Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Copy existing Ubuntu to boot from USB Post 302890167 by Corona688 on Tuesday 25th of February 2014 01:38:16 PM
Old 02-25-2014
Is the USB bigger or smaller than your hard drive?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy one folder to another with existing files

For example, /tmp/folder1 includes /tmp/folder1/a /tmp/folder1/b /tmp/folder2 includes /tmp/c Is there a command without removing files in /tmp/folder2 first to copy the /tmp/folder1 to /tmp/folder2? and the result should be /tmp/folder2 will include only /tmp/folder2/a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
2 Replies

2. Linux

How to boot Fedora 8 from USB

Hi, friends, can anyone suggest me how to boot fedora 8 from USB flash drive? thanks. :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MULTIVERSE
3 Replies

3. Linux

Usb Boot

Hi I am trying to create a fedora 11 usb boot disk for my acer aspire note book. Problem is the only access i have to another machine is a mac running leopard. Can some one tell me how i go about this please Treds (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building a script in Ubuntu (Linux) from existing DOS .cmd

Greetings, I would be very grateful to anyone who is willing to help and knows there scripting and how to convert a DOS CMD script. :) In this posting I am also hoping to pass on information to anyone wanting to see a bit of VMware command line stuff. I have made a script (batch file) that runs... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dp123
11 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Ubuntu on USB stick?

Hey Guys I have an Ubuntu CD and I was thinking of creating like a bootable hard drive with various OS so that I can just boot OSs with t drive and not require the CDs. I was just wondering is there a way I can do this, like have Ubuntu boot from a USB stick? If yes how is that possible(even if I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbansal2
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

[SOLVED] Dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu on USB

I am trying to dual boot on an external USB 500GB drive using my laptop.I have Windows 7 installed and booting on 1st partition 230GB now as active primary, 2nd partition is 100GB as primary, and 3rd partition is 135GB as primary. I was intending on installing Ubuntu onto the 2nd partition. I read... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolecho
12 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Installing UBUNTU on USB stick

I'd like to install the OS on my stick. I would like to be able to save my works there and install apps or customize the OS. What can I do Ps. At home I use an iMac, but in the school where I work there are only PC... Ty (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fabio_Puricelli
2 Replies

8. Solaris

T5220 not able to boot from USB

Hi, I want to install Solaris-11 on T5220. I created USB from sol-11_4-text-sparc.usb by usbcopy on another Solaris-11 servers, which looks like a good one. I tried did "reset-all" and still same issue. Can I get some help on this. {0} ok reset-all Sun Netra T5220, No Keyboard Copyright... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies
PBUILDER-DIST-SIMPLE(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   PBUILDER-DIST-SIMPLE(1)

NAME
pbuilder-dist-simple - simple multi-release pbuilder wrapper SYNOPSIS
pbuilder-<dist> operation [...] DESCRIPTION
pbuilder-dist-simple is a wrapper that makes it easy to use pbuilder with chroots for many different Ubuntu distributions. If you need more features than pbuilder-dist-simple provides, have a look at pbuilder-dist(1). USAGE
Create one symlink to pbuilder-dist-simple for each distribution for which you want a build environment, naming them like "pbuilder-lucid", "pbuilder-natty", etc. Replace operation with the action you want pbuilder-dist-simple to do (create, update, build, clean, login or execute). EXAMPLES
pbuilder-natty create Creates a pbuilder environment for Ubuntu Natty. pbuilder-lucid update Updates an existing Ubuntu Lucid environment. pbuilder-lucid build ./sample_1.0-0ubuntu1.dsc Builds the specified package on an already existing Ubuntu Lucid environment. FILES
By default, pbuilder-dist-simple will store all the files it generates in ~/pbuilder/. This can be changed by modifying the BASE_DIR value on the top of the script to any other directory you want. If the directory doesn't exit, it will be created at runtime. SEE ALSO
pbuilder(1), pbuilderrc(5), pbuilder-dist(1) AUTHORS
pbuilder-dist was originally written by Jamin W. Collins <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> and Jordan Mantha <mantha@ubuntu.com>, and this man- page by Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. ubuntu-dev-tools February 25, 2008 PBUILDER-DIST-SIMPLE(1)