Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Web Server/Permissions issues. Post 302890185 by LightCastle on Tuesday 25th of February 2014 03:03:16 PM
Old 02-25-2014
root:root is running the webserver ?

How do I determine that ?

I was given the root as username and the password.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions issues

I'm hoping this is a pretty simple question. I have a problem were memebers of a group can't delete or overwrite a file. The box is setup several users all part of the same group. Now default umask is 002. The problem I run into is there are processes that add to, del, and over write files. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lightspd
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions Issues FTP server

Hi all, Quick question, im going to find this a bit hard to explain but ill give it a go. Basically i have an admin account on an FTP server that i want to be able to control ALL files without having to use sudo (as i need to run cron scripts to move files that are owned by a number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Wordpress & Git, urgent permissions issues, need help...

Heya, So I recently upgraded my MacBook to a solid state drive, during the re-install of Snow Leopard I chose to abandon MAMP and use the built in Apache & PHP and in doing so moved my ~/Sites to /Library/WebServer/Documents from a Time Machine backup. During this transition the permissions... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3w47m88
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

TextMate web server permissions

this could be a dumb question. i am still becoming used to usr / group permissions. permissions to place a file into XAMPP/htdocs. the problem is that when i go to place a TextMate file into XAMPP/htdocs a window comes up and states: Type your password to allow TextMate to make changes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowLips
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Permissions configuration for web server

Greetings! I have a Solaris workstation that I use for web hosting. It runs SAMP and everything was working good for me until I got a need to add a couple of co-workers to help me with development. I'm trying to find some guidance for how to set up filesystem permissions so everybody would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
3 Replies
vipw(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  vipw(1B)

NAME
vipw - edit the password file SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/vipw DESCRIPTION
vipw edits the password file while setting the appropriate locks, and does any necessary processing after the password file is unlocked. If the password file is already being edited, then you will be told to try again later. The vi(1) editor will be used unless the environment variable VISUAL or EDITOR indicates an alternate editor. vipw performs a number of consistency checks on the password entry for root, and will not allow a password file with a "mangled" root entry to be installed. It also checks the /etc/shells file to verify the login shell for root. FILES
/etc/ptmp /etc/shells ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
passwd(1), vi(1), passwd(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 vipw(1B)