Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian How to play avi files Raspberry Pi? Post 302890162 by oldcity on Tuesday 25th of February 2014 01:06:21 PM
Old 02-25-2014
I have tried it with and without sudo.
It simply does not work with Raspbian
on the Raspberry Pi.

I have abandoned mplayer.

I have installed vlc and it does the
job for me

Thank you for your responses.
oldcity

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Playing AVI in solaris 8

how to play avi file in solaris8 ??... it is not opening in realplayer 7 ..... i also dont have the root login ...plz help !!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyshail
2 Replies

2. Linux

fedora: problem to play mp3 files.

hi friends. i have tried all above option to play mp3 files but i am not able to listen mp3 files. i have tried above option using yum like $ su - # yum install gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-ffmpeg i got a error like Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit Could... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praneshmishra08
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Convert .mp4 to .avi

Hello, I need software to convert multimedia files. What is the good software? I was looking for it on the web, but I did not find any special. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feliks
1 Replies

4. Slackware

Can't play sound files with aplay or cat to /dev/dsp

I am having problems using soundes. Until a few moments ago the following commands produced errors and no sound: cat /usr/share/apps/kolf/sounds/blackhole.wav/ > /dev/dsp yielded: /dev/dsp: Invalid argument cat /usr/share/apps/kolf/sounds/blackhole.wav > /dev/audio yelded: /dev/audio:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Raspberry Pi anyone?

Anyone order or get the new Rasberry Pi? I'm still waiting. Even though it's a fun project, I think these will turn out to be toys for people who already have PC's, and a boon to those who do not. But that is not stopping me. If my wallet holds out, maybe I can build a Raspberry Pi beowulf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Burn avi to cd with k3b

Is there a way to burn avi to cd with k3b? When I tried the disc became unusable. I tried to open the disc on 2 different computers with no luck. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Raspberry PI

The small red box to the left of TV is the Raspberry PI. Successfully installed and running Raspbian Wheezy. I learnt about Raspberry PI from Neo here on unix.com. Thanks to you Neo :b: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajesuri
6 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to play video files one after the other continously?

Hi, There are many MP4 files in a folder say 50 files . All these files are video clipping files.Instead of playing the video one by one , is it possible to play all video clipping files into single shot ? Say for example when i play one video file it gets over after sometime and to view... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
DRADIO(1)							  DRadio Manuals							 DRADIO(1)

NAME
dradio - Danmarks Radio netradio player SYNOPSIS
dradio [--nologo] [--notitle] [MPLAYER_OPTIONS]... dradio --help, -h dradio --version DESCRIPTION
dradio is a Danmarks Radio (DR) netradio, podcast, and TV player. It is a terminal based frontend to mplayer(1) that collects the available channels/podcasts for convenient browsing. OPTIONS
MPLAYER_OPTIONS Options are passed to the mplayer child process, e.g. 'dradio -nocache' will turn off mplayer caching. See mplayer(1) for a descrip- tion of the available options. --help, -h Print help message and exit. --version Print the version number and exit. --nologo Do not show DR logo. --notitle Do not try to update the title/icon text of the terminal with the currently playing menu item name. KEYBOARD CONTROL
k/j or up/down Navigate menu 1 item up/down. ctrl-b/ctrl-f or pgup/pgdown Navigate menu 1 page up/down. / and * Decrease/increase volume. < and > Previous/next podcast. left and right Seek backward/forwards 1 minute in podcasts. shift-left and shift-right Seek backward/forward 10 minutes in podcasts. t Toggle show DR logo. p Toggle pause. q Quit. When playing streaming TV or video podcasts see mplayer(1) for keyboard controls. FILES
~/.config/dradio/menu.xml The menu configuration file. See dradio(5) for further details. ~/.config/dradio/out.log mplayer stdout is redirected here. ~/.config/dradio/err.log mplayer stderr is redirected here. ~/.config/dradio/input.conf The mplayer input.conf configuration file. See mplayer(1) for further details. http://www.dr.dk/netradio/wmp.asp DR netradio direct links page. http://www.dr.dk/Podcast DR podcast direct links page. AUTHOR
Jess Thrysoee <jess@thrysoee.dk> SEE ALSO
dradio(5), dradio-config(1), mplayer(1), ncurses(3NCURSES) DRadio JANUAR 2009 DRADIO(1)