball and a Spec-File to do a rpmbuild-command. That should build you a rpm-package.

Greets

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if rpm is installed

Hi all im hoping someone can help, i want to check if a rpm package is installed, if it is then display one text if not then another text, below is what i have got so far, im am very much a noob at this, as you can probably can see so if possible make it simple, and a big thankyou if you can help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave123
3 Replies

2. Linux

RPM used to installed to get a partcular command

Hi, I have a query in linux and please find the details of it I have a command in linux and i want to know which rpm has provided that command. ie: if we take ifconfig command ,i want to know what is the rpm package used to get that command. Regards Arun.Kakarla (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

If I want to create such Installer (Not RPM)

Hi All, I had created a installer (RPM), but later I came across that Netbeans (netbeans-6.9-ml-linux), Flex Builder Linux Alpha (flexbuilder_linux_install_a4_081408.bin) and JDK (jdk-6u20-linux-i586-rpm.bin) dont provide any RPM but they provide a huge binary executable shell script. My... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_amp
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy?

How to make RPM not write to RPM database if RPM fails to deploy? IE I create an rpm spec file that contains the following if then exit 1 fi My rpm will fail at deployment, but if I do rpm -qa , I can see the rpm in the rpm db (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create rpm from tar.gz?

I m planning to use puppet to implement organizational linux hardening policies across the linux servers. To begin with i have downloaded. puppet-2.7.1.tar.gz and tried some basic configuration to get start with puppet. Now i want to roll out the puppet but before that i would like to make... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to create RPM in RHEL5

I would like to package my developed application and deploy it using RPM to my users. Understand that RHEL5 has the following directories created: /usr/src/redhat/BUILD /usr/src/redhat/RPMS /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES /usr/src/redhat/SPECS /usr/src/redhat/SRPMS Using KDevelop as my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanlccc
0 Replies

8. Programming

How to create RPM in RHEL5

I would like to package my developed application and deploy it using RPM to my users. Understand that RHEL5 has the following directories created: /usr/src/redhat/BUILD /usr/src/redhat/RPMS /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES /usr/src/redhat/SPECS /usr/src/redhat/SRPMS Using KDevelop as my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanlccc
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create rpm?

I m referring below article for creating rpm. Installation and Setup Rpmbuild Tutorial As per the document i will need rpmdevtools and rpmlint to begin with. However i have yum installed and whenever i run them i get below output. # yum install rpmdevtools rpmlint Setting up Install Process... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
0 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies
display_accelerator()													     display_accelerator()

Name
  display_accelerator - Core method to display current accelerators.

Synopsis
  typedef void (*XtStringProc)(Widget, String);
	 Widget w;
	 String string;

Inputs
  w	    Specifies the source widget that supplied the accelerators.

string    Provides the string representation of the accelerators that were installed.

Description
  The  Core  display_accelerator() method is registered on the display_accelerator field of the Core class part structure, and is called when
  the application installs a widget's accelerators with XtInstallAccelerators() or XtInstallAllAccelerators().

The argument w is the widget instance that has had its accelerators installed, and string is a string representation of the widget's accel-
  erator  table.   Some  widget classes will want to display themselves differently when accelerators are installed so that the user is aware
  that they are available.  (Menu buttons that display their keyboard equivalents are a good example.)

The method is passed a string version of the current accelerator table, in canonical form.  This form may differ from the  original  source
  of the accelerator table itself.

The  display_accelerator()  method  is not chained.  A widget class can inherit its superclass's display_accelerator() method by specifying
  XtInheritDisplayAccelerator in its Core display_accelerator field.  A widget that does not wish to display any accelerators  may  set  this
  field to NULL.

Usage
  The  translation table syntax is not particularly easy for a user to read or particularly easy for a widget to convert into a simpler form,
  so a widget class may prefer to define a resource which is the string that should be displayed when the accelerator is installed.  That way
  the application programmer can specify both the accelerator and the representation of the accelerator that the user will see.

None of the Intrinsics or Xaw widget classes define a display_accelerator() method.

See Also
  XtInstallAccelerators(1).

Xt - Intrinsics Methods 												     display_accelerator()