Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to contribute Linux in Development? Post 302890105 by tarun_nix on Tuesday 25th of February 2014 08:28:35 AM
Old 02-25-2014
Hi Wisecracker,

What's the roadmap to be a developer for Linux on Kernel/patch/update.

I heard one has to complete Linux Architecture Certs to be one.. for above.

do you suggest to have linux architect cert for to get job in Giant Cmpny...

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

wanna contribute to gnu

I want to contribute to any project that currently going on in the gnu. What is the procedure. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Want to contribute to unix opensource projects.

Hello , I am C++, Objective C , Qt ,developer on Mac OS X, iOS having around 4+ years of experience. I never got a chance to work on System Level programming. But I am very much interested in it. I don't want to do UI programming any more but I am doing just because of my current job profile.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: want2bcomecoder
2 Replies
CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)						CDBS Documentation						CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
cdbs-edit-patch - create or edit a CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch SYNOPSIS
cdbs-edit-patch patchname DESCRIPTION
cdbs-edit-patch creates or edits patches for use by the CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch system. For more information about CDBS please see the documentation under /usr/share/doc/cdbs/. When patchname exists, cdbs-edit-patch will set up a temporary working source tree, apply all patches up to and including patchname in lex- icographic order, and spawn an interactive shell for the developer. The developer can then edit files in this working tree. When the developer is done and exits the shell, cdbs-edit-patch updates patchname to reflect the changes made. To abort the process from the inter- active shell, exit with a nonzero exit value. When patchname does not exist, cdbs-edit-patch will assume that a new patch should be created. As with the above scenario, cdbs-edit-patch will first create a temporary working source tree and apply all patches up to the new patch in lexicographic order. When the shell is quit, cdbs-edit-patch will create patchname. AUTHOR
CDBS was written by Colin Walters and others. cdbs-edit-patch was written by Martin Pitt. This manual page was written by Peter Eisen- traut based on the dpatch-edit-patch(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
CDBS documentation in /usr/share/doc/cdbs/, /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk, dpatch-edit-patch(1), quilt(1) Debian 5 Feb 2006 CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)