Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Web Server/Permissions issues. Post 302890157 by LightCastle on Tuesday 25th of February 2014 11:58:36 AM
Old 02-25-2014
Web Server/Permissions issues.

I do not know if this is the correct place to post this, and I have tried to trawl through relevant articles to fix the issue, but I am stumped.

I have a server, log as root.

var/www is root:root

var/www/website-one is root:root

var/www/website-one/neosmart-stream is root:root

This error pops up

It is not possible to create new directories via PHP mkdir(). /var/www/website-one/neosmart-stream/ (CHMOD 0775) is not writeable.
Try to set your webserver as owner of /var/www/website-one/neosmart-stream/

Has this web server been setup incorrectly ?

On another web server not managed by me the permissions/group are right and everything works fine ?

Can anyone direct me on the right path please ?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions issues

I'm hoping this is a pretty simple question. I have a problem were memebers of a group can't delete or overwrite a file. The box is setup several users all part of the same group. Now default umask is 002. The problem I run into is there are processes that add to, del, and over write files. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lightspd
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions Issues FTP server

Hi all, Quick question, im going to find this a bit hard to explain but ill give it a go. Basically i have an admin account on an FTP server that i want to be able to control ALL files without having to use sudo (as i need to run cron scripts to move files that are owned by a number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Wordpress & Git, urgent permissions issues, need help...

Heya, So I recently upgraded my MacBook to a solid state drive, during the re-install of Snow Leopard I chose to abandon MAMP and use the built in Apache & PHP and in doing so moved my ~/Sites to /Library/WebServer/Documents from a Time Machine backup. During this transition the permissions... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3w47m88
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

TextMate web server permissions

this could be a dumb question. i am still becoming used to usr / group permissions. permissions to place a file into XAMPP/htdocs. the problem is that when i go to place a TextMate file into XAMPP/htdocs a window comes up and states: Type your password to allow TextMate to make changes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cowLips
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Permissions configuration for web server

Greetings! I have a Solaris workstation that I use for web hosting. It runs SAMP and everything was working good for me until I got a need to add a couple of co-workers to help me with development. I'm trying to find some guidance for how to set up filesystem permissions so everybody would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
3 Replies
runit(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  runit(8)

NAME
runit - a UNIX process no 1 SYNOPSIS
runit DESCRIPTION
runit must be run as Unix process no 1. It performs the system's booting, running, and shutdown in three stages: STAGE 1 runit runs /etc/runit/1 and waits for it to terminate. The system's one time tasks are done here. /etc/runit/1 has full control of /dev/console to be able to start an emergency shell if the one time initialization tasks fail. If /etc/runit/1 crashes, or exits 100, runit will skip stage 2 and enter stage 3. STAGE 2 runit runs /etc/runit/2, which should not return until system shutdown; if it crashes, or exits 111, it will be restarted. Normally /etc/runit/2 starts runsvdir(8). runit is able to handle the ctrl-alt-del keyboard request in stage 2, see below. STAGE 3 If runit is told to shutdown the system, or stage 2 returns, it terminates stage 2 if it is running, and runs /etc/runit/3. The systems tasks to shutdown and possibly halt or reboot the system are done here. If stage 3 returns, runit checks if the file /etc/runit/reboot exists and has the execute by owner permission set. If so, the system is rebooted, it's halted otherwise. CTRL-ALT-DEL If runit receives the ctrl-alt-del keyboard request and the file /etc/runit/ctrlaltdel exists and has the execute by owner permission set, runit runs /etc/runit/ctrlaltdel, waits for it to terminate, and then sends itself a CONT signal. SIGNALS
runit only accepts signals in stage 2. If runit receives a CONT signal and the file /etc/runit/stopit exists and has the execute by owner permission set, runit is told to shut- down the system. if runit receives an INT signal, a ctrl-alt-del keyboard request is triggered. SEE ALSO
runit-init(8), runsvdir(8), runsvchdir(8), sv(8), runsv(8), chpst(8), utmpset(8), svlogd(8) http://smarden.org/runit/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> runit(8)