Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Web Server/Permissions issues. Post 302890157 by LightCastle on Tuesday 25th of February 2014 11:58:36 AM
Old 02-25-2014
Web Server/Permissions issues.

I do not know if this is the correct place to post this, and I have tried to trawl through relevant articles to fix the issue, but I am stumped.

I have a server, log as root.

var/www is root:root

var/www/website-one is root:root

var/www/website-one/neosmart-stream is root:root

This error pops up

It is not possible to create new directories via PHP mkdir(). /var/www/website-one/neosmart-stream/ (CHMOD 0775) is not writeable.
Try to set your webserver as owner of /var/www/website-one/neosmart-stream/

Has this web server been setup incorrectly ?

On another web server not managed by me the permissions/group are right and everything works fine ?

Can anyone direct me on the right path please ?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions issues

I'm hoping this is a pretty simple question. I have a problem were memebers of a group can't delete or overwrite a file. The box is setup several users all part of the same group. Now default umask is 002. The problem I run into is there are processes that add to, del, and over write files. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lightspd
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions Issues FTP server

Hi all, Quick question, im going to find this a bit hard to explain but ill give it a go. Basically i have an admin account on an FTP server that i want to be able to control ALL files without having to use sudo (as i need to run cron scripts to move files that are owned by a number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Wordpress & Git, urgent permissions issues, need help...

Heya, So I recently upgraded my MacBook to a solid state drive, during the re-install of Snow Leopard I chose to abandon MAMP and use the built in Apache & PHP and in doing so moved my ~/Sites to /Library/WebServer/Documents from a Time Machine backup. During this transition the permissions... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3w47m88
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

TextMate web server permissions

this could be a dumb question. i am still becoming used to usr / group permissions. permissions to place a file into XAMPP/htdocs. the problem is that when i go to place a TextMate file into XAMPP/htdocs a window comes up and states: Type your password to allow TextMate to make changes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowLips
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Permissions configuration for web server

Greetings! I have a Solaris workstation that I use for web hosting. It runs SAMP and everything was working good for me until I got a need to add a couple of co-workers to help me with development. I'm trying to find some guidance for how to set up filesystem permissions so everybody would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
3 Replies
snnewgroup.v0.3.8(8)					      System Manager's Manual					      snnewgroup.v0.3.8(8)

NAME
snnewgroup - create a new sn newsgroup SYNOPSIS
snnewgroup newsgroup [server] [port] DESCRIPTION
snnewgroup creates newsgroup assigning it an upstream NNTP server of server:port. If port is not specified, defaults to 119. If server is also not specified, newsgroup is created as a local group which is fed only by articles POSTed to it. You will need to be root or own /var/spool/sn in order to add new groups. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SNROOT If this is set and is not empty, the value is used in place of /var/spool/sn, the default news spool directory. FILES CREATED
/var/spool/sn/newsgroup Directory where articles will be stored. /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.created Empty file for the newsgroup creation time. /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.serial Where snget gets its idea of the new starting serial number for newsgroup on server server:port. The value is initialized to 0. /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.outgoing If server is specified, is a symlink to /var/spool/sn/.outgoing/server:port, which is a directory, created if it does not already exist. If server is not specified, no file /var/spool/sn/newsgroup/.outgoing will be created. See also snsend. SEE ALSO
sndelgroup, snsend N.B. Harold Tay snnewgroup.v0.3.8(8)